Killer hanging too close to hooked survivors

Options

I play both survivor and killer, achievements I am down to 14 left and I will have them all at this point in time with over 2k hours of playing time. So I can say I have experience with this game.

With that said, I believe there should be something set up that the entity will stop going after a survivor on a hook if the killer is too close "The entity doesn't want to share the kill or something like that." Not that I am against camping, I can't stand it but won't sit here and get on the killer's case for it since Survivors can gen rush to get past this, but when a killer just stands there watching someone die, the person on the hook basically has a game ruined they waited a while to play.

To make this clear, one game I literally got right into to have the killer right on top of me in under 7 seconds. I had no chance to hide or get away, and then get face camped so the game was totally ruined for me. I mean, I just went to the next game, but to wait all that time to have a game where you literally couldn't do anything to play ... kind of ruined that one game completely.

This new mechanic would stop someone's game from being completely ruined without too much of a punishment. Entity would continue the moment the killer walked away, stop again when the killer returns. It also helps some killers who want to set up traps like the trapper ... but time is too short to really set them up the way you want and get away before the survivor dies off. You want to get away to use your traps but time is short.

Comments

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

Then people will rush the hook to keep the Killer there and stop the struggle timer.

• MongByeolBuddies
    MongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 146
    edited November 2019
    Options

I don't like it either so I came up with an idea to make it more difficult for killers to tunnel and camp but at the same time help killers by making matches take a little longer. You can check it out here.

• WillWolf76
    WillWolf76 Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2019
    Options

Well then, maybe make it so that another survivor in the area overrides the killer stopping it. Also to prevent the killer from using this is a tool to find survivors, he can't see progression of hooked.

I am glad you said this because I didn't think of that problem. Would this be a good solution to it?

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

As much as everyone would love a way to punish campers, there is no way to do it that ends it with no problems. The devs tried this and it got royally abused, even with the addition you made in a later comment. All the devs can do is punish it, they can not prevent this.

• It also helps some killers who want to set up traps like the trapper ... but time is too short to really set them up the way you want and get away before the survivor dies off

That just hurts these kind of killers even more. If you wanna set up a portal as demo or set traps as a trapper or hag, you will be giving them more artificial time, effectively helping them. Also if the killer is a stealth killer, the survivor will know that the killer did not leave yet, effectively giving them a built in mini kindred, which will punish the killer even more because everyone will see the timer is paused and just hammer gens until it goes down.

All of that is a huge oversight in your suggestion and there is no good way to fix it because you wanted to change one thing.