New End Game Mechanic Idea

Just finished watching the dev stream and they mentioned how they want to change the dynamic of the end game, not just tweak the hatch, which gave me a great idea on how to fix the end game.

Instead of having a hatch spawn on the map, when there is only one survivor left on the map a countdown begins for when the one of the exit gates will open on their own. This timer could be 60 seconds, 90, 120, that's all a balance issue. The point is, it creates a scenario where a final survivor needs to hold out for a set amount of time, in addition to getting close to one of the exit gates, in hope that it is the one that will automatically open.

This is just a general idea atm, a possible addition could be: giving the survivor exposed status when the gate opens, so that the killer isnt helpless if both he and the survivor choose the right gate to watch.

Would love to get feedback from the community and maybe the devs on this idea and ways to possibly make it better. Let me know what you think.

Comments

• Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46

I've posted an idea similar to this before. I don't think the gates should just open. They should power up & merely unlock so that a perk like Remember Me can still apply. That would only be if the killer finds the hatch first and closes it.

Whether 1 or 5 gens remaining and just one survivor, a 2 minute countdown starts. Both opponents would get an Object Of Obsession effect with an equally fixed radius for both. If the survivor has not escaped by opening a gate or been killed by the end of the countdown then match is over. Both players get a reasonable Delay Of Game points penalty for their failures.

I also would suggest that if more than one survivor is on the map but the gates are open more than a minute the countdown also starts (to counter hostage taking).