im tired of this staring contest with hatches

Beardedragon
Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

i mean why is it so hard for the developers to do something about the hatch.

either let me close it as it was inteded, or let me put survivors in the dying state if i hit them near the hatch. because its stupid that i have to stand on that hatch, or near it, in order to avoid a survivor from escaping. and naturally thats my goal, so i want to try and avoid that they do.

the hatch should either be removed entirely, or the killer should be able down people instantly near the hatch.

The mechanic ruins what killers are supposed to do. your objective is to kill survivors, but by having a stand off, you in the end probably just move and let them through simply to waste time.

when a mechanic goes against your objective, then its a failed mechanic.

it is a problem, on a mechanical level.

Post edited by Beardedragon on

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Might_Oakk said:
    If you're getting involved in hatch stand off you're an idiot.

As a survivor if a killer is camping the hatch go do a gen. Most of the time simply failing your first skill check will bait the killer to run straight to the gen leaving the hatch.

As a killer try find the survivor not the hatch. If you arrive simultaneously just hit the survivor and start a new match.

Dont get why a fix is even needed. You’re perfectly right. If survivor is camping it, they won anyway just spank em. If killer is, do a gen and just go out the exit or bait the killer

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

The standoff isn't worth the time. If you're a survivor, get a gen done. If you're the killer, whack them and move on to the next game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

We had a working hatch closing mechanic already in PTB, but survivors cried enough about it to prevent it.

honestly, I dont bother but if a toxic survivor starts a standoff I will jsut hit him and lose, the next survivors will be punished instead :wink: (yes thats unfair, but im just a human)

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

As Killer I avoid the whole situation, as soon as I see the hatch I pretty much go to a corner and wait for them to leave, I don't want to wait for them to creep around me to get to it, just go for it so I can move on, but that also fails because of the undeniable survivor urge to teabag me as I walk to it after waiting forever.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@Kevvie said:
    As Killer I avoid the whole situation, as soon as I see the hatch I pretty much go to a corner and wait for them to leave, I don't want to wait for them to creep around me to get to it, just go for it so I can move on, but that also fails because of the undeniable survivor urge to teabag me as I walk to it after waiting forever.

because going to the corner and waiting for them to leave, THATS the right answer. just because you dont want to "deal" with the situation, doesnt mean you found a work around. you did not. and its a killers job to get kills, not let them escape, so i wont let them escape. so it annoys me when theres a mechanic in the game that prevents me from doing my job, because hitting them results in them escaping through the hatch.

if i can get in to a situation where its coming down to a staring contest, they ######### up the hatch is a bad mistake. its great that survivors has one chance to get a single survivor out (no its not its crap) but to avoid this staring contest, its quite easy to fix. just add a function that puts survivors in the dying state if they're hit near the hatch.

bam. simple fix. Staring contest is now officially over.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    When I’m killer I give the hatch up don’t care enough because it’s a waste of time I’d rather just open a new lobby because all that wasted time I could’ve been earning more shards and points.

when I’m survivor if I see the killer at the hatch I’ll do the nearest gen it usually baits them and then I’ll farm them for boldness points and then point at the hook and accept death OR if they give me hatch I’ll give up my item I figure it’s a sign of good faith and it’s a good trade off
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Don't bother with Hatch standoff, if you are camping by the hatch you lost, just let them go and move on

I can't believe there are still so many stubborn killers that don't get this, you waste so much time and BP when you just stand there afk, the moment the survivor is next to the hatch they won already, just let them take the win and move on

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Slug the second to last survivor, problem solved.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    The last PTB (not the most recent one), had a good fix where the Killer could close the hatch. It only needed a few changes (Permanent aura reading for Killers after a certain amount of time in order to prevent a Survivor from holding the game hostage and giving the last Survivor a weaker built-in Left Behind to complete a gen and reopen the hatch), but the Survivor kids couldn’t understand that they weren’t entitled to a free escape and cried until BHVR made closing the hatch power both gates and finish all the gens automatically (making it easier for a Survivor to escape) and made them not include the hatch closing mechanic in patch 2.0.0 and continue to work on it. The reason the hatch standoff still exists is because of the whiny, entitled Survivor kids. You can blame them whenever a hatch standoff happens. 
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    They had this fixed and then they didn't put it in. You can blame survivors but I blame BHVR as they missed out on a big problem being fixed. I would rather close the hatch and patrol doors then have a hatch game. It would force the survivor to show themselves.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Slug the second to last survivor, problem solved.

