Vintage Freddy/Freddy Rework

AntiJelly
AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Way way WAY back in September-ish of last year when Freddy was announced to be the next killer that was getting reworked/add-on passed, I spent two weeks getting him to P3 lvl50, and then getting every single perk on him.

Ever since, I've played a lot of Freddy and gotten used to his playstyle, which is actually very good when executed correctly. I feel as if he got a ton of slack when he came out due to him having to wait to hit survivors. That was it. Only because his power made him wait a minimum of 7 seconds to hit the survivor, he was immediately proclaimed the worst Killer.

I genuinely enjoy playing Freddy as he is now, even though his power has a few kinks, and no matter what the rework is I'd probably enjoy still playing Freddy just because how iconic he is.

My main point here is that if Freddy's power is going to be reworked from the ground up, I'd really appreciate it if I could have some sort of thing as recognition for playing the old Freddy.

A legacy-esque Freddy cosmetic? Perhaps not specifically Legacy Freddy, but something similar. I understand this would require permission from Planitum Dunes and Michael Bay, but it'd be worth it IMO. I want them old Freddy bragging rights. I was there! Remember the Old Freddy!

TL;DR, people who played old Freddy should get cosmetic rewards or something similar.

Post edited by AntiJelly on

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited May 2019

Look, I get it, playing Freddy is a chore, he's arguably the worst killer in the game, but... I don't think the devs would be willing to make free cosmetics for a licensed character just because you asked for it.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

well...if they're also visually upgrading him (which they should), then you could technically see the old version of Freddy as a skin perhaps.

• AntiJelly

@Acromio That's not the point, and that's pretty minimalist. I'm not asking for free cosmetics. I'm asking for something to show that I played the Old Freddy™.

From what I understand, he's being completely reworked, and I put in bloodpoints, sweat, and many hours into current Freddy.

Whether it be cosmetic or not, I just want to show that I played Freddy before the rework.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Agreed. I know they're not bringing BACK Legacy but they could ADD a Legacy skin for Freddy. Especially since he's being redone from the ground up, so it seems.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Honestly, Legacy Freddy would look neat

• AntiJelly

@Hoodedfengm1n yeah, imagine a glowing Freddy chasing after you.

Or, better yet, flaming Freddy.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

I like the idea of something for the P3 L170+ Freddy! Although I will be sad to see him go... I've really enjoyed him as he is...

Farewell Fredward!!!!

• AntiJelly

@Supernaut Shard Hand Joe will be forever changed...

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Well they are bringing in a charm thingie... so they could add in some special charm which probably wouldn't effect any sort of license.

• bkillerc
    bkillerc Member Posts: 142

Should buff QOL current Freddy and release another version

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@Peanits But we want other people to know that we were around during the sad boi hour

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Peanits If you're on the stream you need to publicly apologize for that cringe comment.

🤣

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2019

This just feels like such heavy entitlement, and this comes from someone else who also has P3 50 Freddy with every single perk unlocked. A legacy time reward because you chose to play the previous version of Freddy? It seriously sounds like a joke. You didn't do anything to deserve a reward.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Just let them know before the game starts and send them a friendly message. “ I was around before Freddy rework”

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

@Peanits, Freddy may not belong to you, but a whole bunch of sweet blood points do! Memories fade, blood points are forever!

• AntiJelly

@Peanits If not cosmetics, could there be something else?

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I play Freddy regularly as my main, got a lot of perks and add ons for him but I haven’t prestiged him. Does that rescind my Sharp Hand Joe membership card?

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

What if we don't want a rework? How could we keep the good old we learned to love?

• AntiJelly

@pemberley all Fredward Scissorhand mains are recognized as such! We must stick together!

• AntiJelly

@Blueberry really? Putting millions of bloodpoints into Freddy, playing him for hundreds of hours, and learning him so well that I can 4k more reliably with him than with most other killers?

I think that's deserving of something. I'm only using legacy as an example.

• Blueberry

So should we give out rewards every single time there's a killer rework to every single player that got that killer P3 50? No, that would be ridiculous. Your reward was the bloody clothes and having all the perks unlocked. Should we be giving the rewards based on "learning him so well that I can 4k more reliably with him than with most other killers"? How are we going to measure that? Are you wanting them to go into there system to collect data to know which players play him well enough to deserve and which don't? You must realize how absurd this whole idea sounds.

