How can I update the PTB to 2.7.0a ?

xTudor
xTudor Member Posts: 30

How can I update the PTB to 2.7.0a ?

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited April 2019

Just redownload the PTB... switch back to regular then back to PTB.. but i would just guess it should be able to update if you already downloaded the previous version. However maybe not.

• xTudor

I did that 2 times and nothing happend. I guess it is not available in my region or something like that.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I redownloaded it last night and was fine.

Maybe try clearing the download cache in Steam. You'll have to relog into steam but that fixed a EAC issue I kept getting when doing updates.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

It would be available in all regions. The PTB is not region locked.

By the sounds of it, you've already opted into the PTB. But I'll just link this here just in case: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26/

The download should start automatically if you were previously on the 2.7.0 PTB. If it doesn't, restarting Steam should force it to search for updates. You could also try switching to the live build and back.

• xTudor

I switched to the live build and back and cleared the download cache and restarted steam. The game is up to date, or at least it says that. This is the version of the PTB now, is it the dedicated servers one? Because I can't see any changes.