Franklin's Demise

fluffybunny
fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Killer brings in a Ward, he or she are free to test and explore a new add-on without the fear of losing it to it being smacked out of their hand and dying before being able to retrieve it (or a "teammate" stealing it). Survivor doesn't have the same benefit if the killer uses Franklin's Demise and it doesn't feel all that fair.

What if the perk made survivors unable to use their item for a certain amount of time instead of knocking it out of their hand? It could correlate with a flat time or with an objective being done (like add a new thing a survivor would need to do to unlock the item).

Comments

• fluffybunny

Well, I was thinking if the item was locked, it would ultimately add time survivors would need to spend in game if they would like to use their items and I know some (if not most) of killers complain about how fast the game goes. That'd add something additional to the game that the survivors would need to do. Maybe it could be inside lockers or something already in the match normally so that they wouldn't need to add something just for the idea. They would have to mess with something to get to use the item again (like the pig mask and getting it off). It would also stop the possibility of someone being able to stealing your item without you putting the item down yourself.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you do know, that Killers ALWAYS loose their Add-Ons at the end of the game, right?
    Survivors dont. So why do you complain, if you lost it once or twice because of a Perk? Us killers loose them all the time! And do you see us complain about it? cause I dont.

• fluffybunny

@Mister_xD said:
    you do know, that Killers ALWAYS loose their Add-Ons at the end of the game, right?
    Survivors dont. So why do you complain, if you lost it once or twice because of a Perk? Us killers loose them all the time! And do you see us complain about it? cause I dont.

I have seen "complaints" as you would put them every now and then. I don't get how suggestions and ideas are complaints to everyone just because you don't care for the idea or you don't main survivor, so any survivor idea is a complaint. I honestly don't think killers should lose their items. I've seen someone suggest keeping their item if they get three or less kills (as that wouldn't use the item completely). I also think it would be a cool idea to introduce a method to gain items in the match for killers, too.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

I feel like if they burnt a ward, they should get the item/addons back at the end of the match, regardless of what happens, as long as the item still has at least one charge left.

A friend of mine was playing with me, and he used his first engineer's toolkit, and burnt a white ward to protect it and the addons he used. The killer ran FD, and he lost the item within a minute of the match starting. Personally, I feel like losing the item in match is enough, and it should be returned post match. (He survived, but was essentially punished for living by losing his item. Or would he have also lost it if he died? Either way, I feel like he should get it back. Otherwise, FD completely counters the white ward, which is....silly, since it's meant to be a safety net of "Oh, hey, try this out, get a feel for it")

• fluffybunny

@Chrona said:
    I feel like if they burnt a ward, they should get the item/addons back at the end of the match, regardless of what happens, as long as the item still has at least one charge left.

A friend of mine was playing with me, and he used his first engineer's toolkit, and burnt a white ward to protect it and the addons he used. The killer ran FD, and he lost the item within a minute of the match starting. Personally, I feel like losing the item in match is enough, and it should be returned post match. (He survived, but was essentially punished for living by losing his item. Or would he have also lost it if he died? Either way, I feel like he should get it back. Otherwise, FD completely counters the white ward, which is....silly, since it's meant to be a safety net of "Oh, hey, try this out, get a feel for it")

Oh, oh! Another idea, what if the item was locked on the ground? Or like it just vanishes and you get it back at the end of the match. Like someone couldn't pick it up if you brought a ward and you may keep it at the end. Yeah, it's supposed to be a "try this to get a feel for it" sort of thing, but FD as it is now counters it. So, survivors don't get a safety net, but killers do.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Killers get a safety net?  What is it and how do I get mine?
  • fluffybunny

@Baphomett said:
    Killers get a safety net?  What is it and how do I get mine?

