The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Reporting Without Proof

I had a killer zooming while holding people and I noticed too late and didn't record any proof to go along with the report. How likely are they to look into those cases? It was far faster than anyone using agitation. Can they tell when people are altering something to go faster? @Moderator

Comments

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Did they have Play With Your Food OR noed active?
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

There wasn't even two done and he was walking faster than the normal walking while carrying survivors.

• DocFabron

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

There wasn't even two done and he was walking faster than the normal walking while carrying survivors.

Oh damn. That is very suspicious. I have yet to run into that. 
  • fluffybunny

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I've seen it in videos before, but that was the first time I've come across something like this. I'm worried about getting another game with this person. Cheaters aren't fun to face. :/

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I've had it quite a bit lately as well and it's been Trappers usually it's like they've got BL3 active at the start of the match.

As far as your question fluffy yes they look into it but i almost always start recording at the start of the match and if nothing's there just delete it.

If you do find something suspicious use the support link and follow the steps.

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

could of had agitation?? you go faster with that when carrying i use it to stop body blockers other than that cant comment lol

• fluffybunny

@dannyfrog87 said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

could of had agitation?? you go faster with that when carrying i use it to stop body blockers other than that cant comment lol

It was much faster than agitation is.

• fluffybunny

@powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I've had it quite a bit lately as well and it's been Trappers usually it's like they've got BL3 active at the start of the match.

As far as your question fluffy yes they look into it but i almost always start recording at the start of the match and if nothing's there just delete it.

Do you have any recommendations on what to use to record? I haven't come across a cheater like that before, so I haven't bothered with recording before.

• DocFabron

@powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Do you have any recommendations on what to use to record? I haven't come across a cheater like that before, so I haven't bothered with recording before.

Do you play PS4, PC, or Xbox?
  • fluffybunny

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fluffybunny said:

@powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I'm on PC and I have an Alienware and Window's 10 I believe.

• DocFabron

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fluffybunny said:

@powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Oh darn. I can't help you in recording software then, unless you want to buy a capture card. 
  • fluffybunny

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

fluffybunny said:

@powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

fluffybunny said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I've had it quite a bit lately as well and it's been Trappers usually it's like they've got BL3 active at the start of the match. As far as your question fluffy yes they look into it but i almost always start recording at the start of the match and if nothing's there just delete it. If you do find something suspicious use the support link and follow the steps.

Oh darn. I can't help you in recording software then, unless you want to buy a capture card. 

I don't think you need a capture card for PC.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I use windows built in one for it, Windows key + G starts it and i mute my mic.

• fluffybunny

@powerbats said:
    I use windows built in one for it, Windows key + G starts it and i mute my mic.

I remember something about that when I was starting up some of my games, but couldn't remember the command for the life of me. Thank you! c:

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

We do check them. If you happen to have a recording, that's fantastic and it'll speed up the process, but it's not necessary. If you don't have a video or you're just unable to record, reporting them in-game will be good enough.

If you're looking for recording software, Windows 10 will have a built in recorder, as powerbats mentioned. You can press Windows + G to open up the overlay and start a recording. It can also record your gameplay automatically in the background and delete the footage you don't end up saving, making it even easier. That way if anything does happen, you can just press a button save the past couple of minutes. It's way easier than starting a recording every time.

Each console has the same feature built in as well, and depending on your graphics card if you're playing on PC, you'll probably have either Shadowplay or ReLive as well. I've seen a couple people say that the built in Windows 10 recorder causes performance issues for them, so if it's not working out for you, you might want to check out one of those.

• fluffybunny

@Peanits said:
    We do check them. If you happen to have a recording, that's fantastic and it'll speed up the process, but it's not necessary. If you don't have a video or you're just unable to record, reporting them in-game will be good enough.

If you're looking for recording software, Windows 10 will have a built in recorder, as powerbats mentioned. You can press Windows + G to open up the overlay and start a recording. It can also record your gameplay automatically in the background and delete the footage you don't end up saving, making it even easier. That way if anything does happen, you can just press a button save the past couple of minutes. It's way easier than starting a recording every time.

Each console has the same feature built in as well, and depending on your graphics card if you're playing on PC, you'll probably have either Shadowplay or ReLive as well. I've seen a couple people say that the built in Windows 10 recorder causes performance issues for them, so if it's not working out for you, you might want to check out one of those.

Thank you for responding! That's good to know. c: