Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Nurse is bad, the changes are not good

coppersly
coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

I still hate how unfun and punishing just using your power the way you're supposed to feels

I hate constantly losing a 2nd blink due to 99% charge

I hate the loss in map pressure

I hate how you blink less often, meaning you're just an m1 killer for more of the match than before

I hate how easy it is to completely stall chases to the extreme now

In most of my games they were able to get so much distance from the cooldown I would constantly lose chase over and over in what used to be regular chases... Devs this is just a terrible change and there are seriously so many better ways to tone her down and still make her a fun and viable killer.

This Nurse is not fun. I don't care if it's viable, she feels so unfun and just bad to play now. I have uninstalled and barely try to keep in the community, just enough to catch wind if they ever undo this horrid change.

Post edited by coppersly on

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154

millenial balance approved, the autistic screeching stopped and now they are parroting the next killer to be "unfun"

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Something to think about...

What popular streamers main nurse? How many popular survivor mains hated nurse?

There is Huntress mains (plenty of them) and there is a lot of Billy mains, and a few others.

Remember when they tried to make the Huntress hitboxes more fair for survivors? Was it reverted?

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

This doesn't make sense. If you couldn't play her before (cuz difficult) you should have even more trouble now with her since addons and basekit is nerfed.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Her blink recharge speed should be increased by a bit. I love her new addons, though. Especially Spasmodic Breath. I can't help but giggle like a maniac when I hit someone and start hovering as fast as trapper. Most fun I've had with the game in a while.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Her add-ons work better for me. I even like shortening the blink distance. I always had the problem of either blinking so far past the survivor I could no longer find them, or, trying not to go too far, would just blink into the wall for not holding the button long enough. Do keep in mind that I play on console.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

The reason why base Nurse was changed was because Nurse mains could literally triangulate her blinks and force a survivor into a box and the only counterplay was having an object in her blink vector or using an exhaustion perk within the blinks or predicting her blink and moving away from it. I'm honestly fine with the changes since I see Nurse actually functional on console and not insanely strong on pc.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

"NEW NURSE STILL ISN'T GOOD"

Implying old nurse wasn't good?

Yes, right.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited November 2019

I don't get why people find this so hard to believe? A beginner nurse will usually be fighting against beginner survivors, unless it's a killer main with thousands of hours on other killers before trying nurse.

I got 4k on my first Nurse game. Rank 20. Blinked and walked around to kill 2 of them on hook, then got into a 3-gen defense against the last two. They eventually caved and died. These kinds of games are common at Rank 20 no matter what killer you're using.

Playing nurse as a beginner is hard, but playing survivor as a beginner is even harder.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

You and i have the exact same opinion, although i play on pc. I hate staring at the power bar too

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Yes, playing as beginner as either killer or survivor is hard, but there is difference once you mastered them

Nurse is punished (nerfed) for being good at killing survivors. Now spirit is on the chopping block because "no counterplay" and "overperforming"

Survivors, on the other hand, don't get punished for being too efficient on gen or infinitely looping the killer because "it's killer's fault for not pressuring enough or too bad at chase"

Either way, killers are punished, and later it will be lobby stimulator

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2019

A beginner nurse doesn't mean you start at rank 20, beginner nurses means anyone who starting to use the nurse and they can vary in what rank they try out nurse.

Yeah, that nice 4K you got were against new, very inexperienced survivors, compared to you where you know how the game works, how to pressure survivors, etc. (what im saying is you are very experienced). It doesn't matter what killer you play against these survivors, the very experienced killer vs the very inexperience survivor results in a free 4K.

Sure playing as a very new survivor is difficult, but it's easier to learn and master a survivor compared to learning and mastering a nurse (especially now, as a new nurse you need to put in even more effort making it so that its not even worth playing nurse)

• coppersly

You have me there. It should be "New Nurse isn't good. There was zero feedback taken into account and the fun factor that made her enjoyable has been completely butchered and is now janky as a car with 4 different tires."

There was always counterplay no matter how good you are as Nurse. They can always change course at the last second, they can fake running after LOS, etc. To say that they have literally no choice in the matter if the Nurse is good is a false argument. She could just read them very well and they didn't know how to change it up. If they did you wouldn't be getting downed in a few seconds.

