Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What Licensed Killer/Survivor should be next?

They added Demogorgon due to the show's popularity, I don't feel like he fits in the lore as he is not a killer, its more a beast... but the good thing is that it means the entity is more lenient than it used to be.

Xenomorph was one that people mentioned a lot due to its beast like nature being comparable to Demogorgon. Could work in fun ways.

I think The Cenobites could be a nice one too, even if they have about the same amount of power as the entity, Pinhead, would be a nice addition to the roster.

Child's Play, Leprechaun, Gremlins, etc would be weird due to size.

What do you think? Maybe videogame characters, creepypastas, SCPs, urban legends. what would you like to see being adapted into Dead by Daylight?

Best Answer

Answers

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

There's rumors of a killer from The Shining or maybe Pinhead being added. I'd like to see the old Universal movie monsters like Wolfman or creature of the Black Lagoon added.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@sobrat1

We can't really know for sure who will be next... I for one would love an original Killer to be added next!

But we'll just have to wait and see.

• Chucky from Child's Play will not work. He's way too short; same with the Leprechaun. Do you really think you have a chance playing as him in Coldwind Farm or Backwater Swamp? And don't even get me started with Yamaoka Estate!

How about The Nun from the Conjuring franchise? I'd like for there to be a Killer that's totally paranormal, which The Nun would work well as.

The Nun's Perks could be Manifestation, Possession & Shadow-Walking.

Manifestation: The Nun projects an image of herself walking close to the furthest three generators along with her Terror Radius at the start of the match. The length of the projection and Terror Radius increases with the level.

Possession: After striking the Obsession, all of the Obsession's abilities are of regression. Any repairs done on a Generator will actually undo any progress made to the Generator and damage it. The regression will not be shown to the Obsession and it will appear as if the Generator is being repaired. Attempting to heal other Survivors puts them in the dying state, if they aren't already. No progress will be made in any attempt to heal another Survivor in the dying state. Searching a Chest will use up all of the charges of any item that is in the Chest. Similar to how The Plague's Vile Purge works, the Obsession will have to find a pool of Holy Water. The first strike to the Obsession does not cause any damage, only Possession. There is no indicator for the Obsession that they've been hit or possessed for the first strike and will not be granted a short burst of speed after the hit. The Nun will hear the sound of the hit. Other Survivors in the map will hear The Entity whispering after the Obsession has been possessed.

Shadow-Walking: After being stunned by three pallets, grants the ability to walk through the next and every one thereafter. The Nun doesn't have to perform vaults. She walks through all vault locations. Cooldown periods are involved.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

i would like to see Cthulhu but it's probably impossible that devs will add him in the game

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    edited November 2019

The Porcupine man from Fringe. It has spines on its back it could use in a mori. Straighten the spines out and roll over the survivor with them and stand up. The dead survivor slides off them onto the ground.

Peter and Olivia could be a cool pair of survivors. I'd rather see Walter go into the fog and give old Bill and Ash some company. I want an old man crew. Walter could have botched some experiment and wound up there with the monster on his own.

Walter is a smart inventive guy he could probably find a way to make med kits and tool boxes work in place of the other to a degree. He could get an efficiency bonus to using them as well because he has mechanical and surgical experience. Give him something called a fathers love where he can instantly heal someone and force himself to need to mend to prevent becoming injured. Being around for the 60s and 70s, being a doctor and scientist, head of defense department and eccentric older man could provide numerous cosmetic inspirations.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    edited November 2019

Cthulhu can be whatever Cthulhu wants to be but yes, most of the time he's giant. Oh, plus there's that whole old one aspect. Sorry if this comes off as rude, wasn't my intention.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Dennis Nedry and The Spitter.

• Cornpopers_Evan

As much as I'd love to see SCP's join the game it would be a tremendous hassle to do so, so we most likely won't ever see that happen.

Now, as I stated a few times already, I'd honestly love if they'd go after a video game franchise next. I'd would adore it if they got with Capcom and made a Resident Evil chapter. Preferably with Jill and Nemesis but I'd be happy with anything RE.

• HeyZeus
    HeyZeus Member Posts: 14

Well 3 of the Devs followed Stephen King on Twitter.. my guess is Pennywise is next or they plan to make an original killer with inspiration from SK.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    edited November 2019

No no, not rude at all. Admittedly I have not read any of Lovecraft's books, but I am familiar with his work. From the outside looking in so to speak, I was just assuming Cthulhu was a giant creature, purely based on everything I've seen of him.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Chucky!

