Do you guys camp to just stay at the ranks you want? Or do you just play any killer at any ranks?

snowflake102
snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

I play any killers that I find fun to play as at any rank. I only play for fun:D

but if the games get to hard like facing SWF over and over or just keeps getting hard for a killer that I want to keep playing as:( Then I would just camp the hook to make my self depip so I can get back to the rank that I was at before:)

P.s that's the only time I would camp:)

I also play for fun:)

Post edited by snowflake102 on

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I play Wraith at red ranks and still have fun.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i try to play any killer i want at the rank i am currently on (i dont really care about which rank im on)

sadly, that can be pretty hard.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

Don't really care. I play however I want in that particular match and my rank can go where it wants to go as a result.

Might be my mindset (focusing more on the isolated act of winning chases and outplaying people than the end result/"4k") but I have fun with any killer no matter the rank personally.

• snowflake102

I know I agree with you:)

I mean like for other killers, ghostface being one of em. Like I stay at green ranks I might go to purple ranks. Or even red but if a killer that I main gets harder to play as I would camp at that point just to get back to green or purple ranks:)

• razaluna
    razaluna Member Posts: 52

I get potatoes at rank 8 and elite tryhards at rank 15, and vice versa so it really doesn't matter.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I main spirit, but I also play Pig, GF, Billy, Myers, and sometimes Huntress

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

You can camp and double pip if the survivors are near the hook btw. If you get the others too of course.

I don't care about ranking but I usually reach red ranks if I play a lot. I don't try to stay at certain ranks.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I really good with Spirit and Hag; Im getting better a Plague. However I try to play the other killers from time to time so that when my Dailies come up im not screaming because they are my main 3. I used to avoid and skip nurse dailies (I play console) but now I'm passable. Some days (if i have a day off from work) I just run down the roster of all owned killers, get one match for each of them and then call it a day.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I don't care about rank. I play in whatever way I want. Sometimes that includes camping because the survivors are right there signaling me to go away, because they come all at the same time for a save or because I just feel like camping ;-)

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Only play for fun but never camp.

Camping is for cowards

• jamanji1457
    jamanji1457 Member Posts: 1

I play whoever I'm in the mood to play but I'm a trapper main and Ive been on the climb to red ranks and I'm at rank 7 at the moment. It's still possible to play whoever you want to play at any rank, it'll just be a lot more challenging to w8n with certain killers. I have never had to camp with any of the killers though I prefer to make the game fun on both sides and really try my best to not camo even with a bad killer like trapper at really high rank.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited August 2019

No need to camp when Killers can just use Ebony Momento Mori's... It's the fastest and funnest way to de-pip to the less frustrating ranks. Ranks are based on how many hooks you get per survivor, chases you win, and gens remain after 9 minutes. If you kill every survivor after hooking them only once and end the game in less than 9 minutes, you either black pip or de-pip depending upon what rank you're at. On top of that you get 1000 BP per mori kill, so with 1 hook and a mori you get 1500 BP in the sacrifice category, or 6000 BP for killing everyone this way, which makes this a decent way to de-pip and still gain a fair amount of BP. Most killers have large stacks of Mori's in their inventory because of the new "punished for killing survivors too quickly" ranking mechanic, so they typically have more than enough to spare for a few games. Anything less than 8 hooks at green and purple ranks is a de-pip, so there's literally no reason to de-pip by playing poorly on purpose or DC'ing intentionally when we have the mori option. It's quite the change from before when the killer "victory cube" over a year ago demanded they get kills and mori's were a guaranteed way to rank up, and while some say mori's became useless, I beg to differ.

• DS61
    DS61 Member Posts: 8

Depends on the day, but I will usually just play whoever I want to play at any ranks. Granted, it gets more difficult with certain characters as you rank up, but that is sorta why it's fun. I enjoy a challenge. Like playing pre-buff Freddy at rank 1 was a fun to me because of how hard it was to play and "win" with him. (My version of winning is getting a 4k BTW)

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

I just play to camp.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I normally just play the killers I like and play like I normally do. I don't camp unless the situation calls for it, it's a rather boring playstyle.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Geussing thats why people play leatherface at highranks

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

If i need to camp to stay at the rank i want, i dont deserve that rank.

So no. I dont camp

• Pzyber
    Pzyber Member Posts: 25

I just play whatever killer I want no matter the rank. I'm a competitive person so I play for 4k/escape. That's what makes it fun for me. No need to camp to lower the rank, just continue playing and learn and improve and it will be way more fun. And to my experience rank 1 survivor usually means playtime that season.

I've never cared about ranks since the ranking system is not measuring skill anyway. It's like a game of chess were you outplayed your opponent completely but you don't rank up because you didn't capture enough pawns. Completely flawed.

