Stop killers dropping obsession to the hook to prevent decisive!

Plz...

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Orion said:
    It's called "dribbling", and is the only thing even resembling a counter that DS has. DS itself is a ridiculously easy perk to use. I just tried it in KYF for the first time, and the success area is absolutely enormous. I thought it was the same width as a great skill check in a generator, but now I have no idea how ANY Survivors EVER miss that skill check.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    You can counter dribbling easily
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Just don't die next to a hook 4Head.

Seriously though, if you die next to a hook with decisive you deserve to be hooked. You could have used your brain just a tiny bit and died somewhere else.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited July 2018

@PolarBear said:
    Just don't die next to a hook 4Head.

Seriously though, if you die next to a hook with decisive you deserve to be hooked. You could have used your brain just a tiny bit and died somewhere else.

If he had a brain, then he wouldnt need DS :wink:

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    edited July 2018

Probably the complete opposite case. Imagine you're great at looping but they finally get you. Well surprise you got DS! So now you're OP x2 - It just enhances your potential to be a bigger pain. THIS was the true problem with DS. It being way too good to pass up. Same with Self Care and SB before the nerf.

• Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46

If you want to really get good at the game don't use Decisive Strike. The game is more fun and more scary (this is a horror game) with incentives to stay out of arm's length of the killer. DS breaks that immersion in its current state. It also punishes the killer for success while the survivor gets rewarded for failure.

Game balance should mean every tool your opponent has comes with a tool for you to counter it. Right now the best counter to DS is dribbling. Keep in mind that dribbling gives teammates extra chances to flashlight blind and to body block the killer's path to the hook. There is a trade-off.