PTB BUG: "SIDNEY'S HOUSE WOODSBORO" IN HADDONFIELD - LEAK?

Niitosky
Niitosky Member Posts: 329
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

what do you think guys? in the comments on that post you can find a imgur gallery

Comments

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

I think that is probably a simply bug, or maybe the map of the new chapter is based on the handdonfile map.

Who knows.🤔

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I'm expecting the map to exist but the leaked ones just look identical to Haddonfield and frankly I can't imagine them using two specific Realms that look identical

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Looks fake to me honestly

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Remember that cote made a tweet some time ago relating about haddonfield

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

That's Haddonfield, also I just realized that there is no way Behavior can get Sydney or Woodsboro because they only got the license for the mask from Funworld and not the character of Ghostface meaning Scream and any of it's characters. Ghostface has two owners, the mask from Funworld and the character from whoever the ######### owns him.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Fake

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Devs confirmed it's a chapter which means map + Killer + Survivor. Keep your hopes up.

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

I think the bug is the name of the map, not the actual map

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

Its fake boys calm down

• Sole_Survivor
    Sole_Survivor Member Posts: 30

Seems fake to me

• SlickSal
    SlickSal Member Posts: 112

@T0xicTyler the devs also referred to the Evil Dead dlc as a “chapter” before it’s release

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
  • Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261

It's hilarious how everyone assumes the leak is of the map. Trust me if it was a full map, Ghostface's chapter would have been leaked ages ago. According to the story behind this image, someone got this text instead of the Haddonfield text. Doesn't mean it's true tho.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

What do you mean? They've literally done exactly that multiple times

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

So they just basically confirmed we’re just getting ghost face lol

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
  • CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

It's fake AF, there would be a video.

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

The fact that they had to mention a chapter can also just be a killer kinda confirms we’re just getting ghost

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    edited May 2019

That isn't true though. Link

It's been long-established what a chapter versus a paragraph is. I'm going with what BHVR said themselves and holding out for a full chapter release.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I'm pretty sure up until now the chapter vs paragraph thing has been clear. Chapter = killer, survivor, 6 perks, map. Paragraph = killer or survivor, 3 perks and in one instance (LF) a map.

Maybe we'll just get the killer and a map, like with LF.

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Keep in mind though, if it really is just a "paragraph" so only a killer, those don't count as the scheduled "Chapter" (killer, survivor, map) that comes every 3 months. So if it is JUST a killer then that would technically mean we ALSO would have an actual "Chapter" still coming around the same time.

This leads me to believe The Ghost will indeed be a full "Chapter" (killer, survivor, map) because we know how limited their resources are and I couldn't see them in the next month and a half pumping out 2 killers, a map and a survivor. That would seem like a lot more content than they usually pump out. Especially since they literally just got done releasing Ash.

"Sidney's House Woodsboro" would also make the most sense for a map as it fits the theme of Haddonfield and Haddonfield is one of the few maps remaining to get a second version. It coincidentally would make a lot of sense.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited May 2019

@T0xicTyler Ash was marketed as a chapter as well. You can't use what they've said as an option anymore. Peanits even said a standalone can be called a chapter.

• Blueberry

Bump

• Niitosky

this is the definitive confirmation that ghostface will be a chapter like Ash and Leatherface.. 😥

• Blueberry

Idk. That would imply we have ANOTHER killer,survivor and map still coming at the same time then.

• Niitosky

no because ghostface would be added to ash, then ash + ghostface = complete chapter, the map would be missing, however, perhaps with ghostface they release a variant of some map, as they did with leatherface

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

At least we know we are 100% getting The Ghost, I can't wait till I can get my hands on him.

• Blueberry

That would be a completely different scenario than they have ever done before. Basing off their past actions this would make your scenario highly unlikely.

With releases like Leatherface they were not counted as a killer for the roadmap and when they release new chapters. He was a surprise exception and the same could be said for Bill.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Blueberry I wouldn't be so sure about that though.

Their official roadmap has ended with the plague. They can do whatever they want right now.

My guess is that they still want to create new survivors, and killers to keep the money flow in but instead of creating full chapters, they come up with these little paragraphs.

Besides, DbD community itself wanted BHVR to slow down the chapters and focus on the game's health and that's what they are trying to do right now with dedicated servers, hitboxes etc.

It will be a good surprise if we get another survivor and a new map but imo it is highly unlikely.

• Niitosky

Exactly, they haven't published a roadmap probably for this reason

• Blueberry

"Their official roadmap has ended with the plague. They can do whatever they want right now."

That's true, they can. However that said, what's more likely, they end up continuing the same routine they have for 3 years or a completely brand new scenario that has never happened before? So yes I could be wrong, but logically based off their history my reasoning is the most likely.

"My guess is that they still want to create new survivors, and killers to keep the money flow in but instead of creating full chapters, they come up with these little paragraphs."

They could do this, but they have never "replaced" Chapters for single survivors or killers. They have always been "extra" if you will, on top of the normal release schedule. It would be an entirely new action for them.

"Besides, DbD community itself wanted BHVR to slow down the chapters and focus on the game's health and that's what they are trying to do right now with dedicated servers, hitboxes etc."

Which is reasonable. However I still think they'd value more immediate money flow as the most important factor which would be more Chapter releases. You could be quite right, just saying it isn't the most likely scenario.

"It will be a good surprise if we get another survivor and a new map but imo it is highly unlikely."

I'd say based on all the evidence and history we have the most likely scenario is that we will be getting a new map and survivor. There literally isn't a single bit of evidence to point otherwise aside from we havn't seen any leaks yet. Seeing as we weren't even supposed to get the leaks we have got so far and given how far away the Chapter still is it's still extremely normal that we wouldn't have map or survivor leaks yet.

• Niitosky

I think you should start looking in face at reality and understand that ghostface will be a dlc with only the killer, or you start to understand it or when it comes out you will be disappointed

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

The pic is obviously fake and edited.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Also, as I watched Scream last night, why would it be Sidney's house? Most of the carnage and final act took place at Stu Macher's house.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

We haven't had the "every three months" thing until Clown's release. In fact, we waited 6 months after Pig to get Clown, so the roadmap is irrelevant.

• Niitosky
    edited May 2019
    • they don't have the rights to scream but only the mask, therefore, if it were a chapter, map and survivor would be original, has a half license ever been released? no, leatherface for example was released on its own even though they could have made an original map and survivor
    • who will buy the dlc from the store of steam will get an exclusive dress for ghostface, remember chapters in which the exclusive dress was given to the killer? no, in the complete chapters the bonus suit has always been given to the survivor
    • there are no leaks referring to a map or to a survivor in the dev build, even if it was an old build, at least the survivor model, or its perks, or the offer of the map, or even the name of the survivor, would be due to it to be, but no
    • in game files there are no folders referring to a new survivor, not even audio, nothing
    • and then there is "peanits" that denies that they said that chapter means "map, survivor and killer" remembering also that "chapter" also means a chapter with only one character
    • ash's achievements are called "surv_chapter_12" and until now, in all released chapters, achievements called "killer_chapter" also correspond to achievements called "surv_chapter", so if ash is the survivor of chapter 12, the missing achievements will be those of ghostface that is: "killer_chapter_12"

the evidence that it is a chapter with only the killer there are, it depends how much you are informed about the matter, and how much you know how character licenses work

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150

so @Peanits so the post in the forums and twitter where you admitted you released wrong build to us, isn't from bhvr? :D i'm expecting to be a single character chapter tho :)) idk why, but if there is a survivor too i want another woman :D

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

"they don't have the rights to scream but only the mask, therefore, if it were a chapter, map and survivor would be original, has a half license ever been released? no, leatherface for example was released on its own even though they could have made an original map and survivor"

There is zero evidence that they don't have the rights to Scream. This is purely your speculation.

"who will buy the dlc from the store of steam will get an exclusive dress for ghostface, remember chapters in which the exclusive dress was given to the killer? no, in the complete chapters the bonus suit has always been given to the survivor"

We have no confirmed exclusive dress for Ghostface. These are leaks and speculation. Those outfits could very well just be purchasable.

"there are no leaks referring to a map or to a survivor in the dev build, even if it was an old build, at least the survivor model, or its perks, or the offer of the map, or even the name of the survivor, would be due to it to be, but no"

We normally wouldn't have any leaks at all yet. The only reason we even got the killer leak is because they messed up. The "normal" time we would get map or survivor leaks hasn't even arrived yet because it's too far out. The leak only showed 1 perk for Ghostface so are we going to say he only comes with 1 perk? No, that would be stupid.

"in game files there are no folders referring to a new survivor, not even audio, nothing"

This is because we are still way too far out from its release for anything to be there yet.

"and then there is "peanits" that denies that they said that chapter means "map, survivor and killer" remembering also that "chapter" also means a chapter with only one character"

He said that "Chapter" could mean either one, which is NOT a confirmation that it will indeed be only one character. It is simply rectifying an incorrect interpretation that was being used for the word "Chapter".

"ash's achievements are called "surv_chapter_12" and until now, in all released chapters, achievements called "killer_chapter" also correspond to achievements called "surv_chapter", so if ash is the survivor of chapter 12, the missing achievements will be those of ghostface that is: "killer_chapter_12""

This is because of a change in terminology in reference to what Peanits corrected. The terminology used to be different. This is also your speculation, not evidence.

"the evidence that it is a chapter with only the killer there are, it depends how much you are informed about the matter, and how much you know how character licenses work"

The most evidence is that it is a full chapter with killer, survivor and map. If you are informed about the matter and understand how character licenses work this is clear.

Post edited by Blueberry on
  • Niitosky
    edited May 2019

"There is zero evidence that they don't have the rights to Scream. This is purely your speculation."

According to you why is there only the original mask and not even the dress?

this is enough for me to understand that you are a troll who doesn't know at all what he is talking about, he continues to live in your world, see you when the chapter of ghostface will be published with only the killer x)

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    edited May 2019

So nothing was found in the ptb files for a new survivor or map. If the Ghostface leak was intended cause maybe they saw their player base going down after plauges release and wanted to build hype. If not and still is just a paragraph. I'd still be just as excited, we will all know soon. Basically if it was intentional maybe The Ghost and 1 perk and a brief explanation of the power is all they wanted us to see.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Ghostface has a Chapter code name (Oman). Ash does not, they do not belong together.

Actually, Ash, if anything, would belong somewhat to Chapter XI, as his file is prefixed as MS2 (Mali Survivor 2). Jane is MS (Mali Survivor) and Plague is MK (Mali Killer).