Question About Exhaustion

I’m not sure if they mentioned this in a dev stream/Q&A, but why did they not apply the exhaustion change to only take place during a chase? Using exhaustion perks twice in a chase was the thing they wanted to tackle, so why’d they make it at all times? If they said why, I either missed it or forgot so sorry if the answer was out there already.

Answers

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Honestly I don't mind it now using sprint but it's actually has a negative when it never used to before.

Lithe: you had to vault whilst in a chase and sometimes it may not even activate

Balanced landing: you had to find a high elevation which was very map specific sheltered woods being notorious as a pain in the ass for the perk

Dead hard:  you had to be injured and once the killer knew you had it it practically turn the perk into a game of bait each other out.

Now which sprint burst if you want to equip it to escape chases early you're either going to have to manage your your exhaustion effectively if you want to be able to move around the map fast or you basically have to walk everywhere.
  • Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    Honestly I don't mind it now using sprint but it's actually has a negative when it never used to before.

Lithe: you had to vault whilst in a chase and sometimes it may not even activate

Balanced landing: you had to find a high elevation which was very map specific sheltered woods being notorious as a pain in the ass for the perk

Dead hard:  you had to be injured and once the killer knew you had it it practically turn the perk into a game of bait each other out.

Now which sprint burst if you want to equip it to escape chases early you're either going to have to manage your your exhaustion effectively if you want to be able to move around the map fast or you basically have to walk everywhere.
    Right, so why not apply the changes to SB only or have it activate the no exhaustion gain in a chase? It’d get rid of the problem and you could still use it to get places faster not in a chase.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Right, so why not apply the changes to SB only or have it activate the no exhaustion gain in a chase? It’d get rid of the problem and you could still use it to get places faster not in a chase.

"have it activate the no exhaustion gain in a chase"
    That wouldn't get rid of the problem. Sprint burst will just have no negatives again and the other exhaustion perks like lithe and dead hard that are only used in a chase will be hit hard by that.