Solution to Camping and Buffing Solo Players

Camping is a massive issue especially for Solo Players for sure, SWF can deal with this easily with rushing gens since they can coordinate and tell their teammates to do gens

Why not give buffs for Solo Players too? Like in Identity V

Give messages for the players so they can send across to their team, to let them know that the Killer is camping and such

another idea is having perks, some survivors in Identity V have 30% increase time being on the Hook and there are even perks that can help make it slower. So why not in the future have a perk that makes you stay on the hook much longer? or simply rework it when the killer is near but no teammates around

This is such an amazing feature and would destroy killers who camps

we already gotten the buff from DS claws this patch telling DS is being chased, so it is more leaning towards SWF balance

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Use Kindred.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

@Orion said:
    Use Kindred.

Kindred is trash cuz a Killer can easily go beyond 16m and no one uses it at High Ranked

It would only be a good perk if it has 32 meters, but again this is something which the game should have from the beginning, shouldn't be a perk at all

• Orion

@Someissues said:

@Orion said:
    Use Kindred.

Kindred is trash cuz a Killer can easily go beyond 16m and no one uses it at High Ranked

It would only be a good perk if it has 32 meters, but again this is something which the game should have from the beginning, shouldn't be a perk at all

32 meters is too big, there's a bunch of stuff to be done 32 meters away from the hook, and you shouldn't have the ability to see the Killer 24/7 at that distance. If you want to see the Killer's aura, Kindred is the only way to go. You want to punish camping? Do generators and convince every Survivor to do the same, because until camping stops being rewarded, campers will not go away.

• Someissues
    edited July 2018

@Orion said:
    32 meters is too big, there's a bunch of stuff to be done 32 meters away from the hook, and you shouldn't have the ability to see the Killer 24/7 at that distance. If you want to see the Killer's aura, Kindred is the only way to go. You want to punish camping? Do generators and convince every Survivor to do the same, because until camping stops being rewarded, campers will not go away.

Something needs to be done so Survivors won't have exucse when it comes to camping, otherwise have fun getting blocked with everyone dodging of your games at high ranked cuz you played Nurse, with major excuses on camping and such

• Orion

@Someissues said:

@Orion said:

Something needs to be done so Survivors won't have exucse when it comes to camping, otherwise have fun getting blocked with everyone dodging of your games at high ranked cuz you played Nurse, with major excuses on camping and such

The only excuse Survivors need is "git gud", and it's not even an excuse. Don't want to be camped? Stop rewarding campers. It's that simple.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Because survivors were already given Omni directional dehooking and a longer hook time as the standard. You want to make it a perk? Fine then let's regress the hook timer to what it was before and survivors can choose to use a perk slot for those mean ol campers instead. 
    Slower timer when no one is coming to save you? Ok that gives the killer the all clear no one is about. But if they are waiting to farm you, timer goes faster instead. The more survivors, the faster the timer. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

You guys are thinking of swf. We're talking about adding a buff to communication possibilities that will positively influence solo play, which can be difficult. If you're not aware it can be a pain, maybe try playing it yourself. Sometimes, survivors will farm and sandbag, which being able to to warn everyone to avoid being around them may be helpful. In situations with killers camping or with no one coming, it'd be helpful to notify the group as such, too. Other games have more communication options. Why can't DbD?

Kindred being in the base kit of survivors may be a good idea, too, though it should probably be nurfed to exclude the killer's whereabouts unless that isn't too op. Otherwise, just being able to press a button or to type out that no one's coming could also be helpful.

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2018

@Orion said:

@Someissues said:

@Orion said:
    Use Kindred.

its 8 meters. you can literally just stand 10m and still camp with full view of hook and get there easily in 2 seconds.. waste of a perk slot past rank 15

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58

@P3Myers said:

@Orion said:

@Someissues said:

@Orion said:
    Use Kindred.

its 8 meters. you can literally just stand 10m and still camp with full view of hook and get there easily in 2 seconds. waste of a perk slot past rank 15

• Orion

@P3Myers said:

@Orion said:

@Someissues said:

@Orion said:
    Use Kindred.

its 8 meters. you can literally just stand 10m and still camp with full view of hook and get there easily in 2 seconds.. waste of a perk slot past rank 15

Read the comment of the person I was replying to instead of assuming I don't know how Kindred works.

• goldseeker22
    goldseeker22 Member Posts: 75

there is only 1 way to truly fix camping.. make it not worth more than looping. besides that. surivovrs shouldnt be an ass.. even if u give massive penalty to campers. they will still camp.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

did you know killers have a perk called insidious that is specifically made so that killer can camp

that would mean that the devs want camping to be a viable strategy , so take your "fix camping" threads and shove them

• Someissues

@fluffybunny said:
    You guys are thinking of swf. We're talking about adding a buff to communication possibilities that will positively influence solo play, which can be difficult. If you're not aware it can be a pain, maybe try playing it yourself. Sometimes, survivors will farm and sandbag, which being able to to warn everyone to avoid being around them may be helpful. In situations with killers camping or with no one coming, it'd be helpful to notify the group as such, too. Other games have more communication options. Why can't DbD?

Kindred being in the base kit of survivors may be a good idea, too, though it should probably be nurfed to exclude the killer's whereabouts unless that isn't too op. Otherwise, just being able to press a button or to type out that no one's coming could also be helpful.

