The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This game deserves to die already

2»

Comments

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

Then the patch came and survivors literally quit and review bombed same day, over perk changes and an exhaustion nerf that effects almost nothing if you don't run like a chicken when not in a chase (because outside of a few ridiculous loops like the one in haddonfield, most killers wouldn't let you get multiple SB's off in a chase anyway, at least not often, assuming they aren't the worst of the worst killers) and tinkerer, which is a killer favored bug, for sure. Bit it's a bug, and it won't even always happen, and outside of that bug, if you don't have anything to slow down gens, tinkerer is almost pointless when not on Billy or nurse

But right there tinkerer (no terror radius after that first generator) is broke but on Billy and the Nurse it is even stronger for the 2 strongest killers in the game. No terror radius come on, and adding more aura reading perks, and the frame rate is still garbage and most maps are unplayable, the hit boxes also seem to have widened.

You took away the hiding aspect of the game to make more chases and then nerfed the chase perks without fixing the looping spots. Meanwhile the game is still a buggy mess and complete garbage on console with the frames dropping. We still have no dedicated servers and the p2p connection just doesn't do it anymore. You can have great ping going in and all of a sudden you have 2-3 second delays to interact with windows, generators, healing, unhooking, and moving.

I think that frustration with the game has been building on all sides both killer and survivor for awhile. I know of a dozen people who use to play and haven't played since April/May. I went from playing everyday to a few times a week or less. It has nothing to do with the exhaustion nerf . It is a pile of things, the wait on console for the 2.0 update had me discovering and playing other games so i played less, Maps with severe frame rate drops actually gives me headaches after an hour or so. I no longer have to play DBD. I feel maybe other people feel the same way. I did not go out of my way to bomb the reviews because i just don't care. For all the people with multiple posts and showing hate for the game there are others that just move on and play something else and don't say a thing.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    fcc2014 said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

Then the patch came and survivors literally quit and review bombed same day, over perk changes and an exhaustion nerf that effects almost nothing if you don't run like a chicken when not in a chase (because outside of a few ridiculous loops like the one in haddonfield, most killers wouldn't let you get multiple SB's off in a chase anyway, at least not often, assuming they aren't the worst of the worst killers) and tinkerer, which is a killer favored bug, for sure. Bit it's a bug, and it won't even always happen, and outside of that bug, if you don't have anything to slow down gens, tinkerer is almost pointless when not on Billy or nurse

But right there tinkerer (no terror radius after that first generator) is broke but on Billy and the Nurse it is even stronger for the 2 strongest killers in the game. No terror radius come on, and adding more aura reading perks, and the frame rate is still garbage and most maps are unplayable, the hit boxes also seem to have widened.

You took away the hiding aspect of the game to make more chases and then nerfed the chase perks without fixing the looping spots. Meanwhile the game is still a buggy mess and complete garbage on console with the frames dropping. We still have no dedicated servers and the p2p connection just doesn't do it anymore. You can have great ping going in and all of a sudden you have 2-3 second delays to interact with windows, generators, healing, unhooking, and moving.

I think that frustration with the game has been building on all sides both killer and survivor for awhile. I know of a dozen people who use to play and haven't played since April/May. I went from playing everyday to a few times a week or less. It has nothing to do with the exhaustion nerf . It is a pile of things, the wait on console for the 2.0 update had me discovering and playing other games so i played less, Maps with severe frame rate drops actually gives me headaches after an hour or so. I no longer have to play DBD. I feel maybe other people feel the same way. I did not go out of my way to bomb the reviews because i just don't care. For all the people with multiple posts and showing hate for the game there are others that just move on and play something else and don't say a thing.

Well see, I can understand the burn out thing, this games been out for a while with unaddressed issues. I also would have preferred them to making looping spots less horrible to deal with as killer, but honestly I don't think they could do THAT without making killer Brain dead. Some spots need to be good for loops, because with proper Mind game on the survivor part, those loops will set an expectation that can be used to help you lose the killer altogether. 

And yea, it sucked we had to wait so long for the curtain call patch, but TBH that patch wasn't even as good as this one, DLC included, at least imo. This patch brought some big changes and meta shake-ups, which is why I've gotten back in after, just like you, playing maybe a couple times a week and that's all. 

The thing is, most of these aren't new problems, and what they are doing now shows that they aren't afraid to change things heavily on both sides, that they are finally willing to make shifts to things that need it, like meta perks, non meta perks that were useless, perks that were all but abandoned, etc. And we still have two mid chapter balance patches in addition to the next two dlc patches. A lot can still change. Still won't hold my breath for dedicated servers though
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Delfador said:

The problem that survivor mains do not understand is that this patch had also nerfs for killers. You can say that there are aura reading abilities but killers use them right now because they feel different. A couple of days later, everybody will go back to their own build.

