[SUGGESTION] Remove Terror Radius for stealth Killers

Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I think stealth Killers (the Wraith, the Shape, possibly the Pig as well) could really benefit from having their TR removed unless they have a Survivor in their sights (even if they're not actively chasing said Survivor). Whenever they did have a Survivor in their sights, however, the TR would go back to normal, given their abilities (the Shape at Evil Within I would still have a tiny TR, and a cloaked Wraith would also have no TR).

Comments

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

Would negate the Wraith's power (cloak). Would negate the Pig's power (built in insidious). On Myers it wouldn't really make much difference, plus M&A.

Wraith having the ability or an addon to hit once while cloaked would be fun, then after hitting de-cloaks. Maybe?

Your suggestion seems too strong and renders killers powers useless or meaningless.

• Orion

The Wraith's ability is to go invisible, and the Pig's is primarily to set up an ambush at the cost of decreased movement speed and FOV. They'd still be relevant. The Wraith thing you said is another topic of discussion, which I'll open now.

• only1biggs

Wraith wouldn't need to be cloaked with this suggestion and pig wouldn't need to crouch. Both powers would be meaningless.

• Orion

@only1biggs said:
    Wraith wouldn't need to be cloaked with this suggestion and pig wouldn't need to crouch. Both powers would be meaningless.

Having no TR isn't the same thing as becoming invisible or very difficult to spot. Surely you've faced Killers with Insidious who are still quite visible.

• only1biggs

@Orion said:

@only1biggs said:

Having no TR isn't the same thing as becoming invisible or very difficult to spot. Surely you've faced Killers with Insidious who are still quite visible.

I guess, but, you can see the pig right? So her power becomes meaningless with your suggestion. Myers it won't affect much, and Wraith...? I just don't see it working

• Orion

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

@only1biggs said:

I guess, but, you can see the pig right? So her power becomes meaningless with your suggestion. Myers it won't affect much, and Wraith...? I just don't see it working

You can see the Pig, but the idea is to sneak up on Survivors through tall grass and whatnot - at least that's how I do it.
    The Wraith doesn't have the same advantage, what with him being ridiculously tall, even by my standards. For the Shape, he might not benefit from it at EW I, but at EW II and EW III...

• only1biggs

So, you think EW3 Myers with no terror radius, walking around able to one shot is a good idea? lol

It's just not a good suggestion in general IMO.

• Orion

@only1biggs said:
    So, you think EW3 Myers with no terror radius, walking around able to one shot is a good idea? lol

Can't one-shot what you can't see, and he'd get the TR back as soon as he so much as glanced at a Survivor - even if he didn't realize it. You could use the same triggers as his stalking mechanic to discern whether or not a Survivor was in his FOV.

• only1biggs

@Orion said:

@only1biggs said:

Can't one-shot what you can't see, and he'd get the TR back as soon as he so much as glanced at a Survivor - even if he didn't realize it. You could use the same triggers as his stalking mechanic to discern whether or not a Survivor was in his FOV.

It wouldn't work. Killers with a brain, ears and map knowledge, will know how to find survivors. As soon as you see them they are dead.

• Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46

@Orion said:
    I think stealth Killers (the Wraith, the Shape, possibly the Pig as well) could really benefit from having their TR removed unless they have a Survivor in their sights (even if they're not actively chasing said Survivor). Whenever they did have a Survivor in their sights, however, the TR would go back to normal, given their abilities (the Shape at Evil Within I would still have a tiny TR, and a cloaked Wraith would also have no TR).

No. Pig can already do this on her own.

Mikey don't need help. Just use Monitor & Abuse to make his terror radius too tiny to matter to a survivor. Use terrain and tall structures to obscure Mikey from survivors' view. Playing against him, he's too often on top of me or my teammates a split second before the heartbeat can be heard. This new version of Tinker should make that even more likely to happen.

Wraith just needs a buff to his stealth effect so that he's got no shimmer beyond 8 meters or less, ie. make him perfectly invisible up to a point that he can start a chase from close range rather than a wary survivor getting a huge head start.