The person on the ground could still get out. Sure it is now really easy, but you could just confirm your 4 man by closing it. Problem solved, just better.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    The hatch is currently just a free undeserved escape for the last survivor...because. They should’ve gone through with the PTB change requiring a gen to be done.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    I like the idea they are bringing. Especially if it procs NOED, which I think is fair in the situation where as killer you both kill 3/4 before 3 gens are done and find the hatch before the survivor (which is already in their favor as is as in this situation they have the head start of finding the spawn point of the hatch while you are chasing and downing the second to last survivor, as well as hooking him).
  • ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

Only killer benefits from standing there watching the hatch, survivor can run away and do a gen if the killer follows just sprint back to the hatch gg.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

As a survivor if a killer is camping the hatch go do a gen. Most of the time simply failing your first skill check will bait the killer to run straight to the gen leaving the hatch.

As a killer try find the survivor not the hatch. If you arrive simultaneously just hit the survivor and start a new match.

Dont get why a fix is even needed. You’re perfectly right. If survivor is camping it, they won anyway just spank em. If killer is, do a gen and just go out the exit or bait the killer

They haven't won. I've won some hatch standoffs as Leatherface because they walked too far trying to bait me and took a chainsaw to the neck.

• Jack11803

@Tombstone218 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

They haven't won. I've won some hatch standoffs as Leatherface because they walked too far trying to bait me and took a chainsaw to the neck.

Then why’d they throw their life away by showing face?

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

you had your chance to slug at 2 people now you must give the survivor the hatch if they make it to it.... stop being greedy.

• Jack11803

@Hillbilly420 said:

@snozer said:
    you had your chance to slug at 2 people now you must give the survivor the hatch if they make it to it.... stop being greedy.

Okay, lemme slug the 2nd to last guy, okay, did that, now I'm looking for the last guy and the 2nd guy DC's...

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    It's always been fun for me, personally. I maybe only one of the few who actually enjoys it. It's like playing 'who blinks first'. Keep calm and win the hatch game. 
  • Dr_doom_j2
    It's always been fun for me, personally. I maybe only one of the few who actually enjoys it. It's like playing 'who blinks first'. Keep calm and win the hatch game. 

Did you just buy this game today? If you haven't been in a 30 min match where 15 mins was you and the survivor waiting for literally nothing, then maybe you'd find it fun.... or you're a survivor main, and at some point that killer has to give you the hatch so yea, I'd see why you like it then
  • Khalednazari
    edited July 2018
    @Dr_doom_j2 Like I said, it's my personal opinion and it may not be a popular one. It doesn't mean that you have to judge me. I play on both sides and I've won the hatch stand off on both sides more than I have lost. Maybe that is why I like it? I don't mind stand-offs, because it brings uncertainty and the fact that game is not over until it's really over. That's strictly my opinion. Thanks.

Btw : I don't really have to tell you this, but I have around 1500 hours in this game. 
  • Dr_doom_j2
    @Dr_doom_j2 Like I said, it's my personal opinion and it may not be a popular one. It doesn't mean that you have to judge me. I play on both sides and I've won the hatch stand off on both sides more than I have lost. Maybe that is why I like it? I don't mind stand-offs, because it brings uncertainty and the fact that game is not over until it's really over. That's strictly my opinion. Thanks.

Btw : I don't really have to tell you this, but I have around 1500 hours in this game. 

Lol so you really want people to believe you enjoy sitting there, waiting for one side to get bored, and conceding the hatch? Because if that's enjoyable to you, you must really enjoy camping/being camped too. I mean, if you really like staring at the enemy for a long time pointlessly, that just must be your gee-spot right there

Also you mind telling me that awesome mind game you worked out for winning a hatch standoff as killer? Other than standing there, looking at them for 30 mins, and having them jump in the hatch just to get grabbed and end their misery? Or do you just not actually understand what a hatch standoff is?

