Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Object of obsession

What do you think guys, is this perk balanced?

For stealthy killers or trapper, this perk is very unfair to play against.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’m on the fence, it can be op but it can also help the killer.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Yeah you are also punishing yourself with the perk too

• eXoDuSs
    eXoDuSs Member Posts: 31

Yes but if he is premade with atleast 1 guy, then 2 ppl know your location and so on for a full swf.

And also what if you punish yourself by a bit? Maybe the killer doesnt look on your location and he doesnt see you but you see him which is a huge information. Also if you see 25% of the survivors but he sees 100% of the killer team, it s a huge advantage.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

For a solo survivor, it's ok.

For a swf team... op

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i just had a Ghostface game versus a SWF where one had OoO.

i literally could not use my power the entire round.

and hey, to top it all off i had exactly 2 perks (Enduring 1 and Sloppy Butcher 1) and the OoO guy was a teabagger with an instaheal.

i had no fun.

honestly, OoO should do something else than being a "hey look at me! haha cant catch me, noob!" perk. just spawning and seeing one survivor highlighted pretty much makes me want to just quit and play a new game - especially if i play Trapper (Trapper main, i play him a lot).

also, ever since i recently hit red ranks i found that i eigther get to play on Haddonfield, Springwood or someone brings OoO. i can count the rounds where none of these applied on one hand and i am so annoyed by those games right now .-.

sorry for the little rant, i just come from another Springwood game (my 5th in 2 days i think) and before that i had the GF game.

• eXoDuSs
    eXoDuSs Member Posts: 31

I'm also a trapper player and when i see OoO i play for 30 seconds and if i can t find someone i just quit. At this point my power becomes useless and i m just a m1 killer without any ability.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

I think Object of Obsession is a great perk. It has the perfect name.

If someone uses it, I become obsessed with killing them. I will throw the entire game if it means they die first. Since I have a preference for stealth killers though, I tend to be rewarded rather than punished for tunneling them.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

I don't really mind it. Knowing what they're doing at all times really helps keep the pressure up. I always know which generator they're working on, when they're going for the save, etc. Even as Trapper, it ain't that bad. All I have to do is place a trap 99% of the way and cancel it to ruin their day. They'll start looking for a trap that doesn't exist and waste a ton of time.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited September 2019

still, all this perk really does is screwing over stealth killers like wraith or Ghostface and promoting toxicity.

i dont see any use for this perk, other than getting the killers attention and annoy them.

imo it should be changed to give a different effect, like a reverse BBQ for example.

i just dislike how it currently works - and many other killers do to.

here a few ideas how i would personally change it:

Object of Obsession

• when the Killer hooks a survivor and you are his obsession, the killers aura is revealed to you for 4/5/6 seconds.
    • if you are not the killers obsession, the killers aura is revealed to you for 3/3/4 seconds and your aura gets revealed to the killer for 6/5/4 seconds.
    • increases the chance of you becoming the killers obsession

Object of Obsession

• when you are the killers obsession and they try to reveal your aura, their aura reading will be blocked and the killer will be revealed to you instead for as long as they try to see you.
    • when you are not the killers obsession and they try to reveal your aura, you will be notified that your aura is revealed to them for 2 seconds/3 seconds/as long as they try to reveal you.
    • increases the chance of you becoming the killers obsession

the first one would be a reverse BBQ, where you see the killer for a short time span, but they dont necessarily see you - considering they do not have BBQ. if they do, there would still be ways to counter it with e.g. being within 40m to the hook or running distortion. however, if you are not the killers obsession, there are downsides attached to the perk (not like the current version of OoO where the downside is pretty much non existant) where your aura is also revealed - just like the current version of the perk.

the second idea is like a buffed distortion, BUT it only works for one player at the time (so if you still want to get your guaranteed aura block, you still gotta run distortion. also, OoO wouldnt let distortion lose tokens as long as it is active) on top of that aura reading immunity, you also see the killer for as long as they try to see you. this might be some neat counterplay to certain builds michael has (jumpscare myers - dont foret: michael is immune to aura reading in this situation, so it will just block your aura), which is pretty fitting considering its a laurie strode perk. however, if you are not the killers obsession, the perk will only work as an indicator to when the killer tries to read your aura, but wont provide you with any additional benefits. this would still allow you to guess the killers perks. e.g: if your aura gets revealed while staying inside the exit gate area, you know they have bloodwarden.

just some ideas, but imo those would be a lot better for the health of the game.

like i said above, the current version of OoO just promotes too much toxic bahaviour and pretty much ruins my fun as a killer.