Safety net, as in with items. It isn't that hard to follow. White Ward would imply it would protect the item, so you're free to test it and try it out without having to do kyf. That isn't the case, though, if the killer has Frankies. The survivor can't in anyway knock the killers add-ons to the ground and the killer won't have someone else come along and steal it. I wish the community was less triggered and more open to discussion tbh. No need to get defensive to change, ideas are welcome.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

I know why your suggesting this but it will make very rare items not so rare.
    Also killers don't camp dropped items, at least i haven't seen one do it yet. So annoying as it is i don't think they will change it.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@fluffybunny said:
    Killer brings in a Ward, he or she are free to test and explore a new add-on without the fear of losing it to it being smacked out of their hand and dying before being able to retrieve it (or a "teammate" stealing it). Survivor doesn't have the same benefit if the killer uses Franklin's Demise and it doesn't feel all that fair.

What if the perk made survivors unable to use their item for a certain amount of time instead of knocking it out of their hand? It could correlate with a flat time or with an objective being done (like add a new thing a survivor would need to do to unlock the item).

Not only does that idea make the perk incredibly weak, but it doesn't even make sense in the context of the killer it's coming from. Franklin's Demise is based off of a scene in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, in which a character named Franklin is brutally murdered by Leatherface, dropping the flashlight he was carrying as result. It's a direct tie to the movie in which Leatherface came, and a good perk. Is it really all that difficult to find your item later?

• fluffybunny

@Tombstone218 said:

@fluffybunny said:

Not only does that idea make the perk incredibly weak, but it doesn't even make sense in the context of the killer it's coming from. Franklin's Demise is based off of a scene in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, in which a character named Franklin is brutally murdered by Leatherface, dropping the flashlight he was carrying as result. It's a direct tie to the movie in which Leatherface came, and a good perk. Is it really all that difficult to find your item later?

The issue is when someone else takes the item when you have a white ward. Someone else suggested the item would go back to your inventory regardless (if you didn't use it up). I was also thinking it may be a good idea to like lock it to the character (like make it not visible and pick-up-able to others).

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@fluffybunny said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@fluffybunny said:

The issue is when someone else takes the item when you have a white ward. Someone else suggested the item would go back to your inventory regardless (if you didn't use it up). I was also thinking it may be a good idea to like lock it to the character (like make it not visible and pick-up-able to others).

White Ward specifically says that you keep the item in case you die. Not if you drop or lose it. If you don't have the item at the time of your death then why would you keep it?

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@fluffybunny said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@fluffybunny said:

That would lead to terrible exploits.
    SWFs would use white wards to create copies of items, because they can drop it at the gate and keep it anyway, while someone else picks it up and keeps it also.
    Very bad idea.

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

@fluffybunny said:

We are talking about "Asymetrie" something being "fair" is the same as being unbalanced. Franklins is rarely used and won't trigger if you are grabbed or damaged by an ability

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Wolf74 said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@fluffybunny said:

SWFs would use white wards to create copies of items, because they can drop it at the gate and keep it anyway, while someone else picks it up and keeps it also.
    Very bad idea.

Did you even read the second half of what fluffy said? You know, the bits of the suggestion where she puts in, essentially "not interact-able for the other survivors"? Because if the other survivors can't interact with it, they can't make copies. And right now? There's an even easier exploit: Alt f4. If you disconnect, you keep your items and addons, as a survivor. Honestly, even if the killer IS running franklin's demise, if they find you, you can outright quit and be assured you still have your item. Abusing disconnects is actually a better protection for your item then the in game safety net offering. Think a bit on that.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

If killer wastes 1 perk slot on mid tier perk I would call that a win as a survivor.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Chrona said:

@Wolf74 said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@fluffybunny said:

Very bad idea.

Did you even read the second half of what fluffy said? You know, the bits of the suggestion where she puts in, essentially "not interact-able for the other survivors"? Because if the other survivors can't interact with it, they can't make copies. And right now? There's an even easier exploit: Alt f4. If you disconnect, you keep your items and addons, as a survivor. Honestly, even if the killer IS running franklin's demise, if they find you, you can outright quit and be assured you still have your item. Abusing disconnects is actually a better protection for your item then the in game safety net offering. Think a bit on that.

Because the white Ward is designed to protect whatever item you're holding not whatever item you bring into the game.

It's why if you have a if you have a white Ward on and you find a better item in a chest and decide to keep it, it will actually save your new item.