• Dr_doom_j2

Also, I know that you play on PS4. Assuming you got the game when it came out on PS4, as I did, that means not only do you not have 1500 hours exactly, but you also don't have any way of knowing that other than having spoken directly to the Sony PlayStation team. So nice try.
  • Khalednazari
    Yes, I do not understand what a hatch standoff is. I hope that I ended your misery atleast. 
  • Khalednazari

Also, I know that you play on PS4. Assuming you got the game when it came out on PS4, as I did, that means not only do you not have 1500 hours exactly, but you also don't have any way of knowing that other than having spoken directly to the Sony PlayStation team. So nice try.
    And I like how you are proving yourself to be so stupid and deviating from the real conversation about the hatch stand-off here. Add me on steam, for further communication because I'm not going to reply you after this. And that's just for steam. 
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

i cant believe what im reading.

im asking for a fix to an actual issue, and people say they dont see an issue. how they "deal with it" is by letting the survivor go? how the F does that FIX anything? you are letting your objective go. the moment there was a stand off on a hatch it became apparent that this is an issue, but most of you killers simply refuse to DEAL with that situation by letting the person go. you can atleast acknowledge that this is actually a problem, and you simply dont deal with it, when you let your objective go because you dont wanna waste the time.

Having to sit on a hatch and literally wait for the survivor to walk away from the hatch, to a generator, before i can run after him is a waste of time, and trust me i can sit for a very long time before they decide to go for that generator.

this entire hatch stand-off is in the hands of the survivor. if he doesnt move, then i cant move. i will NOT let him out if i can avoid it. because the game is about me killing them. if i let him out because i dont want to wait anymore, which most of you guys do, thats just another way of agreeing with me, that this hatch is causing issues. letting your objective go is not a fix, its simply a way of ending the game.

letting survivors go because of this issue, is a flaw in the game. if the survivor wants he can sit in front of the hatch for as long as he wants, because he knows if i hit him, i lose. i would very much like to kill survivors running for generators, but i cant as long as they arent actually going for them.

Killers should be able to grab people when they are too close to the hatch, insta down them, or close the hatch. this is a waste of the killers time, and quite possibly the survivors too. but then again, i have little to say about the survivors. its pretty much their fault after all, they can do generators, but most refuse to do that and sit at the hatch.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

The hatch isn't causing any issues, at least for me. There are people that are willing to play the wait game. If you're not one of them, then move on. I'm definitely not one of them. I'll let them get hatch because it's not worth my time. I like the mechanic because sometimes I won't use Whispers and it will be THAT game that the remaining player wants to stealth the game up for 25 minutes. ######### that. That's 15 minutes too long. Gimme hatch any day, all day... and then I'll give it to them if they don't jump in within 10 seconds.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@steezo_de said:
    The hatch isn't causing any issues, at least for me. There are people that are willing to play the wait game. If you're not one of them, then move on. I'm definitely not one of them. I'll let them get hatch because it's not worth my time. I like the mechanic because sometimes I won't use Whispers and it will be THAT game that the remaining player wants to stealth the game up for 25 minutes. [BAD WORD] that. That's 15 minutes too long. Gimme hatch any day, all day... and then I'll give it to them if they don't jump in within 10 seconds.

once again do you prove that the hatch has issues, but you simply refuse to deal with that issue.

having the hatch is fair. but you're supposed to kill the survivors. thats your objective. you cant do that if you let him purposefully leave.

so when you say: i let them leave because i dont wanna do the waiting game (which is fair and i understand that), then the game has put you in a situation in which doing your objective is no longer prefered, and has thus failed. the hatch has failed as a mechanic, in that situation. (it works on other situations tho).

the hatch DOES have problems and issues. the issue isnt so much that people can escape, but simply this staring game. it should be fixed in a way that avoids it entirely, through some sort of means that allows them to get out, or allows them to be taken out.

so again, you're not supposed to "let them" get out, and if the game puts you in a situation where thats most beneficial for you so you can get to a new game, then the game and the hatch mechanic has failed as whole and should be revisited.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

The wonderful thing about it is that if you're tired of it, you have the power to end it. I don't care for them either so I either just jump in or hit them depending on what I'm playing. I don't need to get out/kill everyone every time, and my time is worth more than the few points I'll get from it.

