You Gained A Buff!

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

That's right!

BHVR has chosen YOU to buff exactly 1 thing in the current game.

What do you buff and why?

A rule: You canNOT add and/or remove anything, you can ONLY edit/change/alter.

Examples: You can't remove the Hex part about Huntress Lullaby.

You can't add another type of object for Detective's Hunch to reveal its aura.

Etc.

Best Answers

• Boss
    Answer ✓

Oh, i forgot to do my own buff. 😋

Hex: Devour Hope

Before my change: 2 Tokens - Grants a 5% Haste Status Effect after 10 seconds of hooking a Survivor, lasting 10 seconds.

After my change: 1 Token - By pressing the ACTIVE ABILITY button (E on PC), the Hex Totem that Devour Hope is attached to immediately becomes a Dull Totem, and Devour Hope is attached to an other random Dull Totem if available.

This action consumes 1 Token.

If no other Dull Totems are available, it won't have any effect and no Token will be consumed.

• Boss
    Answer ✓

Here's another thread just like this one: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49609/you-are-given-a-personal-buff-what-is-it#latest

If you find that my rules are in the way of something you want, perhaps you have the freedom you require over there. 😊

Answers

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

I would decrease the probability to remove a RBT on the first and second boxes to 0%, that would allow Pig to create more pressure.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Because people will think it's too op.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

Iron Maiden -

When a survivor leaves a locker they become Exposed for 5/10/15 seconds, and their aura is revealed to the killer for 3/5/7 seconds

• Boss

Ahh.

This thread isn't about what's OP or not, people can suggest whatever buff. 😊

Of course, the more OP stuff is that you suggest, the less serious you'll be taken.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Beast of Pray. Make it activate faster

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I would say something about Small Game, but that would probably require adding something.

Personally I'd like to see Autodidact be more rewarding considering how much it slows at the start of the game, and how it's pretty much a worse We'll Make It. Buffing the % per token from 15% to 20% would probably help it out. I would like to kinda see some more mechanical changes with it, but since the rule of the thread is only editing and not adding, this is the best I can come up with.

• Keros
    Keros Member Posts: 33

The idea of this is terrifying as hell. Especially with certain killers

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

Survivors can only interact with windows and pallets while in Freddy’s dream transition. Once asleep, everything plays as normal.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Totems explode when I pass by them with small game.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193

Let Michael stalk more than one survivor at a time.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Easy, survivors cannot interact with anything but pallets and windows when put into the dream transition by Freddy

• Misa22
    Misa22 Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2019

-Pop goes the weasel: no timer, it just work on the next gen (and it doesn't stack or gains tokens or anything).

-Territorial imperative: no distance necesary to get activated and no cooldown.

-Vigil: it uninstalls your game caUSE DUDE THIS PERK IS SO BAD.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

It's not a % chance.

When your trap goes on, one box is selected to have your key. The only chance based is if you pick the right box.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

That’s still a % chance lol... basic probability.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

Freddy's dream transition speed will depend on the # of people asleep in the match. If no one is asleep it'll be almost instantaneous, if 1 person is asleep it'll take longer, and so on until when 3 person is asleep, putting the 4th one to sleep will take the longest (around the same speed as the current one).

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    edited March 2019

This needs to be an actual thing.

it’s stupid for a stealth killer to announce their attack before they even start attacking.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Killers no longer exist and survivors get 1000000000% speed bonus to repairing gens

i know you said only one buff but this game needs to be more balanced towards suvivors, currently killers are so overpowered, their hitboxes are massive and they dont let me escape

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2019

Blood Warden should either notify the killer or show the auras of survivors who are opening the exit gates.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I would increase Detective's hunch timer. 15/30/45 instead of 5 would be better, right now, I don't think it is used as much.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited March 2019

I would have Pop Goes the Weasel be token based. Get a hook? You gain 1 token no more timer.

