The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Freddy is a garbage

Strancol
Strancol Member Posts: 158

He will be a worse Clown. He is already good if you know how to play him. Do NOT change him

Comments

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

They made him simplier to understand and play, but making something noob friendly doesn't mean it's good, far from it @Penny

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Please change him he needs it

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited July 2019

Clown would be more garbage than him. Because Clown ONLY has the gass.

Clown is in a sad state because of it, the ability is buggy as hell, doesn't last long enough, reload is insane without addons and he has no mobility, slow down or map pressure.

Freddy will have the hindered effect on top of the mobility for pressure and the micro sleeps for stealth.

If anything Freddy is a pseudo-Pig with movement and hinderence.

After Leatherface I hope Clown gets looked at next.

• suffering23
    suffering23 Member Posts: 230

i didnt know about that, it's true it changes a lot, but still looks week

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

You spelled weak wrong:) Also we see if he's good when

He comes out.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I wish he still had some action speed penalty, maybe at 25% while asleep, not addon based... Overall seems pretty decent.

• semaj_leachim
    semaj_leachim Member Posts: 48

I've always enjoyed freddy. Hes decent at mind gaming and with the right add ons hes pretty beast. I'm indifferent about the rework, really.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited July 2019

Current Freddy is fun when A) there's only 2 survivors left or B) you're running an endgame build and the stars align in your favor (huge gamble).

I won't have to watch as a survivor completes an objective / heals / unhooks in my face (boring and frustrating), I won't have to wait 7 seconds to hit a survivor (beyond boring), and I will have a power that can help me in chases beyond a (boring) "free hit".

If the snares/teleporting/pallet addon aren't complete and utter abysmal garbage then the Freddy rework will guaranteed be more interesting than what we have at current.

• TheMilitiaGamer
    TheMilitiaGamer Member Posts: 13

So I'm gonna be honest, I've been maining Freddy since he came out a while ago. I have always been a fan of this killer and through all the buffs and nerfs. The thing with any good killer is knowing the right tools for him to use. I personally feel like with the right amount of time and practice Freddy is 100 percent a top tier killer. Jumping in fresh? No he's a hard killer to learn. Use the right perks and add-on combinations and just how survivors move around maps, freddy is unstoppable, I feel like he's in a good spot honestly and while I'm excited to see the rework I hope this doesn't change Freddy at his core and make him an easier killer to play cause then it won't be as satisfying to get a 4k. I still can pull those off btw with this version of Freddy. I get bullied sometimes but when I learn how they work, I dominate well enough and excel. I support the decision, just please don't hurt my boy too bad.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@DudeDelicious The new freddy will be better than clown in loops against sleeping survivors, he just place snares as he runs around and if the survivor goes for a second lap around the loop, they'll be permanently snared and an easy target. Snares has no cooldown, slow seems to last longer than intoxication, forces medium vaults (something that ain't working with intoxication from my experience as a clown player).

• Ghostxy
    Ghostxy Member Posts: 5

Ok that will make Freddy op but are they gonna change the power than because whats the point of it?

• JarMa13
    JarMa13 Member Posts: 40

The problem with Freddy is that he's so absurdly OP that it's not fair to survivors. He was the first killer i ever played and once i knew how to play the game and i came back to him, i was astonished at how op he is. I felt so bad for the survivors.

But all these changes are STUPID.

All you need to do to fix Freddy is take away the red auras. That way, if he loses you, he loses you. As it is now, when you're asleep you glow white but the second you leave his sight, you become a red aura he can read anywhere.

THAT is the problem

So keep with white glow but ditch the red aura and boom, Freddy is fair.

Also... If u hear the song he's on you... They could expand the radius of the song a bit

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

One thing I hate about new freddy : waking up by failing skillchecks.

What's the point of even being asleep if you can wake up so easily and nullify his power...

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Freddy is OP against low skilled survivors who can't loop. Yes current Freddy can see auras but he's also easily loopable. So if you can loop then you have an advantage because you can bait him into long chases. At least the new freddy will have some anti-looping ability and then add to that his ability to teleport to gens and it sounds pretty OP.