DC Ban system idea

Options

So, it does not matter which side you play, DC'ing is bad. If you are killer and survivors DC the fun is gone. If you are survivor and at least 2 players dc your hopes of survival are just in Nea's hands. If you are killer and you DC you are equally as bad. So, since we have dedicated servers and I assume that the testing period should be either over or close to over, this is my list of bans:

1st DC - no penalty. I can understand when you HAVE to dc, idk, when your mum sends you to buy bread and she don't get the point of an Online game. This is obvs just an example but you get the ideea.

2nd DC - 15 minutes ban

3rd DC - 30 minutes ban

4th DC - 2 hours ban

5th DC - 12 hours ban

6th DC - 24 hours ban

7th DC - 3 days ban

8th DC - 1 week ban

ban = the innability to queue as the role you dc'ed. If you are a dc survivor then you at best can play killer and vice-versa.

If you dc now but then don't DC for X ammount of time then you would go to a tier down. So, to explain this, you DC'ed 3rd time and you got the 30 minute ban. If you have a good behaviour (no pun lul) and don't DC for a long time, next time yo mama sends you to buy bread you will be on 2nd DC or even 1st, depending how long you didn't DC. In this way you encourage people to play the game and to not DC.

Another thing that could be added are good behaviour rewards, like at the end of the season if you have no DC's you should get some small rewards, either some cosmetics or iridescent shards or charms.

Also, since we have dedicated servers they should also implement a system where it detects whether the player has DC'ed or the game crashed or the server crashed.

Comments

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562
    Options

I like it a lot. I just had 2 people DC and cost me a pip because of it.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
    Options

The problem right now is that some DC's are entirely the games fault and not the actual players. Crashing while loading into a game is frequent which looks like a DC, Infinite loading screens (thought not as common now) and a few other things that may happen. I do agree that dcing must be punished as it's getting ridiculous now but it could lead to unfair punishments if it wasn't actually the player fault.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225
    Options

mentioned this at the end of the post, they should make it so it detects whether it was the player that DC'ed or game's fault or server's fault and in case it was not player's fault they must NOT get banned

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,966
    Options

Ban should be for both roles.

Also, we shouldn't be rewarding players for playing the game normally. Its like giving a kid candy for brushing their teeth.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    Options

This is a ranked game, when someone disconnects the game should grant a safety pip to remaining players by default and perhaps the "punishment" might be the disconnecting player loses 2 pips.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
    edited November 2019
    Options

It's a bit more complicated than you think. If they did that then people will find ways to abuse it. For example if they know that the devs won't punish players who have crashed then a player could simply alt+tab out of the game, go to task manager and force the game to close looking like a crash.

Other than that I do agree with your suggestions and how long they should be punished per dc :)

• raulblideran
    Options

I wouldn't agree to be on both sides and I believe that rewards are a good ideea as this would encourage players to behave nicely. It's more like a christmas gift if you are a nice kid. You can't change a stupid's person's mind unless you pay them, and in this case i believe it should be a fair trade.

• raulblideran
    Options

That safety pip is not a bad ideea but I believe that if you don't punish the DC'ing hard than you can't stop it, and atm it's a big issue.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,966
    Options

The trade is you continue to play the game. DC and your waiting for your next match. The reward for staying is your BP and XP. No additional reward required for what's expected.

A ban on both sides is required or the punishment won't work. Oh I'm ban from playing survivor. I'll just play a killer match for awhile.

On top of this I think serial DC'ers should queue with eachother.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    Options

Well I was thinking how the game reacts when someone disconnects while the match is loading. Usually the participants are granted a black pip. I was also considering the nightmare of three survivors disconnecting within the first two minutes and the solo survivor and killer both depip.

• raulblideran
    Options

YES YES YES, i totally agree that there should be a behaviour rating where people that usually DC to be put together and the ones that play nicely to be forgiven by the entity from the scumbags

• raulblideran
    Options

about ban on boths I could agree with that easily, but imo the rewards for being a good sportsman and play the game nicely should be a thing, either way, rewards or not, the punishment MUST be a thing

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106
    Options

Everyone still thinking how to punish DC instead of how to avoid DCs.

1. Remove the dedicated servers which totaly breaking game experience with matches like my 40ms ping agains killers 400ms ping which happily hitting me over the walls and pallets. If I had 40ms ping in lobby (stable 18ms ping to deadbydaylight.com via cmd) and reaction time of pallet is over 1.5s, i have no reason to stay in this trial. Before the dedicated servers, you can see ping to the killer. That was fair and simply to identify if you want to play or dodge to the better lobby.
    2. If someone DCing in specific cases like a tunneling, stop ignoring feedbacks to sluging, tunneling and camping and do something. Grant the borrowed time as a base kit and stop crying that you cannot kill someone who has been unhooked 1 second ago.
    3. Lot of things has been done for killers (like forcing all survivors to wait until match ends to see killer perks). But who cares about fact that killer can see items in lobby like flashlights, medkits and adapt their perk builds or killer selection? Same situation in trial. Why the killer can see survival health status live in HUD?
  • raulblideran
    Options

A way to avoid it, hmmm, people shouldn't be that butthurt over tunelling/camping/every thing that a killer does? Yes it's frustrating, I agree, but since I play both sides i can understand it sometimes. Yes, when a jerk decides to bubba camp-knob their head-be toxic in post chat lobby I can see that being very stupid

I totally disagree with all 3 things mentioned there. That is just some survivor entitlement there especially at the point 2, after all is the killer's job to kill and as far as I am concerned it's a 4v1 not vice versa thus the reason for the killer's ability to see the items in lobby.

Main survivors should try the other side and stop crying. Same for the killer side.

• raulblideran
    Options

No, it does not make any sense, it would be way too overpowered and then it would render the perk useless, the 2nd chances that survivors have are already enough.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106
    Options

We are talking about the perk which is applied on survival which is saved from the hook for first few seconds. How it may be overpowered? Like that someone will be tunneled 3 more seconds instead insta down under the hook? Really? Guys, whats wrong with you?