Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Object of Obsession should not exist.

2»

Comments

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

If there is one way I would fix Object of Obsession and keep it how it is currently, I would make it so the aura reading is exhausted after a certain amount of time. Say like, you have 30 seconds of reading the Killer's aura before the perk runs out and goes blank the rest of the match. Meaning it isn't just something you can use constantly.

OoO is broken because the aura reading and feedback is constant; and while they have view of the only major danger of the game, the Killer only gets 1/4 of the dangers he has to eliminate.

• Oberon
    Oberon Member Posts: 84

"They are the power role"

You haven't played killer lately have you? The killer has to struggle constantly to make up for everything the survivors are capable of accomplishing. Between gen speeds and second chance perks, the killer starts the game in a position of weakness, hunting for survivors and desperately trying to stop gen progression; meanwhile, survivors start the game in a position of strength. Especially with SWF (as it gives them three free aura reading perks).

Regardless of whether OoO should exist, the game is heavily tilted toward survivors. Play killer at prime time in the mid to high ranks, and you'll learn.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

And today I got my first SWF with multiple OoO... not nice to go against, but I was playing Nurse, so I could do something, nevertheless handicapped by the cooldown...

I begin to feel... serious issues coming against the killers...

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Once again my post was a joke, i thought the "goof around with friends" part made it obvious.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

Doesn’t allow the killer to mind game during looping? I thought it only works when you are out of the killers terror radius? Which means you shouldn’t be able to see the aura while in chase. The only exception to this which I’m assuming is a glitch is with Freddy who you can see all the time. Although I think he needs to have the add on paintbrush equipped.

even if you can see where the killers are placing traps, if they are on the other side of the map you have to remember the exact place where they put it. Who has time to go looking and destroy every trap when you see one placed. I’d rather be doing gens. And trying to describe to other survivors where that location is.... If you try to remember where the traps are to avoid them, well that could be a lot of traps in different locations, I feel like you’d be worse off because you’ll be second guessing or hesitating before running through things. Killers tend to place them in similar spots every time so you get an idea where they are anyway.

in regards to SWF. Yes you can communicate as to where the killer is but reality is, at least one of you know where the killer is without OoO anyway which can still be communicated. Is dark sense too OP also? Or kindred? Or alert? Or any of those other perks?

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

"If running a perk to counter another broken mechanic is our idea of counters, then it runs directly contrary to what was stated the intention of perks are. If a killer or survivor for that matter had to account for every mechanic and issue they MIGHT come across, then perks are no longer there to express a particular playstyle. Instead they're there to act as a pretend fix."

While I do agree with this conceptually, I also heavily disagree with it practically. Why?

Slugging is currently only countered by no mither and unbreakable. Its a broken killer mechanic and the only way to counter it, is to run a perk. If we apply this to ingame matters, then survivors should be able to pick themselves up regardless of perks.

(semi-)Camping and survivor tunneling is only really countered by Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike(wiggling included on DS, since wiggling is a fairly useless mechanic for survivors). Those are 2 perks that are used against a relatively broken killer mechanic, because there is no other way to counter it. So should survivors gain a moment of immunity when unhooked in the killer's radius regardless of Borrowed Time? Should they get a free decisive strike if they are downed within 1 minute after being unhooked regardless? I mean, if you fully agree to this being basic game mechanics, then sure, im all up for nerfing OoO.

Killers are already complaining on how "broken" unbreakable, borrowed time and decisive strike are. Yet they are literally perks used to counter game mechanics. So if you shouldnt need a perk or addon to counter OoO, then survivors shouldnt need those perks to counter killer mechanics.

But im fairly certain you're gonna disagree with me there.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

It’s fine

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Devs: We noticed that Object was OP against stealth Killers because it gave SWF extreme awareness of them at all times so we added Undetectable as a band-aid fix that also nerfed all the low-tier aura Perks Survivors have.

Every other Killer in existence that suffers from the exact same issue with Object: