The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If you were a developer for a day, what changes would you make?

If you were a developer for a day, and you could make any change to the game that you please (without breaking 5 other things), what changes would you make to the game?

Personally, I would revert the hatch spawn changes so that the hatch will only spawn for the last survivor after 3 gens have been completed, I would put a 30-60 second delay on the hatch spawning/opening if a survivor disconnects to give another survivor the hatch, and I would give Freddy Dream Pallets as his base power (I don't like the idea of having a power completely changed through add-ons), as well as giving him a terror radius in the Dream World.

Share your changes below.

Comments

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I'd add my scarecrow killer which would actually add more jumpscares to the game lol (imagine coming around a corner to what you think is an unoccupied body only to realize its the real deal using insidious its a double jump, one when you see him and one when he actually moves and hits you lol

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Buff Iron Maiden, screw everybody it needs a buff I don't care about your opinions on a ######### perk that benefits 2 Killers when everyone should be able to use it effectively.

Make it show Auras and increase the Exposed timer, the 15 seconds is ######### and cannot be capitalized on. The Location thing is cool and makes sense because they got ''injured'' but it isn't good enough to be a strong perk and don't say not all perks need to be strong well perks shouldn't be made to be weak on everyone but 2 Killers.

Or change the perk completely, I hate when we get perks named to be something and then not have the appropriate effect. ######### when you step into an Iron Maiden you get stabbed with Spikes yo, make it Break a Survivor for 15 seconds and then they can heal themselves, keep the Location and that's fine too. At least this way you have a perk named after something dangerous and actually have an effect that's dangerous.

• Killer4
    Killer4 Member Posts: 29

I would add Purple Guy from Five nights at freddy’s

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I would make the perk grind excessively more reasonable and player-friendly, since that is the game's #1 problem.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

i'd probably collaborate with the other developers into finding out a good way to balance m1 killers (adjusting speeds, lunges, powers, etc.) in hopes of accommodating some of the main issues.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

I would make an option to remove the chasing music

• dbd_noob
    dbd_noob Member Posts: 225

I would refactor the code base to be more stable and modular so I can add/fix features in the future without breaking code, that has apparently nothing to do with the fix.

It seems as the code of the game grew and the initial design does not hold for the complexity it has now...

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368
    edited August 2019

i would revert the graphic changes

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Bye bye moris

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Pig pig pig pig PIIIIIIIIG.

I'd also probably do something about Moris, Keys, and insta-heals.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Nerf Billy and nurse and bring back old ds

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited August 2019

For 72 hours i would lock all perks, addons, offerings and have a 72 hour double bloodpoint event.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

(1) Make WGLF give a stack for healing.

(2)Rework most of LF’s add ons

(3) Increase LF’s speed while chainsawing slightly

(4) Remove perk tiers.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Remove all unfun add-ons and offerings for both sides as I personally feel they ruin the game at times.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Add Regan MacNeil as a killer

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Revert the pallet omega buffs introduced with the dreaded patch 1.1.1.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307
    edited August 2019
    • Buff/Rework underused perks and add-ons. This would probably take most of the day 😄
    • Continue the "tradition" of making more perks scale in a way that makes it less mandatory to have them level 3, like what was done to perks like Ruin, NOED, We'll Make It and so on.
    • Add more in-game options. Wider range of sensitivities (this one's for the console players mostly), video settings beyond simple low/medium/high and so on presets, in-game FPS cap/vsync settings, that sort of thing unless it'd horribly break the game in some way.
    • "Loadouts" you can save per character, so no matter what you're running you can switch back to that one favorite build of yours easily and quickly as the perk list grow more and more crowded. The same system should and could be used for cosmetic sets as well I guess.

Mostly QOL stuff really.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I would change and buff Legion of course

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

For survivors:

Increase the pain noise reduction of No Mither to 100% when standing.

Change Mettle of Man to require 5 hits of any kind to become active.

Buff No One Left Behind to increase your altruistic action speed by 6% for each generator completed.

Increase the action speed increase of Resilience to 10% (why is it 9%??)

Buff Flip Flop to convert your recovery progress to wiggle progress at a 1:1 ratio instead of a 2:1 ratio. The max conversion is still 50%.

For killers:

Change Spirit's prayer beads addon to only reduce the radius survivors can hear the whooshing sound by 16m.

Buff Fire Up to also affect missed attack and successful attack cooldowns.

Increase the amount of traps the Trapper can carry by default to 2.

Increase the base distance of hag's teleport by 8m.

Increase the movement speed and action speeds of feral frenzy to the values before the rework.

Make the Wraith's uncommon windstorm addon baseline.

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

I would make sure there is at least one 2x BP weekend each month. Come on BHVR do it.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Remove moris and keys.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Add BT and Ruin to the surv/killer base kits.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

Remove all rare and ultra rare addons and offerings for both sides. No insta heals, no moris, none of it.

Decrease bloodweb grind

Test out new game modes with a community stream where you all would get to watch the devs play these modes against one another.

• Accorn
    Accorn Member Posts: 89

I would add a small, but mandatory second objective before gens could be completed. Such as finding a gas can to fill them up. As in you can work on gens, fully repair them, but they won't power the doors until they have fuel. Probably make one can enough for all 5 gens. Something to slow down the game so it isn't 7 minutes long.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2019

The only changes I'm not 100% sure about are Doctor buffs #6 and #7 because they're more than just a number change or making part of an add-on baseline. I'm not sure how long it would take to implement them (I'd prioritize changing the Order add-ons over fixing the illusions though).

Implement my Doctor buffs:

1. Increase shock therapy range by at least 25%. The current base range is ridiculously small to the point where you won't even want to use it because you'll be in M1 range. Adjust range add-ons to compensate for this buff if necessary.
    2. Increase movement while charging up the shock (this is different from base treatment mode speed) to at least 105%. He can lose a lot of distance from just trying to use his shocks.
    3. Remove or significantly shorten the shock delay. This is just dumb, I really don't understand why it exists in its current state. Is it to give Survivors a good chance to dodge the shock?
    4. Significantly shorten or remove the transition between switching modes.
    5. Add the illusionary pallets to his base kit.
    6. Change the Order series of add-ons to either buff the illusionary pallets (like letting Survivors drop them if they're standing) or give a new effect (like having the illusions randomly perform actions).
    7. This change is just personal (I'm not even sure if it's true, I'd make sure it is though before implementing it), but the illusions shouldn't spawn on a different floor than the Survivor they're tracking on multi-floored maps like The Game. It's really annoying to check one floor because of the illusion and then find nothing because the Survivor was actually on the other floor.
    8. New Ultra Rare add-on: Dr. Otto Stamper's Files. Your static field becomes map wide, shock therapy range is increased by 50% and the charge time is slightly increased. This would not stack with the Order series of add-ons (they increase the Madness gained from the static field).

I'd also do some really short and probably easy number/status effect changes too. Most of the day would be for buffing Lord Herman though.

1. Increase the requirement for Ivory and Ebony Moris to two hooks
    2. Rename Exposed to Vulnerable
    3. Injured noise reduction on No Mither would be 100%
    4. Change Blindness and Hemorrhage on the Unicorn and Z Block add-ons for Freddy to Mangled and Exhaustion respectively.
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

If i were a dev...

First, I would add bond as part of the survivor basekit and remove the ultra rare syringe addon. Next, I'd give killers the ability to rebuild totems and make thrill of the hunt a basekit ability. After that, I would remove Deep Wounds from Legion's kit entirely and transition them to an on hit effect killer. Then, I'd removed hooks from the game and replace it with a more dynamic gameplay mechanic and add secondary parts hunting objectives for survivors. I'd remove mori offerings and make the kills a natural part of the killer's gameplay.

I would introduce a game mode where survivors are able to respawn if killed and have to traverse a multisection map by doing a series of smaller objective. I'd also revert the changes to killer instinct. I find those offset to be unnecessary and misleading. I a firm believer in accurate information i.e. if the play is supposed to know something they should know it with proper accuracy. Offsetting the pulse is obfuscation for obfuscation sake and doesn't feel good to me in practice. Its like a nitpick change rather than something useful.

I'd also want to revisit a lot of neutral perks and give them buffs. Most neutral perks are very middling or down right useless relics. I'd also would think about adding more neutral perks and maybe a couple of perks that crossed the killer/survivor lines. I'd would also give killers the same hook swivel as survivors, but in exchange I would implement a system change to if a killer is hard camping a survivor will be ejected from the hook with Borrowed Time. Lore wise it could be explained as the Entity not approving of the killer not doing their job of keeping it entertained. Mechanically, this should put a stop to mid and early game hard camping scenarios. During the endgame phase i.e. all gens completed the hook ejection would cycle off as now the entity no longer wants to be entertained. It just wants to feed.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Make keys not spawn in chests.

Make moris base kit after 2 hooks.

Killers with instadowns not punished for using their powers.

Make a game mode where voice chat is ban worthy or could be heard by killer from a certain distance, (impossible i know but we're dreaming right?)

Make all 4man blendette groups auto lose on swamp and cornfields lol

Fix Bubba.

Make an add on for huntress that shows hatchet path like gears of wat grenades

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121

I would bring all mid tier killers to billy level. Especially buff ghostface and legion.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

So I just realized we’d only be a dev for one day so we’d have to do small changes. 😅

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Id MaKe A BaTtLe RoYaLe GaMeMoDe!!

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

*Killer changes*

Make slight buffs to certain killers. Not so much that it's game breaking, but enough to feel as though it made a difference. For example I would remove the slowdown while doc is in treatment mode, but keep the slowdown when he goes for a shock.

Make ruin have more consistent skill checks, or make skill checks more consistent in general. Potentially make ruin base kit since it's pretty much needed. It would still be a totem, it just wouldn't take up a perk slot.

Change insidious so that the killer is unable to down someone for the next 10 seconds after "re-appearing" they're only able to injure survivors.

Give players the ability to toggle off auto lock.

Allow killer to place survivors on the hooks at any angle (hook swivel).

Give killers the ability to interact with a totem making it change locations with a dull totem. It would take at least 5-10 seconds to do so. It would show an animation where the entity's claws appear, grabs the totem and pulls it down, then the totem it was switched with slowly rises from the ground.

*General changes*

Work on some perks so player feel more inclined to use other perks so there aren't so many meta builds.

*Survivor changes*

Make it so no Mither gives bonus BP for chases. Almost no one leaves NM players on the floor, so the ability to self revive constantly is useless.

Make kindred base kit (sort of). Survivors can't see each other, but if a killer stays within 10m of the hook for 5-10 seconds all survivors can see their aura.

Make it so if a killer camps around a hook for 30+ seconds borrowed time becomes a base kit perk. Killers must leave the hook for 20-30 seconds to counter it to prevent killers from walking out of range just to walk back instantly. (Also counters killers who are able to hide their terror radius.)

*I'll probably edit this later on because my mind went blank while making this. There was a lot more I wanted to add for survivors the I seemed to have forgotten*

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820
    edited August 2019

I would force mori users to wear a dunce cap for the next 5 games.

Post edited by not_Queef on
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Remove the ability to DC from matches, it serves literally no purpose outside of sometimes being funny.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Remove Hex: Devour Hope's 2-Token bonus.

Replace it with the mechanic to not have the Hex be applied to a Dull Totem until you get 1/2/3 Tokens.

Hex Totems don't make loud fire noises that make you think an entire tree is on fire.

Survivors affected by Blindness can't see the Red Stain (mindgames ahoy) and Hex Totems will look like Dull Totems.

Change Wraith's "All Seeing" - Spirit Add-on to be Very Rare. (And change its name to avoid confusion with the already-existing "All Seeing" - Blood.)

