Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Nintendo Switch DBD always behind?

HeyZeus
HeyZeus Member Posts: 14
edited November 2019 in Ask the Community

Ps4 player here. I finished tome 1, grinded the heck out of blood hunt weekend and am very much enjoying the event. I purchased DBD for Nintendo Switch to play when I'm not at home to get ma fix.

Question: Will the Nintendo version ever be on par with all other platforms? Example is that the Halloween Event and Rift are currently not active on Nintendo.

I know it's early but was just curious if they have plans to make Nintendo catch up with other platforms or will it always be behind/lacking some content?

Thanks guys.

Best Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Answer ✓

@HeyZeus

Don't be discouraged! That version of DBD is still quite new, and due to the licensing issues with some Killers... you won't be receiving them any time soon!

As for the event and Archives, the Switch version has a lot less data in the game itself... and it's most likely being worked on to add that into the Switch version for the future! You might not get the event but you'll eventually get The Archives when they figure that out.

(Note, this is speculation though... and official statement has not yet been said. So please take what I said with a grain of salt.)

• FireHazard
    Answer ✓

@HeyZeus

An update on the Switches situation, as I stated before its basically the same... but its an official statement this time :D

"We are still working on getting the update ready for the Nintendo Switch. In testing, we discovered some platform specific issues that prevented us from releasing the mid-chapter at the same time as other platforms. We are currently testing a potential build and hope to release it as soon as we are confident with its performance. The Switch will jump straight to version 3.2.2 when the update goes live."

Answers

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

We don't even have Freddy and Leatherface, of course we're behind

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

They said we would still get the perks for Freddy and Leatherface and we didn't. Even BBQ was in the shrine, but they replace it for ruin in the switch... I was like C'mon!

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2019

violent disturbing video games on a nintendo console? if you'd told 9 year old me that this was going to be a thing ..😂

• HeyZeus
    HeyZeus Member Posts: 14

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm in not in a massive rush but glad to hear it's going to jump right up with the other platforms. I wonder if that means the release of Nightmare and Cannibal as well.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Consoles in general are always behind as they're but an afterthought.

• FireHazard

Well, the reason cannibal and Nightmare are not in the switch version could be caused by many things... licensing issues for one is the main issue...

And maybe Nintendo doesn't want them there anyways...

But it's good to hope for the future! I mean, Bill came to the other consoles so why not Freddy and Bubba?

• Cul13n
    Cul13n Member Posts: 11

They haven’t updated us at all. No eta and technical problems is just shite. I emailed them and they don’t give any clear answers. Even when I asked specifically why we were excluded from the shrine (that had bbq) and they ignored the question.

Its already taken a massive dip in player numbers, I can see why. No real time seems to be going into making the game whole and they don’t even throw us a bone in the way of dlc/cosmetics/blood hunts. Fair enough if there’s work to do on the game but don’t advertise and sell it as “definitive edition”. It’s more like a mini edition - we have less content than all the other platforms and paid a higher premium for the pleasure.

The team (if there is one) working on the switch version are utter shitehawks!

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

I think we'll at least get perks from the missing characters since we've only had one Bubba perk (Knock Out) few weeks ago