They're working on fixing it. They had some changes in the last PTB (not the current one, one before that), but they didn't really play out well. It'll be better eventually.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@Peanits said:
    The wonderful thing about it is that if you're tired of it, you have the power to end it. I don't care for them either so I either just jump in or hit them depending on what I'm playing. I don't need to get out/kill everyone every time, and my time is worth more than the few points I'll get from it.

They're working on fixing it. They had some changes in the last PTB (not the current one, one before that), but they didn't really play out well. It'll be better eventually.

eventually yes if they dont give up on it. but now its not optimal.and theres nothing wonderful about a mechanic that doesnt do what its meant to.

meanwhile, the mechanic isnt working as intended.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

I'd like for the hatch to switch place a little now and then just to make it harder to camp it.

• ramzowily
    ramzowily Member Posts: 3

I got in a few hatch standoffs when I first started playing, but I haven't been in one in months. Because I don't let myself be. If I'm survivor and the killer gets to the hatch first, I go and do generators. If I'm killer and the hatch opens, I look for the last survivor, not the hatch. If they get out while I'm looking for them, so be it. I do not feel entitled to 4 killing every time. The game isn't designed so that you 4 kill every time. Sometimes bad luck happens. Sometimes bad play happens. Not every game works out for me. I don't say the game is broken every time I fail to survive or 4 kill, because I'm not supposed to do that every time, so the game is actually working how it was intended to. That's not broken, that's how it's supposed to work.

The only thing I would change about the hatch is making it open based on merit of the last survivor. That is, instead of it being based on 2 generators being done, have it based on the emblems the survivor has earned. If someone just hid and looked for the hatch the whole game, completing no generators, heals, or rescues, the hatch shouldn't open for them until they've done some work. This would mean a survivor wouldn't know if the hatch was going to open for them until the point that it did, but that's kind of a good thing. This would likely help end survivors who run and camp on the hatch as soon as the next to last person goes on the hook, and also help with teammates who just want to troll and then pop out the hatch at the end. It wouldn't necessarily end hatch standoffs for those killers who absolutely insist on hatch camping, but that's a dumb way to play and so those killers should probably be punished for playing that way, anyway.

And if you're really going to argue that the hatch gives survivors a free out, then you need to see that arguing for being able to close the hatch is hypocritical. Because basically, that gives the killer a free kill on a survivor who may have been playing really well, completing all or most of the generators, doing rescues and heals, and never being downed by the killer, but having really crappy teammates who got nothing done and being left with literally no options for getting out at the end. With the hatch closed, the killer just needs to camp the last few generators until they find the survivor. Even if the survivor is really good at running away and looping, with no one else around to do generators it doesn't do them much good. So the survivor might be able to hide really well, extending the game out indefinitely, they might be able to loop forever, extending the game out indefinitely, or they can just give up and let the killer kill them, which is no more fair than the killer letting the last survivor just go out the hatch.

So you're not really solving any problems by letting the killer close the hatch. You're just creating new ones that are just as bad, if not worse.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    snozer said:

Stop acting like the Survivor is entitled to a Hatch escape because guess what, they aren’t. It’s not that hard to accept. You’re probably the type of person that will DC in order to give the Survivor the hatch and say “OUTPLAYED GG EZZZZZ!!!!” like an entitled little kid.
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    Don't have a stare off. If survivor finds it, let it go, dont let your pride keep you from moving on to a new game.

And the logic of thinking one survivor shouldnt have the option of the hatch because they faild and died, isnt that like saying why should killers who cant get the job done get to rely on NoED.

