I guess creating a lobby as a killer take 5mins now?

Before hand it use to take less then 10 seconds, now it takes 5mins? (Both for me on ps4 and pc)

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited June 2019

Sounds about right. Those that got fast lobbies get punished for those who are in other countries where they don't have allot of people playing.

In the efforts to remove "edge" cases where they could spend a long time getting a lobby they spread out the effect over everyone.

Once dedicated servers come in, at least those cloud systems will do part of the filtering on region, which could help in lowering the times. However right now, I believe everyone is piled into the same system when match making is done.

Post edited by TheBean on
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Yep it’s idk why I’ll be waiting long enough to go make a snack and I’ll still be waiting for it to make a lobby.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

it's like the algorithm you were using for dedicated servers except you find a lobby. you are the host and the lobby is empty when joining.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

@Peanits what system do you play dbd on? If it's steam, would you like to add me?

• AIG1992
    AIG1992 Member Posts: 98

Noticed this too on ps4. Played a couple games earlier n it too a 2-4 mins just to make a lobby. I was getting games way faster before this change.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Personally I can't play killer because it takes forever to find a lobby and then it's made of 1-2 survivors and I have to wait even more that the lobby gets filled (which often doesn't).

• Spaceman94
    Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164

@Peanits It does seem much longer to find a game when hosting as a killer now. I play on PS4 and it used to take less than a minute. Now it takes anywhere for 3 - 5. I noticed it maybe 5 days ago?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

The game is almost unplayable for me now it takes so long. I used to create a lobby almost instantly and usually have it full within a minute or two. Now it takes upwards of 8 minutes just to create the lobby and it's a crapshoot how long it will take to fill the lobby. But I'm not going to play a game that takes 15 god damn minutes just to get into a match! It seems like every time they try to "fix" something in this game, they make it twice as bad.

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121

Since I don't see any mention of this within any other reply... The fact that Bloodhunt is happening + killers get more BPs = more killers, which will lead to longer queues.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Idk the cause, but it's taking way longer for me to go from "Start Lobby" to "5 seconds left".

• MixeraBG
    MixeraBG Member Posts: 1

i wait like 10 min for Lobby and after that 1 hour to fill the last survivor!?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited June 2019

I am getting significantly longer queue times. I'd be waiting for minutes as a Killer, only to be thrown into either an an empty lobby or a not fully filled lobby anyways, which makes me wait longer. On Friday, I ended up waiting half an hour without getting a game started at one point.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Though the intention is for it to wait till a group is found before making a lobby, it doesn't do that at the current point. It makes you wait minutes for a lobby. And then when it finally makes one, there's usually only one person in it and it makes you wait even more minutes for the lobby to fill. There's been a number of posts about this already.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

I can confirm this. The new system sucks and wastes a ton of time. I know the devs want to make things smoother, but this isn't working. evert it back to the old system. It's very annoying currently to sit and wait, while a BP event is active. Okay it will be annoying after the BP too ;)

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Surprise, implementation three or four of this doodoo matchmaking sucks, just like the previous times it was thrown out

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Queues are definately longer. Before it'd take like 3 mins from pressing look for game, now it can tak up to 5 minutes, and in the off case I can never find a 4th survivor, ending up with a bugged lobby.

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199

"The overall queue time should not have changed"

Nice one. It is not the same.

Before when i was playing in low online hours it would take MAX. 10 min. Now it takes at least 20 min.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

How come the lobby times constantly fluctuate with every update? it goes from 30 seconds too 30 minutes with every "fix" never working in the end. When are we going too get consistency that is beyond the dedicated servers, since the last time dedicated servers were tested que times were still long, and then you would get lag smacked across pallets and vaults even worse then it was before the hitbox update in 3.0.0

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Just here to let you know that your current matchmaking significantly increases lobby times.

• rubyleigh
    rubyleigh Member Posts: 2

More like 25minutes for me, ive been sitting on 3 survivors and i only get a new survivor when 1 leaves the lobby. Like ######### this is bullshit. It should not take 25minutes for a lobby, as well only getting a new survivor when 1 of mine leave :( very frustrating

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

@Peanits let me inform you and the team that it doesn't work. Once the lobby opens, it happens often that only 1-2 survivors join and I have to wait very long till other joins. In the meantime it happens often that those 2 first joined leave, cuz well it takes to long.

I'm living in EU tho, should be enough players.

Any time tested btw, morning time, midday time, evening time and night time. All same results, 10+ minutes lobby Qs. Not really fun to wait longer than actually playing.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

@Peanits ever since ghost face came out, i have to wait longest 10-15 minutes for a killer lobby. Now i'd say yes it's about 5 minutes or more each time

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

But why is this happening though when I first played this game years ago everything was so much faster. What did they change that makes it to where your waiting 5 to 10 to 30 ? Or is it because the game is peer to peer and not dedicated servers ?

