Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Flashlight Save Issue

Was in a match with an Oni and three times it made the noise for a blind, indicated it was a blind, but it did not release the survivor they were carrying. Not sure if it is a bug on the flashlight or not as that was the only game of the night it happened but it was the first match of the night against an Oni so it might be a problem for that killer alone.

2 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,707

Did you see if the Killer had the perk Lightborn? Also keep in mind that there is a time window for the blind to get a save, if you blinded them too early or too late, they do not drop the survivor.

• Akayaofthemoon
    Akayaofthemoon Member Posts: 22

Oops! I did forget to mention I double checked at end game and no they did not have lightborn.

• Akayaofthemoon

It also was not during pick up so it was an early or late thing. They were just carrying them and didn’t look away or anything. It just didn’t seem to matter

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,619

If you're able to add a video or provide logs, it would be appreciated greatly.

• EvalionVelmore
    EvalionVelmore Member Posts: 18

Yees they are also not deafening killers at all. Which i find incredibly annoying as this aspect of the perk is what i use for my build.

• Akayaofthemoon

I wish I had a video but sadly, I do not. I’ve just noticed it happening here and there which is odd.

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454

You can blind the killer without saving during pickup and when carrying. If pickup, your timing is off, if while carrying the killer could be looking down, up, etc and you cant tell because the flashlight beam obscures this especially when barely looking down or up.

• Akayaofthemoon
    edited November 2023

Yes, I know but when you miss a blind it doesn’t do the visual of the blind or state in the reward points that you have blinded the killer. As I mentioned, the points said the killer was blinded, gave the visual and nothing happened. Also, I did it way after pick up as they were walking around and before making it to a hook.

• EvalionVelmore
    EvalionVelmore Member Posts: 18

Flashbangs are bugged they arent even deafening killers anymore. You can test this in customs with a friend. The only thing they do is blind but they dont actually deafen or stun killers carrying survivors.

• Akayaofthemoon

Oh, honestly, now that you mention it… I had a huntress game where they blinded me with a flashbang when I wasn’t carrying anyone and I didn’t think about it as the time since I wasn’t but you are right, it didn’t make the ringing sound for the blind.

• BenSanderson55

Wdym nothing happened? I'm confused. You'd have to be the killer to know if the killer was actually blinded according to what you're saying (i think). Saving a survivor with a blind is two scoring events. Blind and rescue from killer grasp.

• Akayaofthemoon
    edited November 2023

It showed BOTH the score points and didn’t let go of the survivor, not sure how I can make it more clear than that?

• BenSanderson55

Ok now it's clear. I looked again and you never indicated anything about getting the score event for "rescue from killer grasp". Original post: " it made the noise for a blind, indicated it was a blind, but it did not release the survivor they were carrying." You worded it like I blinded the killer why didnt i save the survivor? You never mentioned it giving you the scoring event for saving the survivor (rescue from killer grasp) in your original post or any of the other replies.