[Balance Changes / Survivor Item] Key needs some love

Options

Key is an extremely situational item that has very very limited use. Having a perk that makes you drop it (Franklin's Demise), not to mention how difficult it is to find again after dropped; I think the key could use an add on to counter dropping it.
Considering if a player is aware of the "formula" for the hatch to appear in the game: Current amount of alive survivors +1, making it always a minimum of 2 (you are the last survivor +1... 1+1=2) generators. With this in mind, the incredibly limited use potential of the key needs to have something in place to make the survivor hold onto it despite the killer having a perk to make you drop items.

In my opinion: the key is too weak and too limited use on it's own and needs to be "buffed" for a specific scenario (Franklin's Demise).

Also please remove the green key from in-game chests. Feels really bad when you spend the 10~ seconds to search a chest and there is a dog turd (green key) inside of it. *the item is literally unusable when found from a chest.

Comments

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2018
    Options

An item that literally can give you a free escape in front of the killer while being chased? It's strong enough and you already have 3 ways to prevent from losing it 2 add-ons and 1 offering. Also most lobbies with keys get dodged most of the time, because nobody wants to play against people with keys. If you hate finding green keys then take Ace in the Hole. It's actually a decent perk if you have plunderers too. And I don't mind what I find from chests personally. The fact that you can actually find something valuable in a chest filled with junk is pretty amazing. 8-)

• Gem
    Gem Member Posts: 37
    Options

I always feel so sad when I open a chest and get a broken key! IF they implemented a system for recycling items those would be the first to go for me! <3

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2018
    Options

@MeowLux said:
    An item that literally can give you a free escape in front of the killer while being chased? It's strong enough and you already have 3 ways to prevent from losing it 2 add-ons and 1 offering. Also most lobbies with keys get dodged most of the time, because nobody wants to play against people with keys. If you hate finding green keys then take Ace in the Hole. It's actually a decent perk if you have plunderers too. And I don't mind what I find from chests personally. The fact that you can actually find something valuable in a chest filled with junk is pretty amazing. 8-)

You find people who use keys? lol

Why would nobody want to play versus people with keys when people don't use keys to begin with? I really do not see it happening across any rank.

You talk like it's some miraculous trump card, when in reality, it's a troll item used only in SWF to get an achievement. Even then, it's only one person using it because it's pointless to have more than one. I doubt most people would even recognize a key in a lobby to begin with.