It is what it is. Both sides have crutches. I see no problem at all with either. Be the bigger man/woman and end the match, let them have the hatch. I had to leave spectate mode because while I got coffee and went to the bathroom, they still kept staring. Just dont let pride ruin your time.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    snozer said:

Stop acting like the Survivor is entitled to a Hatch escape because guess what, they aren’t. It’s not that hard to accept. You’re probably the type of person that will DC in order to give the Survivor the hatch and say “OUTPLAYED GG EZZZZZ!!!!” like an entitled little kid.

And see, to me it feels like there is some kind of disconnect here. People are sitting here, saying ######### like "Oh you aren't supposed to 4k every time" " Oh I just let them go, it doesn't matter, I value my time"

That's like having a diabetes convention where they are trying to find a cure for type 1, and some ######### with type 2 comes in with a bag of muddied buddies and says "Oh, it hasn't been bothering me all that much, I don't see why we need to waste time trying to fix what ain't broken" 

We don't care that it functions (in so far that it exists and can be utiluzed), but you dense mofos can't even see the forest for the tree's. This is just another part of a long list of advantages afforded to one side over the other, in a game that for two years has mostly favored that side. This is just another thorn on the Rosebush, which is the reason some (mostly killer mains) still complain about it. It needs balance, regardless if at this point it is the most in need of it. There are still a good few things needing addressing, but we cannot forget that the hatch is basically broken.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Don't have a stare off. If surv k8ndivor finds it, let it go, dont let your pride keep you from moving on to a new game.

And the logic of thinking one survivor shouldnt have the option of the hatch because they faild and died, isnt that like saying why should killers who cant get the job done get to rely on NoED.

It is what it is. Both sides have crutches. I see no problem at all with either. Be the bigger man/woman and end the match, let them have the hatch. I had to leave spectate mode because while I got coffee and went to the bathroom, they still kept staring. Just dont let pride ruin your time.

This is a balance argument, not one of pride. It would be better to have a mechanic that did not solely rely on who can waste the most time, agreed?
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    AmorePrincess said:

Don't have a stare off. If surv k8ndivor finds it, let it go, dont let your pride keep you from moving on to a new game.

This is a balance argument, not one of pride. It would be better to have a mechanic that did not solely rely on who can waste the most time, agreed?

exactly.

i have to say this and i might get major backlash for it, but i say it regardless.

Most that have posted in this thread ive made are complete idiots (yes idiots, hate me if you want, but if you start talking about what you do, then you failed to understand my post). its not about hours played, its not about how good you are, its about a simple mechanic that has failed.

its not even remotely a pride issue. and most people say the same stupid thing: just let them go, dont waste your time on them, bla bla bla. i dont care about what you guys do, i never asked for tips on how to end it (i can obviously just let them use the hatch i mean come on). its just when you guys respond in this thread, you pretty much state that you dont understand the issue im trying to explain. you ignore the issue because its easiest. thats good. do that, i do that too (by letting survivors go as i play) but it doesnt change the fact that there IS in fact, a god damn problem. and thats why i made this thread.

the issue at hand is that its POSSIBLE to have a stand off with me standing on the hatch, and a survivor looking me in the eyes. its POSSIBLE because the mechanic has failed. its not about whether it happens often, because it doesnt. its not about whether i cant let them through, because i can.

but im not SUPPOSED to let them go through, its my objective to kill them. but i SHOULD let them through if i DONT want to waste time staring at a person. thats the gist here.

the Hatch mechanic just fails at that point, when what i want most is to let a survivor go, but im really supposed to go for kills.Again, thats the objective, i dont care about pride, its what im supposed to do (do the rest of you dolts get it now?). and if the mechanic makes me go against my objective, then its a failed mechanic. its not about what i want, its about what makes sense, and this staring contest, makes none.

there needs to be a small fix to this hatch issue so that killers dont "have" to let survivors go in order to not waste time.

please dont tell me what YOU do, i dont care about what YOU do. what i care about is to tell the world, as one of many, that there is a direct issue with the hatch. its not a huge issue, its not an issue that happens often either, but its there. ive been there.

so Fix it please.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

So like I get you want the kill and stuff, but I have literally given people hatch when I had a clean 4k and I still 2 pip. You are just wasting your time, put your ego aside. If everyone is dead and you hook the guy escaping at least once you will double pip. Just swing and let them go.