Tinkerer, one of the most powerful perks for killers, is buried into the ground. No more insta chainsaw billies, no more machine gun huntresses, and a lot of other killers' abilities get nerfed with this perk. The most powerful 3 killers have been affected by this change. Tinkerer is a funny perk right now but unless they do not buff it to %75, many people will not use it in the future.

They buffed trapper and hag but they won't get a place in tier 1. Nurse billy and huntress are still the strongest killers.

Instead of crying, both survivors and killers should try to improve themselves but no one seems to be doing this. They rather create posts where they cry and suggest nothing valuable.

I'll say this, you are very wrong about hag, she can at this point run with nurse and Billy. Huntress is DEFINITELY below her now, nerfs and all

Also, instead Billy was never necessary, his add ons still make his saw extremely fast charging, and on top of all that they nerf huntress over him when by all accounts he is by far the stronger killer.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@AndyMXM said:
    Sorry dbd but you're ruining the fun out of this game, you're nerfing survivors way too hard and I don't honestly care but I already have to wait a lot in the lobby ( as stated on player count only 14 000 playing where there used to be over 30 000 ) It's not even fun as a killer, my last 5 matches with hag were 4 man kills with 5 gen active at rank 8 ( a skilled killer is overkill especially if you can place traps midchase)
    Not to mention the pain console players go through with the ######### optimisation, yet you re still charging full price and anything

Let me know when you make a game and we can all come and have fun playing it.

• Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76

@AndyMXM said:
    Sorry dbd but you're ruining the fun out of this game, you're nerfing survivors way too hard etc. blabla.

WAIT !!!! ... wait a moment ! dbd = dead by daylight is ruining this game by nerfing survivors.. ? how is this even possible ?
    i mean.. how can the game nerf itself ?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

The thing is, most of these aren't new problems, and what they are doing now shows that they aren't afraid to change things heavily on both sides, that they are finally willing to make shifts to things that need it, like meta perks, non meta perks that were useless, perks that were all but abandoned, etc. And we still have two mid chapter balance patches in addition to the next two dlc patches. A lot can still change. Still won't hold my breath for dedicated servers though

You are absolutely right they are cumulative problems. I believe that factors in to peoples disenchantment with the game. I still don't think people should go crazy and review it like they have but i do understand why they maybe so upset.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Problem is it's impossible to please every one.
    Like if you don't do patch people will ######### that they aren't getting new content.
    If they release a patch people gonna ######### because they don't agree with the entirity of the patch.
    Hell there even "people" that are bitching that No man sky is finnaly trying to deliver what it originally promised
    https://archive.is/6sNQX

• Geondp
    Geondp Member Posts: 35

Game is 100% the most playable it has been in the 10 months I have been playing. So do not agree with you at all.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited July 2018

First off, the player count is holding steady. Indeed, as of this moment, we're sitting at 29.6k.
    At current rates, we'll probably hold steady like we've been doing for months now.
    https://steamcharts.com/app/381210#7d

NOTE - looking at the monthly averages, the game has actually been growing steadily with every killer buff. Imagine that....

Second off, I play both sides - and lately it's mostly been survivor as I've decided it was time to have a P3 Nea. Guess what? Out of my dozen games the nerf only really hurt me 2 times. Rest of the time was my own stupidity.

maybe it's time for you to take what us killer's have taken to heart a long time ago - go do something else or switch sides....

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Dragonredking said:
    Problem is it's impossible to please every one.
    Like if you don't do patch people will ######### that they aren't getting new content.
    If they release a patch people gonna ######### because they don't agree with the entirity of the patch.
    Hell there even "people" that are bitching that No man sky is finnaly trying to deliver what it originally promised
    https://archive.is/6sNQX

Game developers need to stop listening to 'fans'.

Well I've had enough cringe for the day. Thanks for that.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Mc_Harty said:
    Game developers need to stop listening to 'fans'.

Well I've had enough cringe for the day. Thanks for that.

And gaming journalist wonder why gamer hate them

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Delfador said:

The problem that survivor mains do not understand is that this patch had also nerfs for killers. You can say that there are aura reading abilities but killers use them right now because they feel different. A couple of days later, everybody will go back to their own build.

Tinkerer, one of the most powerful perks for killers, is buried into the ground. No more insta chainsaw billies, no more machine gun huntresses, and a lot of other killers' abilities get nerfed with this perk. The most powerful 3 killers have been affected by this change. Tinkerer is a funny perk right now but unless they do not buff it to %75, many people will not use it in the future.

They buffed trapper and hag but they won't get a place in tier 1. Nurse billy and huntress are still the strongest killers.

Instead of crying, both survivors and killers should try to improve themselves but no one seems to be doing this. They rather create posts where they cry and suggest nothing valuable.

