The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Found this on Reddit

yes
yes Member Posts: 361
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

(I DID NOT MAKE THIS. Some guy on Reddit did. The pic shown below is made by him/her, credits to them for making it.)

I found this on Reddit, it was some guy posting a suggestion about 'Quality of Life' updates, aka less grinding, etc. I'll leave what he posted and I'll add the link as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/amsfyl/i_have_a_few_ideas_for_some_quality_of_life/

Do you guys think what he described, should be added to the game? Personally, I think so, especially the iridescent shard rewards you get each time you complete a bloodweb based on your prestige level.

(@not_Queen @MandyTalk @Peanits @Giddawid @Patricia, please consider adding these)

Post edited by yes on

Comments

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Yessssssssssss please
  • yes

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    I think a lot of those values are way too high, but the idea is good.

Yeah, they could be toned down a bit.> @Zagrid said:

Yessssssssssss please

Dude, same. Like it's pointless being P3 lvl 50 with almost all perks.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Would love a more shard awards and a devotion award would be great too! The grind in this game is insane :dizzy:

• yes

@Bongbingbing said:
    Would love a more shard awards and a devotion award would be great too! The grind in this game is insane :dizzy:

Exactly! Then again, the devs could remove tiers 1 & 2 from perks and have a 'base' set for perks, but then again, they could reduce the grind in many other ways as well. Devotion awards would be amazing!

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Love this <3

• Ihatelife
    edited February 2019
    Post edited by Ihatelife on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@yes said:
    I found this on Reddit, it was some guy posting a suggestion about 'Quality of Life' updates, aka less grinding, etc. I'll leave what he posted and I'll add the link as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/amsfyl/i_have_a_few_ideas_for_some_quality_of_life/

Do you guys think what he described, should be added to the game? Personally, I think so, especially the iridescent shard rewards you get each time you complete a bloodweb based on your prestige level.

This sounds reasonable, I agree with the values too.

However I dont understand why we need a bloodpoint cap

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited February 2019

Regarding:

"For Each Bloodweb that you now complete you gain 10/15/30/45 Iredescent Shards depending on your prestige level."

I remember moderator @Peanits saying that they (paraphrasing) don't want Iredescent Shards to be related to the bloodweb, because they need to be careful with how many Shards they give out, as that'd negatively effect sales.

Because they like to be abundant with giving BP during events, tying Iredecent Shards to the bloodweb would prevent them from being able to give away BP as freely as they did before.

Just wanted to mention the previous. I do like that you are addressing the perk grind. It's indeed the fact that the amount of perks you can get per bloodweb which is the sole factor that makes the grind so long, while preventing players from using the bloodweb as intended (as they often buy whatever is the cheapest).

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    I still think once a perk appears in your bloodweb at any tier you should be able to upgrade it to tier 3 immediately, but it would cost more. 

I like all of these ideas but agree that some of the rewards are too high.
  • yes

@brokedownpalace said:
    I still think once a perk appears in your bloodweb at any tier you should be able to upgrade it to tier 3 immediately, but it would cost more. 

Yes, that could be added as well, or it could replace the idea of having 3 perks per bloodweb.> @Master said:

@yes said:

This sounds reasonable, I agree with the values too.

However I dont understand why we need a bloodpoint cap

I don't understand why we need the cap either, possibly to prevent hacks/glitching.

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    Tone down the rewards a small amount an then it would be fine to be added to the game cause atm your rank means ######### all in this game (an before anyone says anything I've been from rank 20 to rank 1 so I know what it's like in all ranks) the only thing it determines is what perks you will be playing against an if its a baby killer/ survivor learning the game or a try hard... 
    But anyway yeah a reward system would be nice 
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

We need this. It'd give an incentive to rank up and fix bloodwebs. I'm sick of NOED showing up, I'm never going to run it because like DS, it requires no skill to earn it or to use it. I'd rather have Bamboozle appear in my bloodwebs.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@brokedownpalace said:

This would effectively reduce the grind by 160-170 million points, have no idea why they have not already done this especially for newer players.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

These ideas are great, I wonder if the devs will think about adding them.

Values could be tweaked a little bit though.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

The guy is going to post this soon, after he reads some feedback and changes the numbers

• yes

@LCGaster said:
    The guy is going to post this soon, after he reads some feedback and changes the numbers

Me? I didn't make it, some dude on reddit did.

This would be greatly appreciated, I want Lightweight to at least tier II or III. I'm sick of not getting it or having Lightweight I.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@yes said:

@LCGaster said:

This would be greatly appreciated, I want Lightweight to at least tier II or III. I'm sick of not getting it or having Lightweight I.

I commented this because I talked to the guy on reddit, I know it wasn't you my friend

• yes

@LCGaster said:

@yes said:

@LCGaster said:

I commented this because I talked to the guy on reddit, I know it wasn't you my friend

Ohhh k

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70
    edited February 2019

tbh i kinda would prefer it to be way less BP.. not really needed to have THAT many each season/devotion tbh - since season rewards are always done after 1month... its not hard to get to rank one at least not as survivor ... n if youre on both sides good nuf ... boom 1.5kk bp each month? nah. (+ cap is 1kk anyway)

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    I think something needs done to help new players who start the game, with more killers survivors being added the grind is to much for newbies. They need help getting perks quicker. 

Devotion rewards are fine as is, 5000 shards lol is never happening, never. Was he serious? 

Season rewards is a must, dont care what the reward is but just something each month to target. Bonus bp would do me. 
  • Delfador

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    I think something needs done to help new players who start the game, with more killers survivors being added the grind is to much for newbies. They need help getting perks quicker. 

Devotion rewards are fine as is, 5000 shards lol is never happening, never. Was he serious? 

Season rewards is a must, dont care what the reward is but just something each month to target. Bonus bp would do me. 

I kinda feel like they are going to do something about it. More and more people started to talk about this perk grind and devs themselves talk about it here and there.

I don't know when they do such a change though.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited February 2019
    Peanits said:

I think t as here's a lot of good ideas here, the bloodweb perk part in particular is really nice.

However, I don't think there should be too many ways to get shards. Shards are a pretty protected currency. You get them at a steady rate and they can be used to buy stuff that would normally cost you real money (individual characters, entire DLCs, etc.). I'm all for getting rewards for hard work, but at the same time that would force events to be more stingy with bloodpoints because giving too many bloodpoints = faster levels = you're drowning in shards = suddenly nobody will buy anything anymore because they can get it all for free in no time, for example. Bills still gotta' be paid, after all.

I will also say that some of these numbers are really high. 5,000 shards for each devotion is a ton, and I feel like it's not really a worthwhile reward because player level already gives you shards anyway. You get ~300 per level for most of it so if you really just wanted shards, you'd already have the motivation to grind that player level up.

Season rewards would be interesting, however I would like to see longer seasons and harder ranking first. Right now if you play enough you're almost guaranteed to get to rank 1 whether you're good or not. If it was harder to get there but you had more time to do it (for the busy people among us), I feel like that would be solid.

Here's a idea. Why not make a pool for perks. So like say nurses u buy the teachable and get tier 3 on nurses calling. It will allow u to use tier 3 nurses on any killer so u only grind each once.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

+1 to this.
    Although like @Peanits said, I disagree with having shards being given from Bloodwebs. Since it can make Shard Farming way too easy and disincentivize people from buying Original Killer/Survivor DLC.
    However, I do agree increasing Shards from Bloodwebs and giving Shards as a Rank Reward is a good thing. Since that gives people an incentive to stay at high ranks and not derank (which is a problem with the ranking system at the moment) and it will give people who've played for a while more reasons to play it with the Devotion rewards.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited February 2019

@Peanits said:
    I think there's a lot of good ideas here, the bloodweb perk part in particular is really nice.

However, I don't think there should be too many ways to get shards. Shards are a pretty protected currency. You get them at a steady rate and they can be used to buy stuff that would normally cost you real money (individual characters, entire DLCs, etc.). I'm all for getting rewards for hard work, but at the same time that would force events to be more stingy with bloodpoints because giving too many bloodpoints = faster levels = you're drowning in shards = suddenly nobody will buy anything anymore because they can get it all for free in no time, for example. Bills still gotta' be paid, after all.

I will also say that some of these numbers are really high. 5,000 shards for each devotion is a ton, and I feel like it's not really a worthwhile reward because player level already gives you shards anyway. You get ~300 per level for most of it so if you really just wanted shards, you'd already have the motivation to grind that player level up.

Season rewards would be interesting, however I would like to see longer seasons and harder ranking first. Right now if you play enough you're almost guaranteed to get to rank 1 whether you're good or not. If it was harder to get there but you had more time to do it (for the busy people among us), I feel like that would be solid.

It takes approximately 3-4 games (As Survivor. Killer may be different) to achieve 4,200 XP.

If each level is giving you 300 shards, you're looking at pretty much 300 shards/hour.

Which means, it takes about 30~ hours to get approximately 9000 shards. That's one original character.

It takes about 9 hours to get about 2700 shards, and 6.66 hours to get around 2000.

Comparing to the old numbers of 10 shards/match, with 200 per Non DLC perks and 270 for DLC perks...

If you got 10/match, and you play about 4 matches/hour

40 shards/hour

200 divided by 40 = 5

It'd take 5 hours to get a teachable perk vs. 6.66. (6 hours and 30ish minutes)

And how much for 270? 6.75 hours.(6 hours and 45 minutes) That's comparable to 9 hours.
    _
    Numbers can vary because not every match is 25 minutes long. I just used the general average which is typically 4,200 xp/hour using the current system, and the old shard system I found was about 40 shards/hour.
    _

Which means, the new system is worse than the new one. You guys gave the prices of everything that requires shards a 640% increase but only the amount of shards earned a 290% increase.

Give us some compensation by seasonal rewards, devotion rewards, or bloodweb rewards.

• Lonefox64
    Lonefox64 Member Posts: 132
    Brady said:

It takes approximately 3-4 games (As Survivor. Killer may be different) to achieve 4,200 XP.