In turn, change "Shadow Dance" - Blood to be Rare.

In turn, change "Shadow Dance" - White to be Uncommon.

In turn, change Bone Clapper to be Common.

In turn, make "The Hound" - Soot part of his base kit.

Make a new Ultra Rare that makes him completely invisible at all times while cloaked.

Increase Wraith's movement speed from 126.5% to 150% while cloaked.

The amount of Player Level Experience you get from Emblems will no longer be a set amount, and will instead multiply the Player Level Experience gained from that match by specific amounts depending on your earned Emblems, with the multiplier's maximum being x2.

Full outfits will NEVER be more expensive than actual characters.

You can now buy exact amounts of Auric Cells, but only whole Auric Cells, so no 500.24 Auric Cells for example.

Getting Devotion allows you to either unlock a cosmetic item for free (no combinations nor whole outfits allowed), or your Bloodpoint count gains 1,000,000 * Devotion.

You can select what you want, though if you SOMEHOW have all cosmetic items, it'll give you BP automatically.

Oh, and of course the added BP will bypass the usual BP cap.

Uhh, i guess that's it for now.

• Onomo
    Onomo Member Posts: 20

Revert the Momentum change they made to the vaults so I can't get hit through the window. :)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

Clown base reload time= yellow add-on.

Extra bottles increase reload time.

Flask Of Bleach baseline.

Tattoo's Middle Finger= direct bottle hits invert survivor controls.

Clown can inhale his gas and gain speed equal to 2 PWF stacks on a 30 second cooldown.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I would want to take a look at hexes and totems. First I'd try to implement better hiding locations for totems, and make it so they can't spawn within a certain distance of generators. I'd give a slight rework to Huntress's Lullaby so survivors don't get notified to it's existence until the effects actually become active. Might consider making it so totems don't even become lit up until their effects become active (like Third Seal, Devour Hope), but I'm not too sure about that one.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

Role queue

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    1. Give survivors something other than gens
    2. Buff Pig
    3. Rework Legion
    4. Buff some of the lesser used survivor perks
    5. Rework some maps
  • Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277

Legion doesn't have to be reworked, legion must be buffed. How? Make the frenzie longer, faster, and make the ment longer

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Work to get this killer, survivor and perks added to the game:

Make Mori's un-cancel-able, add much needed Gore to mori animations for regions that can support/handle it (this is an M rated Horror game after all), and create alternative mori animation packs that can be sold as DLC or for Auric Cells. That way Killer players can pick and choose which mori animation they will be using in game or choose to have the game pick a mori they have for a character at random just to add a little variety.

Add 5 Perk load-out slots for killers and survivors in the load-out UI to save their favorite builds to so that changing builds is just a button click away.

Add this Shared Offering to the game:

Tarnished Trophy (VR)

Gain a 10% bonus in Blood Points for every rank you've achieved.

Bonus blood points awarded at the end of the trial.

Personal.

"They're the best in their field. Simple as that! That's why they get to live the good life." - Meg Thomas

(Note: not sure if its clear enough the way I Wrote it, but basically at the end of the trial it calculates how many points you earned in the trial and then applies a 10% bonus x whatever Rank you are. So the maximum it can give you is 10%x 20 ranks = 200% if you have reached rank 1, 150% at rank 5, and 100% bonus at rank 10 etc. So its an offering that makes rank matter by potentially rewarding more BP than any other BP offering does, but only at ranks higher than 10, otherwise its about the same as the others.)

Finally, Either make it so killers instantly regress generators by 10% each time they kick them to start regression, or have it so that a survivor has to work against the regression on a generator for 5 seconds before it'll stop regressing. This is to discourage the tap and run tactics this game has had ever since the introduction of the generator regressing mechanic. Survivors have all kinds of perks, items and add-on's that make repairing generators faster while rendering regression moot, and even if the killer brings in a perk or add-on specifically to counter these, they will always be fighting a losing battle against "Tap and run" survivors which doesn't feel balanced.