If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Unlocking Lore

Options

Is there a reason why the lore must be unlocked via the master challenges in the Tomes? I don't like having to play both roles to do so. I'd like it better if the pages could be unlocked by reaching the end of the Tome taking the path I choose.

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

A mechanical reason? No. Thematically, though, it makes sense that in order to unlock the lore for a certain character, you do challenges for that character, or at least for that character's role. Perhaps there's even a reason for it that has to do with the lore of the archives and the observer themselves, but we don't really have enough information yet to know whether that's the case.

• inutilem
    inutilem Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2019
    Options

@Fibijean The Alchemist isn't a survivor or killer. So there isn't any correlation between the challenges and the lore there. And there is also the Entity category and Revelations category that, for the moment, don't feel to be tied to either killer or survivor side specifically. So, I still see no good reason to have to do the master challenges for both killer and survivor to unlock all of the lore on a Tome.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

So you actually want to do (almost) every challenge in the tome.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

That's a fair point. Although, as I said, there may still be a lore-related reason for it, perhaps to do with the alchemist's interactions with those particular characters, which is yet to be revealed.

• inutilem
    edited November 2019
    Options

@Milo You know, it's been revealed that some challenges require using a flashlight. I don't use flashlights, so, I don't want to do such a challenge.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

So dont do it...? You're not forced to unlock stuff, its just there.

• inutilem
    edited November 2019
    Options

@Milo To unlock the lore, yes, actually I am being forced to do it if I want that lore unlocked. I mean yeah, I can pick not to do it at all. But if I do want that lore, I would be forced to do its challenge to get it. Why does unlocking it have to have a specific challenge designated to do so? That's the point I am making here. I want to pick the challenges for unlocking lore. I don't want to have to do any specific ones to do so.