Some killers are so greedy for kills they don't see that it's not really worth it in the end. Truth be told if you find yourself in a hatch standoff you do NOT deserve the kill.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@thesuicidefox said:
    So like I get you want the kill and stuff, but I have literally given people hatch when I had a clean 4k and I still 2 pip. You are just wasting your time, put your ego aside. If everyone is dead and you hook the guy escaping at least once you will double pip. Just swing and let them go.

Some killers are so greedy for kills they don't see that it's not really worth it in the end. Truth be told if you find yourself in a hatch standoff you do NOT deserve the kill.

read the post above, and then rewrite everything or delete it.

because i already told you it has nothing to do with pride or greed.

so please, read the post JUST above you. then make a new comment if you want. because you think you've just made a response thats worth anything but you havent, because this topic is only about the mechanic itself.

its not about greed, but the mechanic itself.

• Dr_doom_j2
    edited July 2018

I find it funny you think that absolutely no one has said LITTERALLY everything you just said? 

What is really your problem with a balanced hatch? Like, why do you think two gens being done should equal auto escape? And if that is in fact what you believe, which is evidenced in your dismissal of any discussion involving a balanced hatch, why don't you just ask the devs for a free portal that spawns near the survivor when they are the last alive? Would it really be any different from resolving to leave the hatch as a free escape that is fairly out of the killers control except when slugging? Do survivors enjoy slugging so much, they will defend a broken mechanic so that they can bleed out every game? 

Stop telling killers we're wrong for wanting to complete our objective please
  • Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190

@Kevvie said: ok

because going to the corner and waiting for them to leave, THATS the right answer. just because you dont want to "deal" with the situation, doesnt mean you found a work around. you did not. and its a killers job to get kills, not let them escape, so i wont let them escape. so it annoys me when theres a mechanic in the game that prevents me from doing my job, because hitting them results in them escaping through the hatch.

if i can get in to a situation where its coming down to a staring contest, they ######### up the hatch is a bad mistake. its great that survivors has one chance to get a single survivor out (no its not its crap) but to avoid this staring contest, its quite easy to fix. just add a function that puts survivors in the dying state if they're hit near the hatch.

bam. simple fix. Staring contest is now officially over.

Just move on
  • Beardedragon

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

The frustrating part is that we had a fix. It was fine. Hell, I would have taken the last fix where you close the hatch but now they can get the gates. At least then they don't get away for free and there's something you can do about it.

The fact that you think it's fine as-is say's a lot. Yes, Survivor's need ANOTHER 2nd chance that lets them get away and win and talk ######### in the chat proclaiming how amazing they are.

yea because being caught 3 times (4 with DS and several more with flashlight shinenigans or blockings) isnt enough chances for them to survive. they also needed a free teleport if the rest of the team died.

lets sprinkle that hatch with some fancy time waste by making it possible to have a stand off on the hatch.

i can move, but im not supposed to because my objective is to kill. the mechanic is broken end of discussion. not the hatch as whole, but the stand off part is.

• steezo_de

@Beardedragon said:

@steezo_de said:
    The hatch isn't causing any issues, at least for me. There are people that are willing to play the wait game. If you're not one of them, then move on. I'm definitely not one of them. I'll let them get hatch because it's not worth my time. I like the mechanic because sometimes I won't use Whispers and it will be THAT game that the remaining player wants to stealth the game up for 25 minutes. [BAD WORD] that. That's 15 minutes too long. Gimme hatch any day, all day... and then I'll give it to them if they don't jump in within 10 seconds.

once again do you prove that the hatch has issues, but you simply refuse to deal with that issue.

having the hatch is fair. but you're supposed to kill the survivors. thats your objective. you cant do that if you let him purposefully leave.

so when you say: i let them leave because i dont wanna do the waiting game (which is fair and i understand that), then the game has put you in a situation in which doing your objective is no longer prefered, and has thus failed. the hatch has failed as a mechanic, in that situation. (it works on other situations tho).

the hatch DOES have problems and issues. the issue isnt so much that people can escape, but simply this staring game. it should be fixed in a way that avoids it entirely, through some sort of means that allows them to get out, or allows them to be taken out.

so again, you're not supposed to "let them" get out, and if the game puts you in a situation where thats most beneficial for you so you can get to a new game, then the game and the hatch mechanic has failed as whole and should be revisited.

I just said the hatch isn't an issue for me... and I consider people that complain about the hatch stand off are straight up dumb for getting involved in a waiting game in the first place. Now if you want to play the game.. If you want to take this game so serious that you HAVE to kill that last existing survivor at all cost, then by all means have a great time, but then don't complain about it. What the #########. It's a 10 minute game and you will have many more.

The way I deal with the issue of giving the survivor a chance to escape? Hey.. the Entity gives them a chance and gives me the OPTION of staring or going.. and I say ######### you Entity, I got other games to play! Failed objective? Uh yeah. So what, there's no leaderboard and no reason to take the game so serious that I'm willing to get upset about it. I move on.

• Dr_doom_j2
    steezo_de said:

@Beardedragon said:

@steezo_de said:

I just said the hatch isn't an issue for me... and I consider people that complain about the hatch stand off are straight up dumb for getting involved in a waiting game in the first place. Now if you want to play the game.. If you want to take this game so serious that you HAVE to kill that last existing survivor at all cost, then by all means have a great time, but then don't complain about it. What the [BAD WORD]. It's a 10 minute game and you will have many more.

The way I deal with the issue of giving the survivor a chance to escape? Hey.. the Entity gives them a chance and gives me the OPTION of staring or going.. and I say [BAD WORD] you Entity, I got other games to play! Failed objective? Uh yeah. So what, there's no leaderboard and no reason to take the game so serious that I'm willing to get upset about it. I move on.

And you sir, are a world class narcissist. Everyone just has to be Ok with it because YOU say it's dumb. I won't even argue that, because it is dumb, it's a dumb situation that shouldn't exist. It does, so we deal with it as is. That doesn't mean we have to accept it.

You can accept what you like, just don't expect people to accept piss as orange soda because you grabbed a big gulp
  • steezo_de

@Hillbilly420 said:

@steezo_de said:

@Beardedragon said:

@steezo_de said:

I just said the hatch isn't an issue for me... and I consider people that complain about the hatch stand off are straight up dumb for getting involved in a waiting game in the first place. Now if you want to play the game.. If you want to take this game so serious that you HAVE to kill that last existing survivor at all cost, then by all means have a great time, but then don't complain about it. What the [BAD WORD]. It's a 10 minute game and you will have many more.

The way I deal with the issue of giving the survivor a chance to escape? Hey.. the Entity gives them a chance and gives me the OPTION of staring or going.. and I say [BAD WORD] you Entity, I got other games to play! Failed objective? Uh yeah. So what, there's no leaderboard and no reason to take the game so serious that I'm willing to get upset about it. I move on.

Yes, we get it, you think it's fine that Survivors get another "Get away for free without even trying" option. We get it. You can stop posting now.

As long as you understand what you want to hear, then it's all good. Is this our hatch stand off? Peace out!

• steezo_de

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    steezo_de said:

@Beardedragon said:

@steezo_de said:

And you sir, are a world class narcissist. Everyone just has to be Ok with it because YOU say it's dumb. I won't even argue that, because it is dumb, it's a dumb situation that shouldn't exist. It does, so we deal with it as is. That doesn't mean we have to accept it.

You can accept what you like, just don't expect people to accept piss as orange soda because you grabbed a big gulp

Yes, it's dumb to wait around for a game to end and complain about it when you have the CHOICE to leave. This is some next-gen mind game right here. It's ridiculous that people are complaining about a waiting game that they don't have to play.

If someone were to give me piss to drink. I'd choose not to drink it. Pretty simple decision I would think.