Now, even if you are a good player who can read well it doesn't matter because the time it takes to actually catch up after finding them is SOOOOO long, and one single mistake means the chase is entirely reset. I couldn't do even a tenth of what I was able to on old Nurse with the new changes. It felt so janky, punishing, and just outright BAD. I felt like I was a weak B tier killer. My skill level was not nearly as important as the timer on the blinks constantly limiting your play potential.

When I first started the game I thought Nurse was trash because I had no idea how to use her. Now, after hundreds of hours of use in sweaty games where I could actually win, she feels as weak as she did the first time I tried her, and about as fun as someone who doesn't know that blinks are an integral part of her EVERYTHING. Now they hinder her and punish her for using them despite needing to. Reminds me of old Freddy where his power was worse for him than it was good.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

nurse got worse for sure but she is still very strong. but they killed the whole fun with nurse. no one likes to wait for the blink cooldown so unfun. another killer into the trash can for me.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

so you mean you don't win every game? isn't that how every killer works?

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I mean, I still think she's like the second best killer. Spirit is only the best because she has insane add-ons ( and I am not talking only about Prayer Beads ). I understand why pepple don't find her fun anymore, but she's really good. However, if you get a big map like Rotten Fields against a decent team as the new Nurse, you better have Ruin and add-ons for recharge time and/or range, otherwise, RIP.

• coppersly

I agree 100%. Until she is playable again I'm doing as Cyote advised and playing different games. Ones that actually try and make the experience enjoyable...

Yeah no matter if she is still strong or not it doesn't matter; why would you play something so unfun, janky, and punishing? Before she was fun and rewarded skill. New Nurse isn't fun and is more of an endurance challenge before you punch a wall from frustration.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

still isnt good?

what do you mean still she was op and now shes just very good

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

It is not even fun playing against her now that is probably the reason why I rarely see her at all anymore.

After spirit we should look at billy;bubba those instadowns as basepower are way too strong. Also there should be more cooldown to it, i think bhvr have somebody who likes to slap cds around so do your thing there too.

A cd for hag would be nice as well so she just can not seal off an area of the map. Huntress hatchets need real work, iri needs to go and the hit registration should also be looked at drasticly. Right now facing a huntress is facing a broken killer that can hit you across the map whether you are behind cover or not, the hitboxes are just garbage, completely unfun and negating skill of the survivor.

• AGuyNamedKane
    AGuyNamedKane Member Posts: 71

She's still a fantastic killer, players just need to adjust with the changes a bit. Adapt and you'll conquer.

• Actually there is , since it's more punishing for misses - high risk high reward .

• xRem
    xRem Member Posts: 375

Entitlement translator:

Killer want strong killer but was willing for balance in what was broken.

However until every killer is bubba tier its. Broken.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Adapt? You mean the same way survivors adapted to her by begging for help? Will do.

• coppersly

Exactly. There is nothing to adapt here. She didn't get any other play options, only limitations.

All you can do to adapt is not play her and find someone else more fun to play.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

/s

No, you can make people scream right now and blink back to where you came from.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I am not a main nurse, but nurse is unfun to play right now. And I had 2K in my last game (I am not good with her). Before the changes she was fun to play with. The four seconds is too much for a killer that needs his power because she is slower. The devs said "because after the fatigue you need to orient again" but the truth is... you know exactly where you are and you don't need it. At the moments the survivors bully her so much because even if you use add-ons you are still punished by using her power.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

a nurse main could literally blink in front of you while 180 then blink behind you to predict your basic movement and if you didn't turn around they would just hit you, I literally don't see the counterplay in this and I endured it for years in red ranks even with timed Dead Hards and the only way it's countered it by blocking the nurse with an object. The devs knew for a while that Nurse could completely sidestep any mobile capability survivors had and buffed stealth perks to compensate, then they nerfed survivor hitboxes and pallet animations/vacuum so it made Nurse easier. I only learned how to play Nurse so I could find the janky blink spot locations that Marth and Truetalent used to get stuck in.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

My fiance is now playing nurse on console and destroying whereas before they struggled to down 1 person. She's fine balance wize in my experience. If anything she's easier to learn now with flannel being common.

Being unfun is subjective, but that's a whole other conversation.