Killers Regress Exit Gates

Options
Rezblaze
Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
edited November 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Simple mechanic. Sometimes its difficult to defend Exit Gates and there's not really a chance to take action against it. You just watch helplessly as they 99% tap a generator. Against a 4 Man team with nobody you managed to sacrifice, that'll be frustrating, even if its all Pugs.

They should allow a Killer to regress Exit Gate progress similar to how you can regress generators. This will give them a bit more defensibility. After a Killer hits an Exit Gate, it will spark and slowly regress until it reaches 0.

Maybe it would be interesting if Surveillance worked on Exit Gates too.

Comments

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

Agreed. It's annoying when survivors 99 a gate just so they don't trigger end game. Either have killers regress it, or have survivors lock on the handle when they hit 80 percent so it loads up completely

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,660
    Options

Or just open it yourself if you see it 99

• Rezblaze
    Options

And that's supposed to benefit the killer, how?

The dumbest idea is to invoke an end-game collapse via opening the exit gates.

You're giving them a free out.

• SkeletalElite
    Options

If the gate is 99 its practically open anyways so you may as well just start the collapose

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

You shouldn’t be playing to defend the exits after 5 gens are done. If you are, Remember Me, Blood Warden, NOED, etc. Don’t let 5 gens get done. I don’t mean that to sound like “uh doy git gud.”

• Rezblaze
    Options

Or...

We can implement this and not have to worry about more things in the game that's outside our control?

• Rezblaze
    Options

This mentality is why people DC.

"Why should I keep playing if the game, at this point, is completely outside my control?"

At no point in any game should the player feel like they have no control or way to control a situation.

Also, its not an argument to say, "You should be playing like this" especially in regards to end-game. When your entire point is to be like "Don't let them win, duh." Then you don't have a point. The concept of a regressing exit gate just sounds too scary.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited November 2019
    Options

Regressing exit gate sounds scary? Lol

if you’ve lost 5 gens and you haven’t killed anyone, I hate to break it to you, you’re not getting a 4K unless it’s a swf that’s feels bad for you and is going to meme their own death

Also, that’s not “why people DC” - people whom rage DC can’t keep their emotions in check, accept defeat, and move on. That’s not so much a criticism as it is describing what’s happening in that particular moment

”you should never feel like you don’t have control” spoken like a control loving person :)

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

So please tell me, what is/are endgame build/perks?

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

This is a horrible idea. I understand perfectly where you are coming from, but this isn't something that should ever be implemented. While the game, IMO, is biased on killers, you still have to give the survivors A CHANCE to escape... Being able to regress a door is ridiculous when you already have the option of regressing a gen (and the killer perk: pop goes the weasel).

Ultimately, you have plenty of opportunities to prevent them from opening those doors, but also to prevent them from even finishing all 5 gens. And before you ask, I also main as killer and this idea is poo poo. Sorry..

• Irvin
    Irvin Member Posts: 130
    Options

I'd be fine with this if the gates were spread out more. As the gates are right now its complete RNG which I also like. Can either be really close or really far, if regression was implemented to them then they would need to be further away and not right next to each other.

• SkeletalElite
    Options

Saying it's outside of your control because they have the exit gate is 99 is like saying you should be able to get piece reset when someone gets checkmate in chess. They've already achieved their goal you were supposed to prevent getting to that point in the first place.

I doubt it would make a big difference anyways. Going to regress an exit gate would means losing whoever is on the hook/being chased 95% of the time and the other 4% of the time it wont matter because the survivors will have the gate 99 but open it before you have the opportunity to regress it. The only reason for a survivor to leave the gate after the gate its 99 is to help their team. If you're going to the gate that means they either A) have no team to help that aren't also going to the gate (since you don't have a hooked, downed, or chased survivor) or B) by going to the gate you have left your only leverage on the survivors (usually a downed or hooked survivor) unguarded and are now going to lose it. Also if you were to leave whoever you have hooked or downed to regress an exit not only do you risk losing the survivor you already had but you also risk not even regressing the gate because another survivor was still waiting at the gate while the save happened.

I know that's not how it plays out now because survivors leave the 99 gate after its 99 since it's safe to do so. If this change were implemented survivors would just adapt by not leaving the gate without a reason to do so, the same way they adapted to just 99ing gates when the end game collapse hits. The first and foremost purpose of the end game collapse was to stop the game from being held hostage, not to be a second chance for you to kill the entire team after you already failed the first time.

• Rezblaze
    Options

By your logic, Pop Goes shouldn't be a perk, because the Survivors already got that amount of progress on a Gen done and that's their objective, so its your fault for letting them get that far.

The rest of what you said is just being dismissive and saying things I never said, like suggesting I thought End Game Collapse was ever meant to give killers a second chance. Or that this idea was somehow meant to be completely meta-changing and because it isn't it somehow invalidates any suggestion I made.

An idea doesn't have to be grand or meta-changing to be considered.

• Rezblaze
    edited November 2019
    Options

Its almost like video games are meant to be played and not sat through watching other people do things. Its almost like control is a necessary function for video games to even function properly and to produce fun for the player.

But no, just jump on some ad hominem 'control freak' insult and be on your way. Not like you had anything of value to add anyway.