The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pallet save doesn't work

So I was gonna pallet save my teammate and I dropped the pallet after the animation and I got the killer stun that shows on the left side but since the killer m1:ed he didn't get stunned and my teammate didn't get saved.

Comments

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

You probably messed up when it came to the timing.

Drop the pallet as soon as the killer can move after picking up a Survivor.

If you're sure you got the timing right.. i don't know, maybe it's the servers?

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

If you got the killer stun, the pallet hit. The killer should have been stunned. He might have Enduring and Spirit Fury or something so it looks like he wasn't stunned much.

If you time it wrong the teammate won't be dropped -- you have to wait until after the pickup animation is done or it won't work. You have to wait the right amount of time before the killer will be stunned to drop the victim. If you do it too early nothing happens. I'm thinking server lag resulted in you misjudging the timing. Happens a lot with things that are very timing-sensitive in this game, like lunges over windows and corners.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I've done a few 'Killer Stun' actions being rewarded the stun points but the stun itself doesn't happen. Just a peer to peer issue, probably the game just derping out because it's overloaded with different stuff all going on at once.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The scoring event Killer Stun would pop up regardless of when you dropped it. Your timing was off.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

If he didn't get stunned it means you dropped the pallet too early.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Odds are you dropped the pallet a little early. You'll get the stun points, but the game won't stun the killer because they're currently in another animation. We tried queuing up the stun so it would happen after the pickup animation finished, but it came with a lot of negative feedback so the change was reverted.

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

I was very confused today too i dropped a pallet after pickup animation didnt get stun or stun points the killer just kinda lagged i guess ahead of the pallet? I swear i timed it fine he was stood centre of the pallet and when i dropped it he was at the other side didnt get stunned and just walked off i just put it down to lag since i think that game had over 130 ping sometimes lagging into hits etc happens

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

I had a similar situation happen to me the other day where I dropped the pallet to save my friend on the killer's shoulder. I got the points for the pallet stun, but the killer did not get stunned, my friend stayed on the shoulder, AND I got hit by their M1.

How does that make any sense?