If you want a white Ward to give you an immunity to item lost due to Franklin's demise would have to change how the white ward works. Many people would be no longer able to use it to protect items they find/received in the game and it will only protect the items you bring in.
  • Wolf74

@Chrona said:

@Wolf74 said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@fluffybunny said:

Very bad idea.

Yes, I read it and still it is a stupid idea that will be abused if it is not implemented correctly… and according to the trackrecord of the Devs handling stuff in this game... I highly doubt it to be handled with care.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Pretty much that:
    Last 100 games I have used that purple toolbox/medkit/flashlight with best addons to 99% and I escaped every time. On game 101 killer had FD and he made me lose that item even though I used ward.
    IT ISN'T FAIR.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@fluffybunny said:

Yeah, so when survivors escape without having a Ward, they should lose their items and addons too, like killer, it would be fair, am I right? Or "fair" does not comes in the other way? And they should not be able to search chests for items, because killers can't get addons during the trial.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

Franklins is fine as it is, just go back and get your item off the ground when the killer is chasing someone else if u want it that badly, it already got a slight nerf as it now only works when using M1 (it used to work on chainsaws)

• fluffybunny

@theArashi said:
    Pretty much that:
    Last 100 games I have used that purple toolbox/medkit/flashlight with best addons to 99% and I escaped every time. On game 101 killer had FD and he made me lose that item even though I used ward.
    IT ISN'T FAIR.

Lmao, you guys are hilarious. No, it happens quite often. Why I don't bother with wards and as someone else had said, alt+f4 is a better protection than the actual "protection" item. I don't get why the community isn't open to discussion. Generalization and assumptions don't help anything and as I've said before, the offering is supposed to protect the item, but gl getting it back from the Meg who decided its hers now. Try playing survivor sometimes instead of assuming all survivors are a certain way. Expand your horizon. We may be on "teams," but we're a community. I want things to be good for killers. Why wouldn't you want the opposite? We should strive to make it good for everyone.

• fluffybunny

@RSB said:

@fluffybunny said:

Yeah, so when survivors escape without having a Ward, they should lose their items and addons too, like killer, it would be fair, am I right? Or "fair" does not comes in the other way? And they should not be able to search chests for items, because killers can't get addons during the trial.

I've said this before. I honestly think killers should keep their items if they don't "use" them. I've seen people suggest a low kill rate to be the measure, but a usage bar could also be implemented. They should also get the chance to find items in the match. Like maybe it could be connected to sacrificing? Random add-ons/items from different survivors.

• Wolf74

@fluffybunny said:

@theArashi said:
    Pretty much that:
    IT ISN'T FAIR.

Lmao, you guys are hilarious. No, it happens quite often. Why I don't bother with wards and as someone else had said, alt+f4 is a better protection than the actual "protection" item. I don't get why the community isn't open to discussion. Generalization and assumptions don't help anything and as I've said before, the offering is supposed to protect the item, but gl getting it back from the Meg who decided its hers now. Try playing survivor sometimes instead of assuming all survivors are a certain way. Expand your horizon. We may be on "teams," but we're a community. I want things to be good for killers. Why wouldn't you want the opposite? We should strive to make it good for everyone.

So you rather abuse an exploit to keep your item... Gotcha.

Actually that's part of the problem, why the Devs came up with this band aid perk (FD).
    There are to many superrare items around, because people just DC to keep them and others pick them up and escape with it.
    There is an unintended and unhealthy amount of top notch items at the survivors disposal.
    Far more than regular bloodwebs should create.

• fluffybunny

@Wolf74 said:

@fluffybunny said:

@theArashi said:
    Pretty much that:
    IT ISN'T FAIR.

So you rather abuse an exploit to keep your item... Gotcha.

Actually that's part of the problem, why the Devs came up with this band aid perk (FD).
    There are to many superrare items around, because people just DC to keep them and others pick them up and escape with it.
    There is an unintended and unhealthy amount of top notch items at the survivors disposal.
    Far more than regular bloodwebs should create.

I never said I do that, but sure. Put words in my mouth. It definitely helps your argument.

