The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Reposting My Apparent Bannable Posting.

I got a warning over this comment for "name and shaming". It was also removed.

"If you happen to be playing with Silverlink10 on the ps4 now I will not save any of you once the exit gates are powered. I am absolutely tired of people leaving me behind after I have done most of the gens or have ran the killer around the entire game. So you want to screw me over then I will do the same. Thanks for making me salty and selfish."

Now since the devs haven't answered my question I decided to post this back in the forum so as to understand why this comment is bannable. First devs, Silverlink10 is my name on the PS4 not somone else's name in case you misread the comment. As for the shaming, people in this forum shame nonspecific people all the time. I read a comment just yesterday shaming people for using noed calling them noobs or sucky killers with no skill. Also people shame you for making the legion the way he is. It's nothing new. Now, if I do get banned for reposting this comment, please explain to me this. Am I getting banned for shaming myself or shaming nonspecific people like everyone does in these forums all the time? 

Comments

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Makes sense. I'll keep my eye out.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Well if I run into you I'll be sure to try and stay behind to see you to the gate
  • Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    Why not switch to playing killer and REALLY wreak your horrible vengeance upon them?
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Ray_Penber said:

"If you happen to be playing with Silverlink10 on the ps4 now I will not save any of you once the exit gates are powered. I am absolutely tired of people leaving me behind after I have done most of the gens or have ran the killer around the entire game. So you want to screw me over then I will do the same. Thanks for making me salty and selfish."

Now since the devs haven't answered my question I decided to post this back in the forum so as to understand why this comment is bannable. First devs, Silverlink10 is my name on the PS4 not somone else's name in case you misread the comment. As for the shaming, people in this forum shame nonspecific people all the time. I read a comment just yesterday shaming people for using noed calling them noobs or sucky killers with no skill. Also people shame you for making the legion the way he is. It's nothing new. Now, if I do get banned for reposting this comment, please explain to me this. Am I getting banned for shaming myself or shaming nonspecific people like everyone does in these forums all the time? 

It really does look like that you were shaming Silverlink10 though. I am not saying that you wrote it wrong, it is just easy to assume that there was a guy named silverlink10 and he left you behind. You already mentioned it, so yeah mods most probably made a mistake.

Also naming and shaming is not what you think it is. You can say that NOED users suck but you can't say that there is a killer named Delfador and he uses NOED because he sucks. The latter is name and shaming not the first one.

• Ray_Penber
    Ray_Penber Member Posts: 94
    Delfador said:

@Ray_Penber said:

It really does look like that you were shaming Silverlink10 though. I am not saying that you wrote it wrong, it is just easy to assume that there was a guy named silverlink10 and he left you behind. You already mentioned it, so yeah mods most probably made a mistake.

Also naming and shaming is not what you think it is. You can say that NOED users suck but you can't say that there is a killer named Delfador and he uses NOED because he sucks. The latter is name and shaming not the first one.

Well this should be a lesson then. Making sure you word your comments and discussions properly.
  • Lonefox64
    Lonefox64 Member Posts: 132

Also, if you see Attackfrog in game, he sucks.

Like REAL stupid and a terrible survivor. He should stick to killer but he camps a lot. Also runs NOED a lot.

Such a noob. Avoid him cuz he's dumb.

Usually i see you having very out there opinions frog  but this i think everyone can agree with thanks for being so observant. :P
  • NoReward
    NoReward Member Posts: 36
    If the other survivours are around so you see them it can be a rescue operation with a happy end, alone it’s not so easy to unhook someone and get away if the killer is close by. 
    But I feel you, it feels so good when someone is trying to save you in the end, makes me happy.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Btw, there's a player called @Delfador and he used NOED because he sucks.
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I love saving people even near the end but killer don'tmaking it easy I'm on ps4 and when I see someone going on the hook after doors are open I feel bad if I feel I can't save them mostly if he camping.

• Ray_Penber

I love saving people even near the end but killer don'tmaking it easy I'm on ps4 and when I see someone going on the hook after doors are open I feel bad if I feel I can't save them mostly if he camping.

Yeah, well try versing freddy will lower lvl players. I ran him around for half the match. He hooked me, then the gates opened he didn't have noed and he wasn't camping. They left me behind. It was depressing. :(
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Delfador said:

@Ray_Penber said:

Well this should be a lesson then. Making sure you word your comments and discussions properly.
    Or maybe the mods should reread the actual post?
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Like REAL stupid and a terrible survivor. He should stick to killer but he camps a lot. Also runs NOED a lot.

Private message from: [Insert Mod Name Here]

Hello @Attackfrog

We have a no naming and shaming policy. Please reframe from shaming anyone in the forums because this isn't the right place for that, even if it's yourself that you're shaming.

Thank You!
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,908

@Ray_Penber I've had a look at your previous post &warning and I am removing the warning as you were talking about yourself, it was misunderstood that you were talking about another player.

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155

Lol I also thought you were talking about another player.

• Ray_Penber
    MandyTalk said:

@Ray_Penber I've had a look at your previous post &warning and I am removing the warning as you were talking about yourself, it was misunderstood that you were talking about another player.

Thank you, when I first saw that warning I was confused about how the comment got me in trouble. I am glad it was cleared up. :)
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I reported your other thread (and this one, before I realized what it was). I misunderstood both threads, and I sincerely apologize.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@George_Soros said:

I am not sure if it works in this way lol

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Mods be skimmin reports confirmed

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Delfador said:

@George_Soros said:

I am not sure if it works in this way lol

Too bad. Always wanted to be put in a cage by a fine lady.
    Sigh. One can dream.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    It was clear to me that you were talking about yourself.
    Don't worry, i got jailed once for insulting to myself as a joke.
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Get a PC guy so I can just camp you, and give you a reason to be upset.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Vietfox said:
    It was clear to me that you were talking about yourself.
    Don't worry, i got jailed once for insulting to myself as a joke.
    Hmm...
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Attackfrog said:

^^^^^^^^^^

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vortexas said:
    Get a PC guy so I can just camp you, and give you a reason to be upset.

DO YOU PROMISE?!?!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Ray_Penber said:

For someone skippign through your text, it might have appeared as a name shaming issue.
    I remember that I thougth the same int he first sec when I saw this thread^^