Axiant
Axiant Member Posts: 36
edited June 2021 in Creations

aa

Post edited by Axiant on

Comments

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,711

I like, it. It looks like a fun and easy way to organize your loadouts so you don't forget them.

• Axiant

Thanks. That's what I was going for.

• MistressChara
    MistressChara Member Posts: 112

Very Cool! I've already submitted a build, will return there often.

Would very much like to have a longform explanation of builds, like if you view the build in full that it has a more detailed explanation below so people can better explain how to use it to it's fullest.

Survivor builds should also just be one character. Separating them all out is pointless due to them being all similar. What I'd recommend instead is having a generic "survivor" tab that has all the survivor builds, but each build has a "recommended survivor" part to it so that builds that rely on certain aspects or outfits of a character remain intact.

I'd also think it'd be nice if there was a "comment" or "rate" system for each build, so people could see what others think of the build.

Otherwise it's very cool and I hope to see it widespread eventually = )

• BloodyTapp
    BloodyTapp Member Posts: 108
    edited May 2019

I really like the concept! But i don't know why Survivors are separated. Maybe an idea like mentioned above could be implemented, so only choose "recommended survivor". Although, having all build inspirations in one place will be very easy to search for builds

Good luck with the website, I hope it'll be more popular

• Axiant

Survivors, yeah, that's a good idea. I will try and work on that.

Comment system and rating system are on my list.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

• Axiant

For @MistressChara and @BloodyTapp ,

The front page of my site is pretty bare. Do you have any ideas on what you'd expect to see when you load up the site for the first time?

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

I love this site, and I only now discovered it.

But I want to suggest 2 things please.

1. Can you add blood point offerings
    2. Can you allow people to comment on builds

If you do none of those, I'm ok with that, I still love this site you made.

• Axiant

Ha, I never noticed I didn't have BP offerings. I will add them ASAP. Yes, comments are on my list to create too. I'm glad you like the site. Hope you will spread the word.

• TheGameZpro3

Thank.

• BloodyTapp

@Axiant maybe something like "Recently added", "Most viewed" and "Most liked" (if you make the build rating system)? It'd add something fresh to the front page every time someone publishes a build, and slightly help in choosing builds maybe

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I've signed up and I plan to stay.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

I am so signing in, it looks so good! Wonderful job! Amazing! Outstanding!!!

• MistressChara
    MistressChara Member Posts: 112

@Axiant I actually like the simplistic design for it. The only thing I could think of that would improve it is making a KILLER / SURVIVOR in the same style as the DBD website for the main screen alongside any news or shrine stuff. After clicking on Killer / Survivor it would take you to the list of killers or the survivor builder.

But I say keep it simple, tools are at their best when anyone can use them to accomplish a lot.

• Axiant

Thanks for the comments! I have added the missing bloodpoint offerings. I am working on getting comments and voting included soon.

• BloodyTapp

@Axiant I got one more idea recently (hope you don't object me pinging): tags for builds! Here are some suggestions for tags:

• For Survivor builds: Repairs, Altruism, Bullying, Teamwork, Solo survivor, SWF, Exhaustion
    • For Killer builds: Gen protection, Punishing, Anti-SWF, Hex, Map control
    • For all builds: Meta, Gimmick, Meme, Situational, Universal

The idea is that people could search builds that'd been marked with a certain tag(s). For example, if you want a universal altruistic build, you can just search by "Universal" and "Altruism" tags. I think there should also be a limited amount of tags to be able to use. Tell what you think about it and if it'd be easy to make or not

• Axiant

@BloodyTapp Yes! I've had that idea for a long time, but wasn't sure of all the possible tags to use. This helps a lot! I will see if I can get it added.

• TheGameZpro3
    edited May 2019

Hey @Axiant I want to add a tag.

For all builds: Toxic

Post edited by TheGameZpro3 on
  • Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

Noice

• tafner
    tafner Member Posts: 52

The design is very pleasant to look at. Good work.

• Axiant

Thanks @tafner! I'm actually working on a redesign to roll out soon. It's very similar, just a lot more mobile friendly.

• Axiant

Got some more builds rolling in on the site.

Curious as to what you guys think about when perks get reworked and they are part of a build on the site.

Should the build be removed or just add an alert that a perk/addon has been changed and may not be ideal any longer? Maybe add a suggestion to "remake" the build?

Thanks for any input.

• BloodyTapp

@Axiant I think an alert would be enough. Also, have you considered the possibility (for author) to edit already published builds?

• Axiant

@BloodyTapp I have. It's on my list.

Thanks for the input

• Axiant

@not_Queen @Peanits do you guys feature these kinds of things on dev streams?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531
    edited May 2019

Not on the dev streams, no. We typically don't feature community content on the dev streams too often these days aside from the odd video here and there. Instead, we put them in Mash It Ups. Though it's a little tricky to show a website in a Mash It Up.

This is awesome though and I'll see if we can feature that somehow.

In terms of feedback, it would be great if people with a smol brains like me could see pictures of all the different add-ons when makinga build. I can't even remember what they're all called on my favourite killers, let alone all the rest. It works great even now, though.

• Axiant

@Peanits Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I've spent a really long time making it and I've tried really hard to make it as close to the "in-game experience" as possible in terms of how everything looks.

I agree with you on the perks being shown, it was pretty messy on mobile so I took it out, but I just did a redesign of it for mobile so I might be able to make it look nice.

I'm currently working on voting and comments so hopefully after that's done I can look into that again.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

• Axiant

@Peanits I noticed there are a few new forums for cosplay and artwork. Unfortunately websites about the game fall by the wayside and nobody knows they exist.

How can something like my website (salty-tears.com) get featured?

• Axiant

@Peanits can my website be a community resource in the Welcome Newcomers post?

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Awesome website! My only real complaint is that it's a bit laggy, but I'm sure that'll be fixed in time.

I may have gotten carried away and filled the entire front page :P

• Axiant

Thanks! Can you tell me what's laggy? There's contact info on the website under About & Updates.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I can’t check it out right now, but it should Have a description, choose what killer, perk loadout (Obviously) and other stuff. If you want to get creative, you can make a perk builder where you can create perks and even make the icon for it (You don’t have to do it, but it would Ben neat) also post this on general discussions, but make it sound like it belongs on general discussion since it’s the notable popular sub forum on DBD forums.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

You need to add a profile page to change all sorts of stuff from your profile