Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4 Latency

So this may come off as a weird question, but has anyone else recently had incredibly bad latency and ping on DBD on playstation 4 or even other consoles? I've played DBD for about a year now and consistently as host had green almost usually~ I could almost guess people's region difference just by the ping connection to the host but now It's like I'm permanently placed with players in UK or West coast. The ping is ridiculous and what's worse it it's mainly affecting the survivors I play against which makes it feel sad and unfair. I've tested EVERYTHING checked my ping playing other games, hosting other games, same console, different console, PC games otherwise, reset router,ethernet, etc etc. The ping after the Halloween event has been the worse I've ever seen or had and it's almost unplayable with people DCing out of frustration or just failing to connect. I enjoy being a good host, so it pains me to see 200ping becoming common instead of the usual 60-90.

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Masaifou

PS4 and or console in-general has always had issues with optimization and sometimes latency.

It could also just have to do with the servers acting up or what not, maybe @Boosted_Dwight or @GrootDude could shed some more light on it. (If they know.)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

My game freezes quite often when I drop a pallet, I get hit through a lot of stuff. It is kinda laggy rn.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Console has always been lagging but it seems worse now after the Archives update.

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126

The lobby pings have been moderately worse since the release of the archives. I also know they have been touching the matchmaking (not the ranking matchmaking, rather the way we are paired with someone in the world matchmaking) and I don't like it. I live in Hawaii so the only times I can get a good game is if the person is from my state or southern cali which the latest matchmaking has not been matching me with. Otherwise its 150-190ms with people from all over the US or 200-290 when they match me with players from Japan.