If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How to buff Survivor Charms

Options

Whenever a survivor finishes a generator, the charms they have equipped will spawn on the completed generator, kinda like how the killer charms dangle from the hook. If a multiple survivors complete a generator together, more charms will dangle from the generator's pole.

The charms on the generators are much bigger than what dangle on the survivor's belts. About... 75% the size of killer charm size?

Comments

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
    Options

Imagine 4 chibi Claudettes on a gen lmao I think is a great idea ^^

• PuggyMohawk
    PuggyMohawk Member Posts: 11
    Options

I like this one

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

This idea is genuinely fun and hopefully the devs see it!

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209
    Options

Really fun idea. Even if it was just like the charm allotted to the first slot per player, this would be a great additional detail.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

Its a original idea, i like it!

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,032
    Options

It's cute and I like it, but I get the feeling that killers will use it to know who to remove.

• Venom368
    Venom368 Member Posts: 321
    Options

I can see this becoming an issue that people complain about. It gives the killer the ability to walk to a generator that was just completed 5 seconds ago and be like, "Oh that's Blendette's and Dwight's charms on the generator, so I know there is at least 2 people right here hiding. And Blendy is dead on her next hook so I'm going to stay here until I find her. That also means the person who just got the unhook across the map must be the Nea."

It seems like it would be one of those things that devs add to the game to be fun/cute, that players eventually figure out how to abuse to gain a competitive advantage

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

@Venom368 Well, in first line, the completed gen gives you the information that someone is around. Depending on the time you needed to get there. And if it influences your choice in knowing who you can tunnel down, I'm not sure if you would say "It's just the Nea on this gen, didn't hook her once. Can't tunnel her, so just leave her" or what? Or "It's the dwight and Claud, I can tunnel Claud. Found Dwight, damn, go on searching"

I mean, if you hook someone with BBQ, you can see by the shape of the auras who is who. That gives you a bit more information than who completed the gen several seconds ago. Sure, it is some kind of information, but your example really doesn't convince me. And I can't find any other 'abuse' at the moment.

• NeonSystem
    NeonSystem Member Posts: 14
    Options

Absolutely love the idea, but it might just mess over the survivors who are strictly going for gens. I know that gets into genrushing, but why not have all the survivors' charms (or the first charm they have equipped) hung on the generator poles when 1 is complete, regardless of who did it.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

I don't understand their complaints honestly, most killers can't even remember which survivor was just unhooked to avoid DS, let alone memorising all the survivors charms :P

Additionally, if a gen pops, you're going to look for everyone, I don't think killers will be taking their time to investigate charms to tunnel someone, because it just means who ever isn't being chased is now the one doing gens, it's an odd complaint imo, or at least I don't understand it.,

• Venom368
    Options

I feel like it would evolve to the point to where nobody wants to be the person to finish a gen because they don't want their charm to be left there for the killer to see. And that would lead to nobody running any charms because it gives you a competitive disadvantage. And then I go to look at the forums to find 300 threads about people complaining how they can't use their favorite charms on their character anymore. Oh god no I can see it now

"BHVR scammed me into buying the premium rift pass just to make all my cosmetics completely worthless and unusable"

"...how did these ignorant 3head devs not see how game ruining this update is..."

"ALL THE DEVS ARE TOXIC KILLER MAINS"

oh no and then the rebuttal killer posts when the devs change it back

"The devs are taking away yet ANOTHER tool from high level, intelligent, handsome killer mains like myself. Once again, crybaby survivors whining leads to killer mains being punished. AGAIN."

"..Devs OBVIOUSLY salty survivor mains.."

"Where is my Nurse and Spirit buffs?!?"

Goodness, I think I need therapy. Leave the poor devs alone

• Venom368
    Options

Yeah that would avoid the issue, but I feel like it's not that interesting of a feature at that point.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

I still donÄt see a 'competitive disatvantage'.

How bout that: make the charm placement optional? Would that save your therapy?

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,667
    Options

Arguing that the survivors have a competitive advantage from no charms is a bad stance. Survivors also gain a competitive advantage from playing claudette, and yeah theres a lot of clauds, but theres also a lot of non clauds.

• Venom368
    Options

Sorry, this wasn't supposed to be a serious argument of the survivors having a competitive advantage. This was a play by play of the vision that went through my mind that I wrote while intoxicated. Adding this feature would probably have no impact on any actual gameplay lol