I don't think the item will remain in the match when you d/c to keep it, but I've never done that. Besides, what I was talking about is making items locked to a person/personal if they are knocked out with Frankies. I don't see how that's exploitable.
    "Unintended and unhealthy amount of top notch items" you mean like all the brown tool boxes and the increased skill check zone? You've leveled up a survivor before, right? It's just the same as killer. They get the same amount and they're buffing a lot of killer add-ons, while nerfing survivor's items and add-ons. What are you upset about?

• Wolf74

@fluffybunny said:

Lmao, you guys are hilarious. No, it happens quite often. Why I don't bother with wards and as someone else had said, alt+f4 is a better protection than the actual "protection" item.

So you didn't say that, huh?
    Some people really have a hard time grasping the concept of forums and scrolling back, right?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If you want white ward to counter Franklin's and to protect the items you bring in, you have to change the concept of what a white ward does.

The current version of white ward protect whatever item is in your hand when you die this doesn't have to be the item you bring in and it could be any item as long as it's in your hand.
    ( when my friends are trading very important items, high rarity or event items, we often use white ward's to make sure even though we die we still keep it.)

If you wanted to be a counter to Franklin's demise and protect your brought in item in general. When equipping a white ward you would be unable to drop your item whether by choice or force. 

This way you beat Franklin's Demise and your item is protected however you can't pick anything new up whether it be better or not. Also you would be unable to drop it for somebody else if the situation arises.
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited August 2018

If killer uses mid tier perk to counter item(s) I call that a win in my book.

• foxboxunionttv
    foxboxunionttv Member Posts: 48
    I personally dont understand the point of the white ward as a suvivor. I never have an item i dont want to lose besides instant heals and those are depleted  anyways. If this is a real problem for others why not have the white ward duplicate the item at the end of the game if its detected as lost ? They have that lost item screen that is useless right now anyways. 
  • Wolf74

@foxboxunionttv said:
    I personally dont understand the point of the white ward as a suvivor. I never have an item i dont want to lose besides instant heals and those are depleted  anyways. If this is a real problem for others why not have the white ward duplicate the item at the end of the game if its detected as lost ? They have that lost item screen that is useless right now anyways. 

Because the system can't see the difference between "lost" and "dropped".
    So the survivor could "drop" his super rare item with top add ons and another player could pick it up and escape with it and you have basically duplicated the item.
    So way more rare items would be around than there should be.

• foxboxunionttv
    Wolf74 said:

@foxboxunionttv said:

Because the system can't see the difference between "lost" and "dropped".
    So the survivor could "drop" his super rare item with top add ons and another player could pick it up and escape with it and you have basically duplicated the item.
    So way more rare items would be around than there should be.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

@Luigifan64 said:
    fluffybunny said:

What if bringing a White Ward made you not drop the item, but your item took the damage still (like it loses charges)? It seems like an easier solution over a complete perk rework.

Better yet what about a new add on that allows the item to be permanent in your hand. call it like superglue or something. or maybe even just make a counter perk to it or something

• foxboxunionttv
    ill_Boston_lli said:hcause

@Luigifan64 said:
    fluffybunny said:

What if bringing a White Ward made you not drop the item, but your item took the damage still (like it loses charges)? It seems like an easier solution over a complete perk rework.

Better yet what about a new add on that allows the item to be permanent in your hand. call it like superglue or something. or maybe even just make a counter perk to it or something

Cause that removes the point of FD and turns it into another pointless perk to run. They already have hex ruins that serve no purpose but to be broken in the first 10 seconds of the game why remove more from the killers abilities lol. They are already so weak. 
  • fluffybunny

@Wolf74 said:

@fluffybunny said:

Lmao, you guys are hilarious. No, it happens quite often. Why I don't bother with wards and as someone else had said, alt+f4 is a better protection than the actual "protection" item.

So you didn't say that, huh?
    Some people really have a hard time grasping the concept of forums and scrolling back, right?

I didn't realize referring to what someone said could be done to keep the item (that's obviously bad) is the same as doing that thing, but you're definitely right. It's definitely the same thing and scrolling back to read what was being said wouldn't have helped you at all in the slightest.