Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer power Creep.

Mind you I play killer and survivor. But this is soemthing I was thinking about now that Dracula is out. What is this new theme with killers having multiple powers. I thought 2 was alot like pyramid head and pinhead but theirs dont feel to crazy becuase (lyramid head has horrible turning with his m2 and the cages tbh are worse than hooks 99% of the time. And pinheads box yes it slows gens but unless he knows where it is it typically doesnt or shpuldnt start a chainghunt. And his chain power isnt thaaat crazy pretty easy to counter.) The downsides of them typically are equal to the strength of the power. But for example vecna has 4 powers and almost none of them have downsides. Mage hand has almost 0 counterplay besides pre dropping which then can just be picked up or flown over right after u pre drop. And maybe im bad and just dont understand how to play against vecna but that also comes down to understamdability of a killer and thwir powers. U over complicate it and it becomes bard for both killer and survivor to understand or enjoy the killer. From my few matches playing vecna i had average of one dc a game and i understnd it becuase at times it feels almost like why have pallets and windows if they are just circumvented by one of the killers 4 powers. And im afraid dracula will be very similar 3 powers and from what i see very little to no downsides. I feel what made killers balanced was lets say huntress for example. Slow but has long range capabilities. Maybe im over thinking or reacting. So this is why i ask for the opinions of others. Ofcourse this isnt being rude just an opinion and was curious if anyone else felt similar.

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

The new theme may be killers with multiple powers, but the other new theme is guaranteeing all of those powers are extremely clunky and unsatisfying to use. So that way, no one is happy, so it's balanced(?)

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

We all know they won't though. They have never given a killer a new ability ever. Just reworks to old ones that weren't significant changes.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 172

I think Dracula's powers are all pretty balanced.

Vampire form is a pretty middle of the road antiloop power.

Wolf form is great tracking and a great counter to hold W but struggles in loop.

Bat form is great mobility but you can't physically see survivors.

You have something for every situation but use the wrong form in a situation and you're gonna get punished with cooldowns or not being equipped correctly.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 675

Believe me dracula isn't too strong he's an absolute joke at the moment:

Vampire: Way too thin and the charging takes too long and the penalty for canceling is insane.

Wolf: Absolute worthless outside of situation where you already could have downed them normaly, the palette break takes too long aswell to be usefull.

Bat: is okay, it's more or less fast and has a interessting teleport, but it's map-dependend.

So he hasn't a single thing going for him at the moment xD

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,298

Trapper finally gets a Glock and Nemesis gets a rocket launcher

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

PLEASE LET HUNTRESS CLIMB AND RUN THROUGH TREES!!!!!😫

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 637

Too early to tell if he's overpowered in either form.

BHVR has been moving towards utility in most occasions for killers. I like it as survivor as it keeps me on my toes and things fresh.

There's a fine line tho, like with SM.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746

it doesnt matter when gens are so easy and fast to repair, and kicking them does nothing

• CosmicScarab
    CosmicScarab Member Posts: 144

Given that a majority of the most powerful killers are still older ones (Blight, Nurse, Huntress, Billy, ect) I don't think it's really power creep unless new killers start being even more powerful than those ones. Most of the killers that come out recently end up being mostly balanced, or even on the weaker side.

• baharuto48
    baharuto48 Member Posts: 112

It depends on the player.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,861

SM isn’t powerful; she’s just bothersome to face b/c she wins through forced attrition.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Is this why Killers such as Ghostface and Trapper have one singular pretty strong ability, but lack in everything else? Is this also why Freddy is currently in the state he's in (though I saw there was a buff planned maybe)?

• Toaster427
    Toaster427 Member Posts: 120

Why have the devs since abandoned the golden rule of simplistic design to avoid overly confusing mechanics to new players?

I'm old school, so I remember the community events where the devs explicitly stated this as a major consideration when developing new killers early on, which is why most of the killer's from 4 years ago have pretty basic powers but are still fun for everyone play with or against.

These last few years of killer development seems to have utterly erased that strategy, with killers being released now that have such complicated powers and effects that new players are literally hopeless to counter them without spending an hour on a wiki page studying guides.

What is the strategy now? Has BHVR lost interest in considering the fun factor for new or casual players ? Are they focusing on just keeping the veterans happy now? I mean that's what it feels like nowadays.

I'm positive if you went out right now and found 4 new players and had them play 10 rounds against vecna, and then 10 rounds against Bubba, they would take a significantly longer time to learn how to play against vecna than they would bubs. How is that fair? Why should new players bear the burden of a otherwise miserable experience of getting stomped on over and over again simply because someone spent money on a premium character? Why should someone who spends money on a overly complicated killer be rewarded with free wins whenever they get matched againat newer or casual players? What does this do to the game in the long run when new players are put off by this and quit playing early on because the game is far more complicated to learn than it was 5 years ago.

And don't tell me a simple designed killer isn't popular anymore to players. You've already proven that wrong with wesker, who was last killer that BHVR released that was both overwhelmingly welcomed and praised by both killers and survivors.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

Nurse is strongest killer according to most tier lists. She is 4th killer to be added. the first DLC. Power-creep Nurse. Good joke.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

I mean there are only so many simplistic killers you can design till you run out, at least with the current engine and gameplay limitations. I don't blame them for struggling to make up completely unique ideas, the game has been out for 8 years and has well over 30 killers.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 898

It's not a bad thing if some killers have more tools. Some killers should have some depth. It would get boring if every killer was as simple as Wraith.