No Mither (The Hardcore Perk)

NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
I just had an amazing idea on how to rework the perk "No Mither" and I decided that it's worth sharing! :)

No Mither:
Go on kid, it's just a scratch. You permanently suffer from the exposed status effect with a 50/75/100 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains. The Bonus Bloodpoints from this perk are only awarded post-trial and if you survive the trial.

I wanted to keep the perk hardcore while help solve the perks issues of making grunt noises and the dying state recovery issue. You can still heal to the healthy state to reduce you grunts completely while still being a 1-hit to knock down. I decided to remove the infinite recovery from dying state as it's like winning the lottery if the killer let's you stay on the floor. Additionally it rewards great survivors that can survive the trial with BP exactly like WGLF but with 4 tokens.

No hate mail please just criticism and feedback! :)

Comments

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I appreciate what you’re going for but this literally takes away the strengths that No Mither has. Replacing the constantly-injured effect with constantly-Exposed is more a nerf than a buff because it removes the synergy that NM has with Perks that activate while injured, such as DH and Resilience.

Not to mention, if you’re Exposed, you can still be injured after being healed from Dying. So in that state, it’s just No Mither but worse, since you’re suggesting we replace the reduced noise, lack of blood pools, and Dying recovery with this one BP stack bonus.

Besides, why run a Perk like that for extra BP when you can, you know, equip an Escape Cake?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited July 2018

I appreciate what you’re going for but this literally takes away the strengths that No Mither has. Replacing the constantly-injured effect with constantly-Exposed is more a nerf than a buff because it removes the synergy that NM has with Perks that activate while injured, such as DH and Resilience.

Not to mention, if you’re Exposed, you can still be injured after being healed from Dying. So in that state, it’s just No Mither but worse, since you’re suggesting we replace the reduced noise, lack of blood pools, and Dying recovery with this one BP stack bonus.

Besides, why run a Perk like that for extra BP when you can, you know, equip an Escape Cake?

Thank you for the kind feedback @No_Mither_No_Problem (I like your clichè username), allow me to explain! :) My goal was to remove the downsides that NM has like not being able to remove your grunt noises completely, now you can do that by healing to the healthy state! Additionally since you start the trial exposed but healthy, the killer may not know you have NM which was a downside to using it last time! Yes, you made valid points to my reworked NM by saying it doesn't have a lot of synergy with other injured activated perks but I make up that loss with the bonus BP if you survive. Yeah, you can use a escape cake but I think you looked at it incorrectly... eventually you'll run out of escape cakes despite being an uncommon offering. Also you can combine BP bonuses like a escape cake, WGLF, and NM together to earn a massive BP bonus! Imagine getting with a perfect 32k game 128k BP with using an escape cake, NM (If you survive the trial), and WGLF!

• No_Mither_No_Problem

@Nickenzie said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

Thank you for the kind feedback @No_Mither_No_Problem (I like your clichè username), allow me to explain! :) My goal was to remove the downsides that NM has like not being able to remove your grunt noises completely, now you can do that by healing to the healthy state! Additionally since you start the trial exposed but healthy, the killer may not know you have NM which was a downside to using it last time! Yes, you made valid points to my reworked NM by saying it doesn't have a lot of synergy with other injured activated perks but I make up that loss with the bonus BP if you survive. Yeah, you can use a escape cake but I think you looked at it incorrectly... eventually you'll run out of escape cakes despite being an uncommon offering. Also you can combine BP bonuses like a escape cake, WGLF, and NM together to earn a massive BP bonus! Imagine getting with a perfect 32k game 128k BP with using an escape cake, NM (If you survive the trial), and WGLF!

Can’t argue with that, I guess. Still though, I feel that being constantly able to get downed for no reason other than extra BP just isn’t a good enough incentive. I still think it needs changed, but this is most certainly a nerfAt least WGLF doesn’t have any extreme hindrance other than taking up a Perk slot that could be used more effectively.

If you’re interested, I made my own thread suggesting changes to No Mother while still keeping it the way it is. You can check it out here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/7609/no-mither-needs-a-rework/p1

• No_Mither_No_Problem

@Nickenzie Also I’m glad you like my name.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    Nickenzie said:
    I just had an amazing idea on how to rework the perk "No Mither" and I decided that it's worth sharing! :)

No Mither:
    Go on kid, it's just a scratch. You permanently suffer from the exposed status effect with a 50/75/100 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains. The Bonus Bloodpoints from this perk are only awarded post-trial and if you survive the trial.

I wanted to keep the perk hardcore while help solve the perks issues of making grunt noises and the dying state recovery issue. You can still heal to the healthy state to reduce you grunts completely while still being a 1-hit to knock down. I decided to remove the infinite recovery from dying state as it's like winning the lottery if the killer let's you stay on the floor. Additionally it rewards great survivors that can survive the trial with BP exactly like WGLF but with 4 tokens.

No hate mail please just criticism and feedback! :)
    Honestly all it needs is for you to take an extra hit and remove the no heal icon so that the killer/survivors won’t know you have it. You can also still do perk synergies. A thing I personally want (which you might know already) is to be able to regain exaustion while running if you have NM. When you’re using NM it’s essential to use everything you can to stay alive because of that 1 hit, so I think being able to use DH twice in a NM chase wouldn’t be bad (that is if you last long enough to get another use out of it).