Identity V have Kindred for all survivors by default, to help balance solo players with SWF, and the game is more or less balanced towards SWF (meaning it's harder to survive solo), but there are many benefits as i mention like solo players being able to communicate and such

saying it's fine nothing needs to be changed are you aware then the possiblity of balancing SWF is 0? If they buff solo players near SWF standards they will balance SWF. This worked in Identity V and the Killers are still crazy strong on that game

i am speaking this as a Killer main, it's quite sad many people don't get this and kept their biased view on it's fine its fine

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Someissues said:

@fluffybunny said:

Identity V have Kindred for all survivors by default, to help balance solo players with SWF, and the game is more or less balanced towards SWF (meaning it's harder to survive solo), but there are many benefits as i mention like solo players being able to communicate and such

saying it's fine nothing needs to be changed are you aware then the possiblity of balancing SWF is 0? If they buff solo players near SWF standards they will balance SWF. This worked in Identity V and the Killers are still crazy strong on that game

i am speaking this as a Killer main, it's quite sad many people don't get this and kept their biased view on it's fine its fine

People don't like change. I think that's the biggest issue. Honestly, the game could benefit from a buff to solo play (if there was built in kindred and other methods of communication). We can't just get rid of SWF since it is quite popular, so we should buff solo play and also buff killers to counter swf and solo play. There's many things we can do and discuss, but most of these people are too busy being triggered to have a conversation.

• Someissues
    edited August 2018

@fluffybunny said:

People don't like change. I think that's the biggest issue. Honestly, the game could benefit from a buff to solo play (if there was built in kindred and other methods of communication). We can't just get rid of SWF since it is quite popular, so we should buff solo play and also buff killers to counter swf and solo play. There's many things we can do and discuss, but most of these people are too busy being triggered to have a conversation.

Exactly, every killer main would know SWF is the biggest problem. but they can't be nerfing Solo players along with SWF that's why Solo should gets buffed so then SWF will gets balanced around that

Which would be a good thing, if they balance for it afterward. One of the biggest issues in the game is swf has several advantages over solo due to comms. At this point, just give everyone comms and then balance around it. We all know swf isn't going anywhere, and split queues aren't ever coming. This idea, at least, limits the old 12 yr old screaming racial slurs all match effect that f13 had

But even if we assume that SWF is actually overpowered because of comms, then all survivors should have proper methods of communication so the game could be balanced around it.

• Lockheart
    Lockheart Member Posts: 31

There are three types of camping:

1) Face camping. Just staring into your victims eyes as they wriggle on the hooks. This is bad. It throws the game for the killer and ruins the fun for the survivors.

2) Nearby camping. Camping a hook nearby, within range. Killers should stop doing this as it does hurt them a lot. However. Survivors should stop feeding camping killers... Wait. No. We get punished, lose points, lose ranks, if we don't get those saves.

3) Patrol camping. Or lure camping. I like this. Adds a little cat and mouse to the game. Especially with a Wraith or Huntress. You do other things near the hook. Keep yourself busy. Break gens. Break pallets. Etc... You also stay just enough distance away for survivors to think it's safe. Then appear or get a crafty hatchet shot in fro ma good distance. Down one or injure another, then give chase to any left standing. This is fun.

I mean, hooks are in the game so that we still have a chance of saving our team. But they are a punishment. So if you get downed when saving someone; your fault. And if you get downed right after being saved; partially your fault but all I see are bad saves for days. Seriously. The bigger issue is teaching survivors to do safe saves.

• Lockheart

To add on:
    1) REALLY BAD FOR EVERYONE!
    2) Bad game design.
    3) Bad balance.

Chose your poison.

• Someissues
    edited August 2018

@Lockheart said:
    To add on:
    2) Bad game design.
    3) Bad balance.

Chose your poison.

Why is it bad balance? You did not explain why it's bad at all, it works in Identity V and I have 100% win rate as Hunter on ranked

There's a thing called SWF in the game and it negates everything in this regard, they can balance SWF after solo players gets a small buff, which is needed since SWF is so strong on this game, SWF on identity V is balanced, you will get draws but it's still possible to win not like get bullied

• Lockheart

@Someissues said:

@Lockheart said:
    To add on:
    2) Bad game design.
    3) Bad balance.

Chose your poison.

Why is it bad balance? You did not explain why it's bad at all, it works in Identity V and I have 100% win rate as Hunter on ranked

There's a thing called SWF in the game and it negates everything in this regard, they can balance SWF after solo players gets a small buff, which is needed since SWF is so strong on this game, SWF on identity V is balanced, you will get draws but it's still possible to win not like get bullied

it works in Identity V. 100% win rate as Hunter on ranked. 100% is hardly balanced unless you are the best Hunter in that game.

But no. I was saying that camping, in the "cat and mouse" way I mentioned before, puts the killer at a disadvantage compared to the 2nd type. It literally means the killer is giving the survivors an advantaged chance to get the save compared to normally camping nearby.

• Someissues

@Lockheart said:

But no. I was saying that camping, in the "cat and mouse" way I mentioned before, puts the killer at a disadvantage compared to the 2nd type. It literally means the killer is giving the survivors an advantaged chance to get the save compared to normally camping nearby.

I've lost a few games since then since the game is still new and survivors are not adapting to the gameplay, but my winrate still hovers 98% winrate and I would say I am one of the best hunters in the game yes. DBD experience with near 3k hours helps alot when it comes to playing Killers

You might think it puts the killer in disadvantage but i am still able to do well in Identity V, it's exactly the same as in DBD in this regards but mobile version, as i said with kindred build-in and everything i am still able to do well as Killer

did you not notice my other rank, the top one is Survivor, i have 70% survival rate as well

Number 1 Hunter had close to 45% winrate

and Number 1 survivor had 80% winrate on highest rank