A Nurse's Calling

"Killer came straight to me while healing, must have Nurse's."

Barbecue & Chili

"Killer heading straight for the furthest gen where you're at."

"Getting hooked, hide behind the gens."

Beast of Prey

"Killer is still chasing you."

Dark Devotion

"Careful, terror radius is on me at the moment so they probably don't have one."

Hex: Any

"Found the totem, it's by the killer shack. Getting chased away from it right now."

Insidious

"Killer is hiding/camping near my hook with no terror radius."

Knock Out

"I've managed to crawl away and currently by the exit gate."

Make Your Choice

"Just got MYC, careful when unhooking the rest of the game."

Monitor & Abuse

"Heartbeat just suddenly got louder, careful trying to juke since they have M&A."

Play With Your Food

"Killer is hitting me (the obsession) and leaving. Watch for PWYF speed buff."

Rancor

"I'm the obsession with no obsession perks, and I seem low priority on chases. Killer may have Rancor."

Territorial Imperative

"Went to basement for the chest, killer came straight downstairs and started searching lockers. Probably Territorial."

Tinkerer's

"Killer suddenly has no terror radius.", "My gen is almost done.", "Then they must have Tinkerer's."

Whispers

"Killer keeps patrolling the area I'm in, pretty sure they're using Whispers."

@Peanits @not_Queen I'm sure the balancing team takes this into account, correct?

Comments

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Wow. Just wow.

• CallMeSpidey
  • CallMeSpidey
  • MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289
    edited May 2019

@Peanits Just be honest and say

"We know 4man SWF is a massive problem, we aren't stupid. But we can't do anything about it. We can't prevent them from using voice communications, and if we got rid of 4man SWF, tons of people would complain and maybe stop playing".

The least you could do is require 1 extra generator to be done for 4man SWFs.

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158

It's been mentioned before that we would like to close the gap between SWF groups and solo players. 

Why do you devs buff solo players not nerf SWF? Do you think it is really right way?

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

*loses to a 4 man SWF group that probably wasn't using like half of these*

and that's how this thread was born.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Just give up man. You aren't wrong at all but no one from BHVR is going to basically bad mouth their product and make them seem like they have no way of fixing things. They know its all bs but they will never admit it to the public, thats too much of a sign of weakness that a company will not put on display.

• MystiKasT

@twistedmonkey I've only been playing about 45, maybe 60 days. I don't know what was said on these forums months ago.

For my first two weeks, I legit thought they (4mans) were maphacking or something. than I did a 4man SWF with my friends and realized it. 4man SWF is essentially hacking -- it provides the same information.

I don't like playing games against hackers; it is stressful. This situation pisses me off and ruins my gameplay experience. I have to check profiles now before everygame to make sure I'm not playing with maphackers.

• MystiKasT
    edited May 2019

People go on and on about how different this game is because its 'asymmetrical'

Except when it comes to comms. Then its fine, because all games use comms.

4man SWF have a massive knowledge advantage they should not have. The game was NOT designed around knowing the killers location, perks, where is safe, when its safe to unhook, what gens are done, where the gens are, chests are.

These are all things SWFs know that the game was NOT designed for them to know. They were not INTENDED to know that information. This is NOT acceptable.

What about that don't you understand? @twistedmonkey

And what tone? Are mods gods now? Am I not allowed to say they are not being honest? What tone works for you? Let me know. I will be assure to adjust my tone to meet your delicacies.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Reason they don't "nerf" SWF is that theres no right way for doing that without hindering solo as well and solo doesn't need any nerfs... it would also effect inexperienced/newer survivors that already have a difficult time grasping how to play the game as is.... so the better way to do this is to bring solo up to SWF or at least close the gap

• Waiting
    Waiting Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2019

Daily reminder of how much those "additional perks" matter:

Hint: 10% better chance of survival... for less than 5% of all players.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

So what? As seen in the data sheets this doesnt has much effect on their survival rate. You dont have any arguments to complain about swf.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited May 2019

@Waiting Doesn't separate them across ranks. You might as well say that the average income of an Amazon employee is 100k because Jeff Bezos earns millions. It might technically be true, but it's also completely irrelevant if you want to determine if Amazon's employees are paid enough.

• Shaderz
    Shaderz Member Posts: 42

All you need is a Claudette P3 who's also a wannabe ochido running after the killer like a chicken while holding a purple flashlight, waiting for her mate to get downed so she can flashlight save her. Just imagine them being like "DUUUUUUUUD THIS KILLER'S A BABY" and suddenly "OOOOH HIS RED STAIN DISAPPEARED HAHAHA HE HAS THAT PERK NOBODY USES, WHAT IS IT CALLED AGAIN? BEAST OF PREY YEAH THAT'S THE ONE, HE'S STILL AFTER YOU. DON'T STOP!".

I could bet you 10 bucks that this has already happened. The OP makes an excellent point in an unusual way. Sadly, it's the truth.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Take a break and play sumthing else

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

the simpler thing would be to accept that voice coms are here to stay and that you will never be satisfied by them having a advantage no matter how small it gets with patches or fixes.

so accept it for how it is but the balnce you want will not make the game easier bc the kill/survivoe rate has to be in this range so if anything they will make it easier for solo survivors. you complain now for swf? you will complain about solo too if they "fix" the swf prob.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

They actually hid the killer perks until the game end to avoid people telling other the killer perks after they died

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

SWF with comms is not equivalent to hacking, there have been real hackers in this game that can do things far more powerful than a SWF squad. You must be joking, or trolling. Do they have an advantage yes? Do they escape every game? No. Are you more likely to be outplayed by a decent four man SWF sqaud? Yes. Either dodge or improve your skill.

Also way to be rude to Peanits when they basically stated that they're doing everything to can to lessen the gap between Solos and SWF, just because they're not doing exactly what you want doesn't mean they're doing nothing.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited May 2019

Why are you posting something that everyone already knew?

How is it that killers (good ones) are still able to get 4k in a fair SWF match? Ask yourself those questions before you start pointing out the advantages of one side.

• CallMeSpidey

Keep in mind, you have 2 consoles VS a PC platform.

Most SWF on consoles separate because of the absurd queue times.