Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Does Spine-Chill affect vaulting?

ArcticRage
ArcticRage Member Posts: 27
edited November 2019 in Ask the Community

@Peanits @not_Queen @Patricia

Does spine-chill affect all vaulting speeds (slow, medium and fast)? Would appreciate an official developer response.

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited November 2019

@ArcticRage

Apparently the perk does increase Action Speeds (Except for the Dying State recovery Speed.)

So yes... it does increase vaulting... but it doesn't list that in the description for some reason.

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

It actually does improve vaulting.

It doesn't list it but it is a general action speed increase.

The effect is minimal due to it being only a 6% increase to a very fast action, so it only saves you about 2 frames on a fast vault and 4 frames on a medium vault.

Other things Spine Chill effects (despite being unlisted):

• Mending
    • Snapping out of Madness Tier 3
    • Cleansing
    • Hook rescues (including self rescues)
    • Bear trap escapes (including self escapes)
    • Searching chests
    • Searching jigsaw boxes
    • Opening the exit gate (particularly notable)

The only applicable action that Spine Chill does not effect is recovering from the dying state. Even then it works when healing someone ELSE in the dying state.

• FireHazard

@NuclearBurrito

It doesn't say anywhere in the description that it increases "Action Speed."

Yet, below that on DBD Wiki it says it increases that entire list of Action Speed categories... So the perk should display that in the description that it increases "Action Speeds" as well...

It wasn't really possible for me to answer this question correctly than... if I wasn't aware of those "hidden features" that're not listed...

So, @ArcticRage apparently it does increase vaulting speed.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Yeah the description is bad. But for example the exit gate opening speed is particularly important and has came clutch for me in 1v1 EGC scenarios where I'm 1 second from death (SC saves 1.2 seconds on the exit gate).

The in game action speed indicator is not messed up so you can see for yourself that it will turn yellow when the Killer looks at you. This is how I know it works on Mending which isn't even listed on the wiki.

• FireHazard

Yeah, but it's still misleading if it's not listed in the description above. If it was, this question wouldn't have been asked... so...