De-ranking solution

Make it so rank is a one-way street until Rank reset. If you do not pip during the match you get a blood point penalty. If you disconnect you stay at the same rank. This would solve it as no one could say there is no variety at the high ranks as everyone who pips would get there soon enough.

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    That would make everyone rank up to rank 1 far too easily, which would defeat the whole point of ranks. People with thousands of hours would get matched up with new players still.
  • ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

So now the argument is ranking up would be to bully people? What do you think is happening now with the deranking and SWF smurfing to face lower rank killers? If someone is not good enough to pip they would not rank up.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

So now the argument is ranking up would be to bully people? What do you think is happening now with the deranking and SWF smurfing to face lower rank killers? If someone is not good enough to pip they would not rank up.

You will, on average, rank up even now, and that's with the possibility to depip. Those who are actually stuck at rank 15 currently are the rare exception, not the rule. Unless it were made significantly harder to pip, you would eventually rank up.
  • ColonGlock

Yes, that is my point. The whole community who can pip would be playing together. The people who struggle would stay in lower ranks and learn. I am fine with also raising the ceiling on pipping or taking away safety pip and replacing it with some other penalty than losing pips.

• Skrill0x
    Skrill0x Member Posts: 50

how about making it so that the higher the rank the more xp and bloobpoints you gain? So at rank 1 you get double bloodpoints and double xp since games are harder for both sides. Give ppl a reason to stay at hight ranks rather than penalizing them for deranking

• ColonGlock

@Skrill0x said:
    how about making it so that the higher the rank the more xp and bloobpoints you gain? So at rank 1 you get double bloodpoints and double xp since games are harder for both sides. Give ppl a reason to stay at hight ranks rather than penalizing them for deranking

That might affect the blood point economy of the game in a negative way as everyone who can play would get there. I like my solution better as it counters the desire and ability to face easier opponents and takes away the excuse that it is hard getting queues at the higher ranks. I am fine with some reward whether it is shards, bp, or auric cells for the store though.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Peanits said:
    That would make everyone rank up to rank 1 far too easily, which would defeat the whole point of ranks. People with thousands of hours would get matched up with new players still.
    Give us the rank system + resets (and rewards) of R6!
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

U can rank up as killer without killing and as survivor without surviving.
  • ColonGlock

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    ColonGlock said:

U can rank up as killer without killing and as survivor without surviving.

I am fine with changing the requirements to pip. I just want it to be a one-way street once you meet those requirements.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

OhTofu has a roundtable on twitch right now with some of the more popular streamers discussing this.
    It's very interesting... and some good suggestions were made about it.

• ColonGlock

@Jesya said:
    OhTofu has a roundtable on twitch right now with some of the more popular streamers discussing this.
    It's very interesting... and some good suggestions were made about it.

This is why I created this topic. I just want DBD to be a better experience.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Skrill0x said:

I would disagree that they are "harder" at rank 1. The biggest difference I have found is that the people at higher ranks are much more serious, and more often than not they are way more toxic. I personally prefer to play at the green ranks because I play with more people with my mindset there. I play to have fun. I don't care about "winning". I want to get bps and have a good time. If I die as a survivor, I want to have had fun. Fun could be a thousand things, but getting a jump scare, a funny chase, making the killer stop and wonder ######### I'm doing because me and another survivor are goofing off, or just completing a few objectives. If I don't kill anyone as a killer, I want to have enjoyed the match - which usually means getting a few hooks, surprising/out maneuvering a survivor, etc. (If survivors are talking about how much fun it was at the end of the match, I'm happy...and I got bps.) These things are less common at rank 1. Players are spicy and want to win at all costs. They are angry when they lost, etc.

I have no interest in being forced to play serious when I'm more interested in playing casual. I tend to not take this game very serious, regardless of skill. If I see I'm seriously outclassing a group of survivors, I tend to take the foot off the pedal. If the killer has been completely run around by the survivors, I have often run up to a hook or allowed myself to get hooked at the end. Just because it is fun.

Rank should never control fun.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

All this is wrong.

Ranked Rewards.

End of story.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2019
    I don't want to keep getting thrown against a skill ceiling over and over and over again.
    If I'm legitimately getting my butt kicked because of the rank I'm at and I can't get no relief, I'm going to stop playing until rank reset.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ColonGlock said:
    Make it so rank is a one-way street until Rank reset. If you do not pip during the match you get a blood point penalty. If you disconnect you stay at the same rank. This would solve it as no one could say there is no variety at the high ranks as everyone who pips would get there soon enough.

Ranking up is arleady ridiculously easy, but that suggestion ......