The only way he could really work with his small size is if he has built in wallhacks that allows him to see survivors through walls/bushes ect. Now onto his powers I think he should play a bit like Fred/Hag where he can place traps aka Good Guy dolls that allow him to travel around the map easily, if a survivor disturbs one they could say various phrases like "Hi I'm Tommy! I'm your friend to end! Hidey Ho! Hahaha!" ect. For hooking, Chucky can hold a knife to the players neck and climb on their back during the pickup animation while bringing them to the hook. I'd even go as far as giving him custom hooking animation where he ties them to the hook base with jump-rope. We could get various skins like Good Guy Doll Chucky, Burnt Chucky, Knifehand Chucky, Scarred Chucky and maybe even a Tiffany skin.

• Cornpopers_Evan

If you have any remote interest in weird/existential horror then I HIGHLY suggest some of Lovecraft's work. Just for a warning though, Lovecraft during the beginning of his work was pretty xenophobic and it does come through in his early work. Whatever you do, don't look up the name of his cat.

• sobrat1
    sobrat1 Member Posts: 45

I read every Lovecraft Mythos stories. My issue with adding any creature is that they aren't killers they are monsters. And many of them are more powerful than DBD's Entity.

Someone mentioned the Creature from the Black Lagoon, andmaybe a Shadow Over Innsmouth type of killer could work.

Maybe Lovecraftian-inspired could be the way. Someone that served the entity in life. Could even be tied to Vigo or another character already in the lore.

Pennywise is too powerful to be caught by the entity, right? I don't know maybe.

But I am glad to see your opinions. I thought Chucky would be silly but you guys shed some light on him. Could work. :)

• Cornpopers_Evan

I personally disagree, monsters most certainly can be killers but what truly distinguishes one from another is their intelligence level and goals. Let's compare the Demogorgon to Pumpkinhead for this example. The Demogorgon, at least from what we know currently is a simple creature, it does what it does to survive but also to serve. Usually it serves the MF but is now obedient and TRAINED by the Entity to serve it and ultimately that's what the Entity wants.

Now, Pumpkinhead for all intent and purpose is also a monster but a highly intelligent one at that. A creature that loves too toy with its prey and then once captured finds the most painful way possible to kill you. It knows what it's doing and will stop at nothing to achieve its goal. So yeah, as much as I disagree, I get the whole, "I want slasher type characters" but after having that for so long, it just got samey for me.

Also, don't loose hope about Chucky, not to long ago the devs stated they actually were talking about Chucky and how he could work

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

PENNYWISE for sure but i would love to see the cenobites or at least Pinhead. I feel like Chucky and possibly Jason need to somehow make their way into the game since they're the only two realllly iconic slashers left

• sobrat1
    sobrat1 Member Posts: 45

It got samey for sure... I guess i'm just restricting it too much. I should probably just appreciatethem being creative with original characters that can fit the lore and just allow my suspension of disbelief to accept the licensed killers that don't exactly fit.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

I'm all for Pennywise or Carrie, honestly

• Patiencehero
    Patiencehero Member Posts: 54

Gonna throw a shout to the old school here and say if they want to explore the video game space, Scissorman -yes, that's his real name- from Clock Tower (fairly beloved in horror gaming) would be a good fit.

He even has kind of a built in power in his home game that could be reproduced fairly easily - he'd frequently pop out of random items (hampers, closets, vents, etc) to start chases out of nowhere. So Power one could allow him to mark a locker, and power 2 could teleport him to it and allow him to pop out of it at will.

It also doesn't hurt that there hasn't been a new Clock Tower in a good while, so the license would likely be cheap.

Oh yeah, and he also has probably one of the best chase themes in horror game history.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited November 2019

Childplay. Though the problem with them doing chucky that's probably going to keep them from ever doing it, isn't his size but rather what they can use from the series. As some of you may know, the rights after the first film got pretty messy with two studios basically sharing the property, and creative rights being nutty.

The height can definitely be worked around.

1. Can't carry survivors to get on the hook? Just reuse the assets of the Endgame collapse sacrifice animation, i mean its already in the game. have chucky perform a ritual on the spot on the ground or have him drag them to a shrine like hook. Its already in his character.
    2. Can't see over objects? We could always try out a third person camera or a psuedo over the shoulder, where the fov and height are the same as the normal small killer ones. Can tie it to a power or be his base ability.

I hope they can do TV stuff again next year. TV series like Slasher and American Horror Story have a huge of alumni to choose from.

An RE2 or RE7 chapter would be cool too.

Jason hopefully if they can get the rights.

• ZechsMQ
    ZechsMQ Member Posts: 2

Wouldn't have to be next, but I would really like to see Kelly Maxwell from Ash vs. Evil Dead on the survivor side at some point.

• carters_spark
    carters_spark Member Posts: 102
  • carters_spark
    carters_spark Member Posts: 102

that was hillarious ? 

?

?

?

?

?

?

?