If each level is giving you 300 shards, you're looking at pretty much 300 shards/hour.

Which means, it takes about 30~ hours to get approximately 9000 shards. That's one original character.

It takes about 9 hours to get about 2700 shards, and 6.66 hours to get around 2000.

Comparing to the old numbers of 10 shards/match, with 200 per Non DLC perks and 270 for DLC perks...

40 shards/hour

200 divided by 40 = 5

And how much for 270? 6.75 hours.(6 hours and 45 minutes) That's comparable to 9 hours.
    _
    Numbers can vary because not every match is 25 minutes long. I just used the general average which is typically 4,200 xp/hour using the current system, and the old shard system I found was about 40 shards/hour.
    _

Which means, the new system is worse than the new one. You guys gave the prices of everything that requires shards a 640% increase but only the amount of shards earned a 290% increase.

Give us some compensation by seasonal rewards, devotion rewards, or bloodweb rewards.

Your basic premise is wrong, at max for 1 game you can earn at max 600 shards and add 600 for free at playing first daily match and it still takes 6 perfect games in length to acheive 1 level including the free daily points which you get only once a day so after that add another for 7 games for 600 each.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited February 2019
    Oh you check the reddit too? I found this there and I think it's a much better idea 

Edit: Oops forgot this one

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I feel like the perk grind should only ease up after you have prestiged the third time. Put in the work if you want a real payoff. 
  • RepliCant

@Lonefox64 said:
    Brady said:

40 shards/hour

200 divided by 40 = 5

_

_

Your basic premise is wrong, at max for 1 game you can earn at max 600 shards and add 600 for free at playing first daily match and it still takes 6 perfect games in length to acheive 1 level including the free daily points which you get only once a day so after that add another for 7 games for 600 each.

The max. experience is at Level 50, which is 4,200xp.

Which, offers 300 shards per player level until you Reach a level of devotion, resetting your player level.

• Lonefox64
    Brady said:

@Lonefox64 said:
    Brady said:

40 shards/hour

200 divided by 40 = 5

_

_

Which, offers 300 shards per player level until you Reach a level of devotion, resetting your player level.

Sorry didnt mean shards ment xp you can only earn 600 xp per match making it at least 7 games to get a level including daily xp
  • RepliCant

@Lonefox64 said:
    Brady said:

@Lonefox64 said:

Brady said:

40 shards/hour

200 divided by 40 = 5

And how much for 270? 6.75 hours.(6 hours and 45 minutes)  That's comparable to 9 hours.

_

_

Sorry didnt mean shards ment xp you can only earn 600 xp per match making it at least 7 games to get a level including daily xp

Weird, maybe I'm doing more than 4 games an hour then..

I guess you prove my point even more! Lol

• Lonefox64
    Brady said:

@Lonefox64 said:
    Brady said:

@Lonefox64 said:

Brady said:

40 shards/hour

200 divided by 40 = 5

And how much for 270? 6.75 hours.(6 hours and 45 minutes)  That's comparable to 9 hours.

_

_

Weird, maybe I'm doing more than 4 games an hour then..

I guess you prove my point even more! Lol

Yea man i absolutley agree with you just wanted to give the correct info out there because its way worse than your math because of the xp cap in a match
  • Delfador

@Brady There is almost no difference between the old system and the new one shardwise I believe. Even then, the new system is slightly better.

In the past, if I am not mistaken, it was taking about 550 shards for a 2k teachable and 750 shards for a 2.7k teachable.

To earn 550 shards, you needed to play 55 perfect games.

To earn 2000 shards, you need to play 50 perfect games.

7 games x 600 exp give you 300 shards

to earn 2100 shards you need to repeat that 7 times.

So you have to play around 49 games for a teachable.

The only thing that was nerfed was bloodpoints.

In the past, 550 shard teachables were giving you 250k bloodpoints If I am not wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong.

• RepliCant

@Delfador said:
    @Brady There is almost no difference between the old system and the new one shardwise I believe. Even then, the new system is slightly better.

In the past, if I am not mistaken, it was taking about 550 shards for a 2k teachable and 750 shards for a 2.7k teachable.

To earn 550 shards, you needed to play 55 perfect games.

To earn 2000 shards, you need to play 50 perfect games.

7 games x 600 exp give you 300 shards

to earn 2100 shards you need to repeat that 7 times.

So you have to play around 49 games for a teachable.

The only thing that was nerfed was bloodpoints.

In the past, 550 shard teachables were giving you 250k bloodpoints If I am not wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You aren't, for some reason I remember it being 200 and 270, but my mind is all over the place these days. Looks like my math is pretty wrong

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    This need to be in the game pronto
  • Ihatelife
    edited February 2019

@Peanits said:
    I think there's a lot of good ideas here, the bloodweb perk part in particular is really nice.

I agree with the last paragraph.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Ihatelife said:

@Peanits said:

I agree with the last paragraph.

Same and most players agree with it as well... rank means nothing and there is no reason/incentive to even grind to rank 1 other then "I have red 1 next to my name"
  • Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    I think a lot of those values are way too high, but the idea is good.
    Dead by Daylight needs higher values.