A potential fix to camping

Options
GoatyTCO
GoatyTCO Member Posts: 64
edited November 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi, I personally do not run into many players who camp, but in higher ranks, like rank 20 & rank 15, there are a lot of campers & this can be very offputting, especially to newer players.

I think that camping could be worked around by making it so that a players timer on the hook would be slowed down based on how close the killer was from the hook, with a max distance of.. Let's say 24 meters. This would work with the exception of the killer being in a chase, if a survivor is trying to unhook, or leads the killer back to the hook, this should ignore the slowdown and the Survivors countdown should progress as normal.

This wouldn't exactly fix camping entirely, as the player on the hook would still get camped, but it would allow the rest of the players to escape & the camping to be punished accordingly.

A lot of players don't care about the tiny downfall of camping via the emblems, infact, a lot of players don't even know that there's a downfall to it.

I'd love to see everyone's thoughts on this & any suggestions.

Maybe we could push this post to the devs?

Thanks for taking a moment of your time to check out this suggestion!

Edit: I'd like to say that it is a gradual effect within the max range, and also the whole 24 meters thing is just a general idea, I have no idea what would be best when put into practice, that would require a bit of testing.

Post edited by GoatyTCO on

Comments

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

That's just part of the game at those ranks. The killers have no idea it is this is not an effective strategy. Same for survivors crouch walking EVERYWHERE.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I don't think it's going to be as possible as you think it is.

Currently speaking there chase usually only effect the two parties in question the survivor being chased and the killer doing the chasing.

I have never seen any instances of it affecting people outside of that.

• GoatyTCO
    GoatyTCO Member Posts: 64
    Options

@yandere777

Hi, I see your point, but at least it gives other players the opportunity to learn that this allows them to complete other generators. A lot of new players may not get that, and since they may feel like they have to save these poor other players, it allows the killer to easily kill them, so these new players can learn faster from their mistakes. It also punishes the behaviour for the killer, because more survivors will have learnt that they have to take this time to work on gens, whereas now, because a single survivor in the trial hasn't learnt their lesson yet, these other two survivors can't finish all 5 gens in the games current state, especially if that other survivor goes down quickly.

As for survivors crouch walking everywhere, that's never really going to change, except for if they end out adding some kind of proper tutorial to the game.

@Volfawott

In the games current state, does affect nooby survivors who try to save, with this new system, it makes it more noticeable to survivors that this is a time to abuse the killer by working on generators, instead of attempting to save. Of course this issue can never really be truly fixed, but it's a start. Adding this alongside a proper tutorial for newer players to the game, this would be a great way to teach players not to camp, and also to teach how players should deal with campers.

A lot of players don't search up tutorials for games they are new to. Sure, I was one of the people who liked to learn about how to play a game properly after a few matches before ditching it, because I like to learn games properly, but a lot of people don't, and it can really stop them from enjoying the game & deciding to stick with it.

General Note:

Players on the hook who can't be arsed to deal with the camping bullshit can just attempt escape, or they can just give up wiggling on the hook.