I'd cap it at 2 or 3 so it's not OP

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I would make gen regression much faster. I think the current speed is 25% every 70 seconds or 280 seconds for one gen.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Change The Hag's vault speed to match the speed at which she lunges at survivors during locker grabs and her mori.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Longer timer for Blood Warden.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited March 2019

Pop goes the weasel and make it token based.

Increase Hags base teleporting range to 50m.

Spirits base speed, duration are moderately increased and her cooldown is moderately decreased.

The Hag and Spirit suggestion is to make them viable at base.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2019

Not sure if applies to the rules, but I would change Play With Your Food to something like:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

If the Obsession is alive, every time you hit a survivor and let them escape, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 5 Tokens.

Each Token increases your movement speed by 1/2/3 %.

Each offensive action that puts a survivor in the dying state spends 2 Tokens. Tokens received/spent are doubled against the Obsession.

Only one Obsession  per trial.

Post edited by White_Owl on
  • krayziek
    krayziek Member Posts: 21

Change Freddy's Dream State to 2 parts. Put people to sleep in 5 seconds, and if they don't wake up in 60 or 90 seconds they go into a deep sleep. Once in a deep sleep the only thing that can wake them up is another survivor. And they can't work on gens when in a deep sleep.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Lithe.

I never fast vault unless I'm in a chase. Freddy and Wraith can be problematic with this perk and even in Tier 2 the perk has issues activating against Myers.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Now you can push the killer (rubgy tackle) while transporting a surv stunning the killer and dropping the surv

Perk altered: Dead Hard (causes the same exhaustion)

Condition: must be healthy status and running, then press Action key

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407
    edited March 2019

Resilience

You can repair, sabotage, VAULT, etc 15% (from 9%) faster when you're injured

or

This is not Happening

Great Skill Checks are 100%(from 30% lol) bigger when you're injured

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Perk blood warden. When you hook somone after last gen is done blood warden will be active after gate open without inform surv about perk is active.Only way to see perk is active for surv is see this wall in exit gate.Becose right now this is too situational gate must be open and then you must hook somone.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Reduce the Clown's slowdown when throwing bottles.

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93

I'm torn between these 2 ideas about hex perks.

Whenever a hex is cleansed, all survivors all free from the Hex except the person who cleansed the totem, giving hex perks some use after its been taken away but still somewhat in play.

Or

Hex totems respawn after a certain amount of time (like how traps and hooks are when sabotage or tool boxes are used).

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Botany Knowledge - Additional function that prevents survivors from bleeding completely.

I really would love to have a counter to sloppy butcher + bloodhoud combo. You don't see it that often but when killer does use this combo, it makes juking them pretty much impossible.

(Btw using no mither isn't a counter to bleeding since if you didn't get hit in the first place without no mither you weren't bleeding anyway)

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Survs have enough brain to take hatchets from the lockers to attack other survs and the killer

• Tarvesh

Survivors In Freddy’s dream state can’t see other survivors it can see scratch marks and hear them.

This is Freddy’s realm after all, and the only people they see in his dreams is him (masquerading as other people) or illusions of people he lets them see.

• Tarvesh

Survivors In Freddy’s dream state can’t see other survivors it can see scratch marks and hear them.

This is Freddy’s realm after all, and the only people they see in his dreams is him or illu

• Tarvesh

This is Freddy’s realm after all, and the only people they see in his dreams is him (masquerading as other people) or illusions of people he lets them see.

• Tarvesh

This is Freddy’s realm after all, and the only people they see in his dreams is him or illu

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134

Trapper would start with all his traps so you don't have to waste time going out of your way to pick them up. You already have to take time to place them. So once you pick them up and place you're gonna give up at least 1 or 2 gens before you start patrolling for survivors.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

The moment the mod pinned this threat, people just start ignoring the OP rules...

• PreGum
    PreGum Member Posts: 64

Totem placents in better spots (I.e. not RIGHT next to a gen or in an obvious spot). For example, like the ones behind barrels that can only be seen from a certain angle.