The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sources for Shrine of Secrets changes?

Hey guys and gals, really boring post here. I've been looking into the Shrine of Secrets and have found it nearly impossible to find any developer comments on it. I've been playing since launch, so I find it really odd that things I remember (2 survivor, 2 killer perks each week) seem to have appeared with no bravado. I've done a ton of digging around the time of patch 2.0.0 and can't seem to find anyone even talking about the changes. Am I crazy? When was it stated, as @DocOctober says on the wiki, that perks won't appear for 3 weeks after being on the Shrine? It's not that this seems to be false, it's just that I'd like these statements to be well sourced. If anyone has old sources regarding the Shrine of Secrets, RNG, and when changes were implemented, please let me know!

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited February 2019
    They are deliberatly quiet on this, but i don't remember if the 3 week rule was ever broken so whats on the Wiki right now is about as good as it can get. If you want info you gotta max your charisma stat to 10 and ask BHVR with your fingers crossed.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    They are deliberatly quiet on this, but i don't remember if the 3 week rule was ever broken so whats on the Wiki right now is about as good as it can get. If you want info you gotta max your charisma stat to 10 and ask BHVR with your fingers crossed.

A charisma test of 11 is required for that info. You'll need some fancy hat or glasses to do it.

For real though, it's entirely random other than the rule to prevent a perk from reappearing in the shrine too soon.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

If you haven't found a source, you haven't looked enough. You know the correct time period. I'm not about to spend any amount of time looking for something I know to be true, just because you would like it in writing. No offence, but I have more than enough stuff to do that actually matters in comparison to this.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Haven't looked into anything about the shrine, i just feel the whole "RNG" thing sketchy because some perks appears WAY TOO often, especially since like you said, they should be banned for some time before being able to show up again.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

@DocOctober said:
    If you haven't found a source, you haven't looked enough. You know the correct time period. I'm not about to spend any amount of time looking for something I know to be true, just because you would like it in writing. No offence, but I have more than enough stuff to do that actually matters in comparison to this.

Like browsing forums

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@TheMidnightRidr said:

@DocOctober said:

Like browsing forums

Browsing forums can be done simultaneously to other stuff and doesn't require much attention or time.

Looking for a piece of information amongst several dev streams is an entirely different thing.

• mimzy630
    mimzy630 Member Posts: 42

@DocOctober said:

@TheMidnightRidr said:

@DocOctober said:

Like browsing forums

Browsing forums can be done simultaneously to other stuff and doesn't require much attention or time.

Looking for a piece of information amongst several dev streams is an entirely different thing.

My apologies. You are rather busy, and this would be an annoying task. I won't ask any further of you, though I will say that I would not have mentioned you if I hadn't already checked the dev streams in question. As far as I can tell, you edited the Shrine of Secrets page to include the "3 weeks" line on July 18th, 2018. There doesn't seem to be anything before- even going back a month- that confirms this, which is why I'm confused. Thanks for responding, thanks again for guarding the wiki, and I'll continue searching.

By the way, if you ever feel like resurrecting the Store page, I'd be happy to fill it from a given template.