I'll say this, you are very wrong about hag, she can at this point run with nurse and Billy. Huntress is DEFINITELY below her now, nerfs and all

Also, instead Billy was never necessary, his add ons still make his saw extremely fast charging, and on top of all that they nerf huntress over him when by all accounts he is by far the stronger killer.

Hag is definitely more powerful but no she can't run with nurse right now. Nurse is the 'improved version of hag'. As long as the nurse doesn't get nerfed, there will not be a better killer than her.

Billy is special because there is no killer that is faster than him even nurse (but it depends on the map as well i guess.) Hag can't run with billy as well because hag's movement speed is slow, doesn't have 1 hit ability, her power range is not that great especially for huge maps, urban evasion counters her whole power. If there is a flashlight, your power might become a bit useless. Also when you pick up somebody, survivors will try to destroy all of your traps as much as they can. There are many counters to her but not much against billy.

If you are good with hatchets, I don't think you can say that hag is better than huntress tbh but I accept that for some people she could be defined as the 3rd most powerful killer in the game. Not for me i guess

Since at least for me the top tier didn't change, buffing these killers is not that big of a deal. You are right about your comparison between huntress and billy. They should have nerfed billies' insta chainsaw instead of machine gun build but I think both of them was a little bit OP with these builds so I'll take it. Maybe in the future patches they can nerf billies' insta chainsaws too.

• Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    AndyMXM said:
    Sorry dbd but you're ruining the fun out of this game, you're nerfing survivors way too hard and I don't honestly care but I already have to wait a lot in the lobby ( as stated on player count only 14 000 playing where there used to be over 30 000 ) It's not even fun as a killer, my last 5 matches with hag were 4 man kills with 5 gen active at rank 8 ( a skilled killer is overkill especially if you can place traps midchase)
    Not to mention the pain console players go through with the ######### optimisation, yet you re still charging full price and anything
    full price being 30 dollars, okay
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rasZzenuYxI

Another baby to add to the mountain.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Delfador said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Delfador said:

Hag is definitely more powerful but no she can't run with nurse right now. Nurse is the 'improved version of hag'. As long as the nurse doesn't get nerfed, there will not be a better killer than her.

Billy is special because there is no killer that is faster than him even nurse (but it depends on the map as well i guess.) Hag can't run with billy as well because hag's movement speed is slow, doesn't have 1 hit ability, her power range is not that great especially for huge maps, urban evasion counters her whole power. If there is a flashlight, your power might become a bit useless. Also when you pick up somebody, survivors will try to destroy all of your traps as much as they can. There are many counters to her but not much against billy.

If you are good with hatchets, I don't think you can say that hag is better than huntress tbh but I accept that for some people she could be defined as the 3rd most powerful killer in the game. Not for me i guess

Since at least for me the top tier didn't change, buffing these killers is not that big of a deal. You are right about your comparison between huntress and billy. They should have nerfed billies' insta chainsaw instead of machine gun build but I think both of them was a little bit OP with these builds so I'll take it. Maybe in the future patches they can nerf billies' insta chainsaws too.

Respectfully disagree on how you view hag, but yea, I know she has a lot of seemingly detrimental inconveniences. She takes a almost completely different approach sometimes. And running into a hag traps when she downs someone is both A. Impractical, as you'd have to have been talking her all game, and good luck with no terror radius, a faster speed, and Claudette hag skin, not to mention she can place her traps ridiculously fast now AND her traps are pretty difficult to see

B. Can very easily work against you, as I can just slug to great effect with the hag due to several factors, enforced heavily by the fact her terror radius is very small and she is probably the most OP use of nurses calling, the best perk on killer's side imo. If I'm running sloppy butcher, thanataphobia, and NC that game will be awful for survivors, add in MandA and that game will be quickly over.

You also should reconsider how powerful you think UE is. Not only is it not a meta perk that I almost never see ran anymore (mostly because hag is the least seen killer online, from my research) but it actually helps the hag to not have you running around her set traps until she wants you to run into them.

Seriously, practice hag with that dedication you put on Hillbilly. Do it with a hag mindset. Don't over commit to chases, especially if someone sets off a trap, try using your traps to force the survivor camera into awkward positions while in a chase, practice a few cheeky map specific tricks, and don't overly concern yourself with trapping gens. Play with the mindset that you are an unseen stealth killer who is setting up your den. Hell, play basement hag if you must. But give her a good few tries before you discount her.

Because I'm telling you, I haven't gotten more 3-4 minute 4 man wipes with ANY killer, including hillbilly, as often as I get them with hag. 

Maybe I should start uploading my Hag games. Not that I'm some pro, just as a baseline to show how powerful she can be in ANY hands when played right.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    @AndyMXM GIT GUD IF YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. If you don't think dbd is fun just leave. For you to say it deserves to die is STOOOPID. NOW MAKE LIKE A TREE AND GET OUTTA HERE.