• PawnyExpress
    PawnyExpress Member Posts: 6

I play any killer I feel like playing with, if the swf group I play vs outplays me I don't rage over it. If they're being "toxic" I don't revel on it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I just play the killers I enjoy playing. I hate playing games just for dailies, I end up deleting most of mine to get ones I'll actually do.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

imagine if rank means something

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

This is what I usually do. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

I think you have some issued with losing. I can't accept to lose. So you lose on purpose and don't feel bad about that cuz u haven't tried just so you can go back to low rank stomping potatoes. Learn 2 lose. It's part of a gaming experience. Don't force wins

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

Well since ranks mean jackshit and BHVR refuses to do anything about rank 20 survs hosting a SWF for rank 1 survivors so they can stomp new players, i just really dont care about the rank, only care about if i have fun in the match.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

I will camp if my read on the situation justifies it as the best decision.

If I see one survivor, I will chase them, but if I see two: that's two people not doing gens and chasing one gives the other a free-unhook. I'd be a fool to leave the hook in that case. If BBQ reveals one survivor only, then I can't rule-out the other two being not-visible due to being too close and hiding somewhere, so I'll stay put.

When I can't be sure of what's going on, it's best to leave because everyone might be doing gens. It's often the failure of survivors to make meaningful generator progress that prompts a hook-camp.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

I try to have fun with trapper at redranks just stressful and genrushing to handle

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I get the same thing, it gets so much easier in high green to purple ranks for some reason, often I don’t play enough to bother ranking so I hover around green-purple depending how much I do play a season. No real reason to sweat it out to red ranks anyway.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Yeah but apparently you have only fun by winning against bad players.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I play whatever until the ques times become unbearable.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited August 2019

I try not to rank up too fast so I camp every few games to make sure I don't pip too much.

I cycle through and play all the killers that I own (except for the Clown and Hag atm which are buggy as hell), close to hitting red ranks again (deep sigh) and I found that even trapper's still playable with consistent 4k.

I think for me any killer can work near the higher ranks in 70% of the time, it all comes down to knowladge of the killer you play and understanding how each survivor will try to play against you. Sadly the most of the boosted killer community just moans and ######### about wanting every killer being able to just kick down the door to every survivor's house and limit them selves to only one style of play. I suspect a by product of the echo chamber communities that rotate around popular streamers.

The main thing for me not wanting to be in the high ranks is how boring the matches are with everyone running all the meta perks, instaheals, swf voice coms and keys dicking me over. I don't like to being strong-armed into running perks I don't enjoy playing with to "counter" these. So I tend to stay with the purple to green ranks if I can help it.

As a survivor games do get harder as you rank up. Even randoms at red ranks seem competent enough, but the killers are too scary for me.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Once I make it to red ranks with killer I just play survivor until rank reset.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I don't focus on what I'm facing usually. I like running certain killers and play the one I'll enjoy most. If facing constant skilled SWF matches, I'll switch to Holiday clown and goof around. I usually get some laughs by performing the jiggle clown dance and have even had spontaneous dance parties break out, complete with psychedelic fog.

I try to not let the fun get buried. If I pip, great. If I depip, oh well. Rank has no reward in this game anyways.

• snowflake102

That's not what I said. I said if I camp it's only for a type of killer that I can play again.

That's what I meant. And I play for fun:) And no I don't like playing against bad players. I'm at rank 12 by the way and I play for fun.

P.s learn to spell next time you spelled issued it should be it like this. I think you have an issue with losing lol.

Learn to spell:)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Y'know, that almost sounds like you do that intentionally... 😏

• snowflake102

That is what I do I Play for fun. I don't care about the rank system if I pip great If I depip who cares:)

• snowflake102

Same I try to stay at purple and green ranks:) I'm at rank 12. Cause green and purple seems to be at my level of skill cause it's not to easy and it's not to hard either.

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123

I solely do it to piss off the tryhards and get their comments afterwards, it feeds me.

• Lightsaber09
    Lightsaber09 Member Posts: 46

From ranks 20 - 14 I play whoever I want, ranks 13 and below I only play Billy unless I have a daily

• Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83

i will never be in red ranks on purpose.. lets be honest u can be boosted af and be horrible at the game and be in red ranks very easily..

i play any killer i want and when i want to depip i either play wraith and afk somewhere or i play a meme build.. currently its basement chest protector daddy myers :D insidious with stalk % addon and tombstone piece and a purple coin to make the basement chest the only chest... and of course change ur name to match the 3 games ive done with this build the survivors thought it was amusing and one of the 3 games the guy who pushed his luck found out why i had changed my steam name to touch my box you die .. tombstone piece is law in the basement :P