The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Regarding Being Banned for False Reporting

AlwaysInAGoodShape
AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

From: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/43725/console-bans-are-finally-here#latest

@Peanits said:
We review every report on an individual basis and never ban without proof. If someone abuses reports, they won't do anything, but they might get a ban themselves for abusing the report system.

You mention abusing the reporting system. I assume you receive a lot of dismissible reports for;

If you can be banned for reporting, doesn't that make it safer for you personally to not report/let others do the reporting? Since not everybody is aware of what exactly is reportable, could it be that there are people unjustly losing their account, while trying to improve the community for the better?

See banning someone for abusing the reporting system as taking someone to jail for breaking a low that they did not know about. Such a hard punishment of course doesn't prevent people from not breaking such a law.

So for the question:
Since there are a lot of misconceptions about what the bannable offences are, wouldn't it be better to disable a person's account from reporting when they abuse the report system, instead of banning their account itself?

@Peanits

Best Answer

Answers

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

It sounds like a better idea, but its up to devs to decide

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    edited January 2019

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

So for the question:
    Since there are a lot of misconceptions about what the bannable offences are, wouldn't it be better to disable a person's account from reporting when they abuse the report system, instead of banning their account itself?

@Peanits

Totally agree on this. The in-game report system doesn't list the things above as not being reportable offences so banning people for simply 'not knowing' or 'not following the forums' is wrong as I still know people who do not know that you can't report people for dribbling, bodyblocking etc. You can't ban people for doing what they are told to do but not telling them how to do it correctly in-game.

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155
    edited January 2019

Also with the ban for disconnecting, does it makes difference between intentional DC and losing the connection ?
    Because for example sometimes I have bad connection and the game kicks me out because I lose internet connection but I didn't do it intentionally, but it happens to me 5 times a week - or when I close the door with the router :D.

I found the naswer in different topic, sorry :).

Post edited by Luc_ius on
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

"Ignorance of law excuses no one".

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@thesuicidefox said:

Kinda like the editing your file for legacy thread hehe?

• Tornato33
    Tornato33 Member Posts: 1

I would like to know where the "Cannot report survivors for" list is, cause this is all things to report killers, but from what I've seen, the devs are HEAVILY killer sided, and let almost any reports against survivor through. So much that 3 of my favorite streamers got banned just shy of 2 days after this was implemented, and they only play survivor because killer is too easy for them. (Obviously they got banned on PC so they went on console, and the killers were just worse than on PC.) Which literally kills their stream, youtube channel and force them to find something else to play. Seriously sad.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Tornato33 said:

I would like to know where the "Cannot report survivors for" list is, cause this is all things to report killers, but from what I've seen, the devs are HEAVILY killer sided, and let almost any reports against survivor through. So much that 3 of my favorite streamers got banned just shy of 2 days after this was implemented, and they only play survivor because killer is too easy for them. (Obviously they got banned on PC so they went on console, and the killers were just worse than on PC.) Which literally kills their stream, youtube channel and force them to find something else to play. Seriously sad.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest
    It's underneath "Discarded Report Reasons" If the streamers you followed were banned, they were probably doing something wrong.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited January 2019

@Tornato33 said:

Only the first three things and the last one are things that only Killers can do. The fourth and sixth can go either way, and everything else is things that only Survivors do. In other words, it's 50/50.
    It is quite sad that you're here defending people who were banned for good reason.

• thesuicidefox

@powerbats said:

@thesuicidefox said:

??? I play on Xbox and never did this, not sure what you are implicating here.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Peanits said:

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    From: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/43725/console-bans-are-finally-here#latest

@Peanits said:
    We review every report on an individual basis and never ban without proof. If someone abuses reports, they won't do anything, but they might get a ban themselves for abusing the report system.

You mention abusing the reporting system. I assume you receive a lot of dismissible reports for;

If you can be banned for reporting, doesn't that make it safer for you personally to not report/let others do the reporting? Since not everybody is aware of what exactly is reportable, could it be that there are people unjustly losing their account, while trying to improve the community for the better?

See banning someone for abusing the reporting system as taking someone to jail for breaking a low that they did not know about. Such a hard punishment of course doesn't prevent people from not breaking such a law.

So for the question:

@Peanits

If you're just not sure, that's not an issue. Whenever someone creates a ticket about something that's not bannable for instance we will inform them that what they are reporting is not a punishable offense and link them to the rules. It becomes a problem when someone is using it maliciously or falsely reporting a bunch of people. For example, if you just mass report anyone who beats you for cheating their save file, you'll probably be banned from the support site. If you are doing it maliciously, like trying to falsify a report to get an innocent person banned, then that's when it becomes a real issue. We have ways to verify whether a report is true so that can't happen.

In short, just reporting someone and not knowing the rules won't get you banned, trying to abuse the system to get someone innocent banned might.

Would it be possible to add this picture on the report screen? Many people really don't know what's reportable or not
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2019
    Tornato33 said:

I believe you either Don’t play this game at all or you are blinded by your want to be victims.
    No one plays survivor because killer is too easy, Devs certainly don’t make this game easy for killers at all, and if one of those players has a face like Swiss cheese and Can’t say dude, then this ain’t why he got banned.

First 3 killer specific 
    4th and 5th and 6th can apply to anyone
     7th and 8th survivor specific 
    9th killer 

the list is generated from the ridiculous reports they’ve had that much that they have had to create a list to advise stupid people what is not reportable.
  • powerbats

@thesuicidefox said:

@powerbats said:

@thesuicidefox said:

I was referring to the other poster yesterday that accidentally edited their file and didn't know it was wrong to hack themselves in legacy items.

Sorry should've been more clear on that one so let em edit that.

• powerbats

@powerbats said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Kinda like the editing your file for legacy thread poster that accidentally did it hehe?

Edited to clarify wasn't referring to @thesuicidefox here.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    edited January 2019

@Tornato33 said:

Camping, slugging, tunneling, and dribbling are things only killers can do. Teabagging, bodyblocking, looping, and tapping generators are things only survivors can do. Either side can streamsnipe. The score is 4-4 here. In simple terms, after I get home from a long day at my day job, I literally could not care less what side you're playing. If you are breaking the rules, I will ban you just as much as the next guy. If your favourite streamers are being banned they should probably follow the rules just like everyone else.

• thesuicidefox
    edited January 2019

@powerbats said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@powerbats said:

@thesuicidefox said:

I was referring to the other poster yesterday that accidentally edited their file and didn't know it was wrong to hack themselves in legacy items.

Sorry should've been more clear on that one so let em edit that.

Ah ok. LOL I'm like "I never did this WHAT?!"

@Peanits said:
    Camping, slugging, tunneling, and dribbling are things only killers can do. Teabagging, bodyblocking, looping, and tapping generators are things only survivors can do. Either side can streamsnipe. The score is 4-4 here. In simple terms, after I get home from a long day at my day job, I literally could not care less what side you're playing. If you are breaking the rules, I will ban you just as much as the next guy. If your favourite streamers are being banned they should probably follow the rules just like everyone else.

Actually killers can body block too. And Pig can teabag. So it's more like 4-6. Not like it matters 😋