• ditekti
    ditekti Member Posts: 1

Fix it.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

5 mins? LOL you are lucky . It takes 15 minutes for me to find a lobby. And I'm from EUW.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Your situations sounds exactly like mine.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I've been having 20 minute lobby searches and then sitting in said empty lobby for another 10+ minutes to find a game. I use this term sparingly but the game really is becoming unplayable for me because of these awful queues.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

There aren't as many survivors playing that's the problem

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

Yep. My killer games usually invovle waiting 8-10 minutes to search for a match, only to get into a lobby with less than four people and have to wait some more. When you add in the fact that some people just refuse to ready up, it makes for a long wait to play one match as killer. Its amazing how many survivor matches i can find in the same time frame. The matchmaking is definitely worse now than it was.

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

As i get, and what peanits said, instead of getting flow of survivors, you get some assigned people.

In my case, its only make things better, cause instead of waiting 30+ mins for full lobby, Atm, i wait only about 7 mins to get normall lobby. As for me, ill repeat

• OrionsFury4789

@Peanits also mentioned in another thread that not as many survivors are playing and there are alot trying to play killer right now , they need to just go ahead and make the game free to play and then have people buy the chapters, it's about to be free on mobile anyway so now would be the perfect time to do it

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited June 2019

@Peanits I have a significantly larger Killer que time. Significantly longer then I have gotten with any other matchmaking test you have done since I started playing. Sometimes waiting longer then 5 minutes before I'm put into a lobby. I used to feel alright with dodging bad ping games, which helped keep games fun. but I findmyself being forced to play with people I normally wouldn't because I don't want to wait another 5 mins to start a lobby again.

Thank you for paying attention

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

For me it usually was like this: lobby created - 0,5-3 minutes to fill

Now it usually is like this: 4-5 minutes to create a lobby and 0,5-2 minutes to fill

It's not unplayable but it does take longer

One thing though is that there was a bug before that there were 3 people in a lobby and it took a lot of time to get a fourth one. At least that seems to be gone.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

Just waited 11 minutes from search till the match started 😫😩

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

necessarily, SWF does not need to be removed, it just needs a huge change to it, and to my understanding, getting rid of SWF would not affect cue times at all as you would still have the same amount of people playing as survivor, but just as solo now, of course if people quit cause of that, then that's on them. If anything, having everyone play solo would loosen up the clutter of matchmaking because of the mess that SWF can do (ranks and all that)

• OrionsFury4789

If you think people would continue to play this game after the removal of swf you're very wrong and the lobby times would turn into hours not minutes because it would be just like before and whoever was still left playing the game would just dodge until they were matched with their friends like before swf was introduced, this game grew as much as it did because of swf also, without that option this game wouldn't have made it to consoles and it would've died out on PC eventually

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I think it's great. Killers are less apt to dodge if they can't immediately find a new lobby each time. I still see some dodgers, but not nearly at the same rate.

Also, I play killer as well and though wait times are longer, they're not usually that long. Maybe during the mornings they can be 5 minutes, but during peak dbd time it's not usually that long.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited June 2019

Actually no @Peanits every new game I host, it takes at least 3minutes+ to host it.

And if I'm LUCKY, it will fill the lobby instantly. Instead though... It takes another minute or two, to fill the lobby once it is hosted. This was implemented in the PTB, and it was horrible... At least with the old system it felt shorter if the times are the same...

Edit: For some odd reason, its faster during the AM times EST during the morning, than dies off in the later times until the AM times again.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

My lobbies are instant as killer.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I think you should consider reverting some of your perk changes to survivors to make it more fun for survivors.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241

About 5-7 minutes at rank 4. This is absurd.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

No it's worse because if the match turns toxic instead of a quick lobby dodge you'll get a dc, not good at all

• Nosplash
    Nosplash Member Posts: 77

Sry for replying on an old comment of yours. My queue times are 8-10mins for killer lobbies. Finding survivor lobbies are almost instant

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

@peanits They need to change this back. I would much rather sit in an empty lobby for 5 minutes then sit around 5 minutes just to create a lobby.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited June 2019

@Peanits there is definitely something wrong. I decided to check out different streamers tonight to see how Killer queues were going on PC. It took some searching, but I found Killers at Rank 19, 16, 14, 12, and 7. Know what happened? I didn't get to see a single match, except the one that was in progress when I tuned in, because afterward I got bored watching them sitting in Lobby "Searching for Match." I gave them an average of 5-8 minutes and then moved on.

It's ridiculous. I was thinking of coming back and buying Ghostface, but after seeing enough of the Killer lobby streams tonight, I'm going to have to pass until you guys, maybe and eventually, sort your mess out.