Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you be upset if pips & rank moved behind the scenes?

I have lately developed the opinion that removing pips and rank from player's view would greatly improve the health of this game. I think the concepts should be kept for the matchmaking algorithm but why do we need to see them? Personally I would be happy just seeing how many bloodpoints I earned at the end if the match.

In my experience, seeing rank before a match can alter how players interact with the rest of the survivor team. And yes, many will claim that they aren't a team but I think people would work together better if they didn't know the difference in their ranks.

Also, red ranks seems to be an incredibly contentious place to be. I have a theory why. When you are low rank and get destroyed by a killer, you don't feel as bad if they are several ranks higher. It's easier to just let it go. But I imagine this is difficult when you're vying for a top spot.

What do other people think? Would making pips and rank a purely unseen matchmaking component be better for the game and community?

Comments