I've put hundreds of hours at rank 1 on Freddy as well and that doesn't entitle me to any "reward" just because they're reworking him.

• AntiJelly

@Blueberry Okay, given your same logic, why did players deserve legacy after they reworked the bloodweb? They were just "playing the game".

This is just like legacy. They are completely reworking Freddy. He is going to be completely different.

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Legacy was a completely different scenario. That was when the bloodweb was built to take way, way longer to traverse through and it was so that all those bloodpoints they put into it before the easier to level version came out weren't wasted.

None of the bloodpoints you have put into Freddy are being wasted. You are keeping all of your perks, bloody clothes and offerings. That's the difference.

Also, after this update it's only changing how Freddy plays, it's not making his leveling up process any longer or shorter than it is now.

• AntiJelly

Just had the best idea: If we did get a vintage Freddy player cosmetic, It should be a Freddy who's on fire, as it fits with the end of the 2010 remake. He's lit on fire and we don't see him again.

• Birthday_Boy
    Birthday_Boy Member Posts: 15

Just put on your steam profile "I was a Freddy main before it was cool to be a Freddy main" so all the survivors who come to leave a -rep know you are the OG real deal.

• AntiJelly
    edited July 2019

@Birthday_Boy

Sorry, Xbox player here. No can do.

And also, why would anyone do that? That makes you sound pretentious.

EDIT: typo.

• Birthday_Boy
    edited July 2019

You're here asking for cosmetics that shows you played a lot of pre rework Freddy so you can get recognition and to get "them old Freddy bragging right" and youre calling other stuff pretentious. 200 IQ dude.

• AntiJelly

@Birthday_Boy

And you're a clown main. I rest my case.

• Birthday_Boy
    edited July 2019

@AntiJelly "And you're a clown main. I rest my case."

LOL

• AntiJelly

@Birthday_Boy

So you're telling me

As a Freddy main

You don't want anything after he gets turned into a completely different killer. You're complacent. You're against the cause.

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261

I've never played Freddy yet I have him P3. Honestly you don't deserve anything.

• AntiJelly

So I assume you're someone who's played enough to get every character p3 lvl50? If so, I'd go into great detail on how irrelevant your point is then, but to keep it simple, you have time that other people don't. You're making an argument for why you don't deserve it, not me.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

The problem you have is a reward such as this was generally advised before hand giving people a chance to earn it like legacy for example.

Giving an exclusive reward using prestige isn't going to happen as its very easy to do nowadays. It also kicks the ones who enjoyed playing him and have all the perks unlocked who deemed it not worth it. They could have put in just as much time afterall.

Then there are those that hardly played him and have him P3 with all perks unlocked just because they could.

It's not as easy to differentiate between who did what and why they gave a heads up for the likes of legacy.

Just remember when legacy came about the was no entity eater, the bloodwebs were double the size if not more. The perks and items cost more and they had no offering for 100% bloodpoints or perks it was the true grind and they would have spent more getting one character to P3 than someone now on multiple ones.

The devs have also stated there will be no more exclusive skins.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Wait, so you heard he was getting reworked so from then decided you'd pump points into him, get used to him in a state you knew was temporary, and now you want a reward because you're losing the things you only worked on because you were losing them?

Ok.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

No more exclusives (EXCEPT THE PAID BATTLE PASS, BETTER FORK OVER THAT CASH)

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

You do know if anyone can get it then it's not exclusive. I guess you just wanted to vent about the battle pass.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

gonna miss OG Freddy.

Put 100s of hours into roleplaying him, lots of memories and fun battling through the red ranks to reach rank 1 with him.

Gonna miss you man.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Then I want my pre re work Legion cosmetics.

JS.

ToS says things will change. Nobody is entitled to anything. The fact that they even did legacy for old bloodwevs was GRACIOUS. They could have changed it and said tough ######### to those who already leveled.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Personally, I would like if we could still play Legacy Freddy in KYF. Just for memories.

I agree old Freddy is very good if you play him right, but I disagree that he's NOT the weakest killer in the game. Indeed he is, it's just you can overcome this problem with skill and a proper build. And being the weakest doesn't mean he is weak, it just means in comparison to everyone else he has to work the hardest to get the same result.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

@Peanits A power switch between the old and the new Freddy would be great! Even better than any cosmetic! **

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871