the hatch standoff has to go

Comments

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    edited July 2018

@KingArthanal said:
    Yes but why you say you can still win the game after killer found hatch? He close it and you can only open with doing a gen. Wasn’t that your words?

yes it was.

you can still do generators to power the exit to get out even if the hatch is closed.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

Look its been lovely "discussing" this with you two, but we wont get anywhere. you keep spewing "entitlement" nonsense and im just trying to argue my case.i did not start the entitlement talk, you guys did, because i know in the end it ends up being a mud throwing contest if we do use the word, "entitled"

when you start mixing entitlement in to it, then all discussion is washed down the sink.

The hatch is an additional exit you dont have to work for. im not against that, im really not, but im against the mechanic that allows the hatch stand off to happen. im mostly in favor of being able to close it, but frankly? id be fine with me not being able to legit stand on the hatch too. im ONLY interested in NOT being able to be in a hatch stand off. the mechanic that allows this to happen is bad.

so if i simply cant stand on the hatch so i cant block it at all, i would be fine with that too. i wouldnt prefer it, but hey what ever.

they just need to fix the stand off, so that the killer doesnt have to "allow" anyone to escape. it shouldnt be beneficial for me to "let" someone escape. and if i cant stand on the hatch, hey that solves the problem.

but now we can do the hatch stand off. and if we ever get in to a game, trust me, i wont let you go. even if i have to take 45 minutes. maybe then you realize that you still have generators you can do.

good day people.

It's not a "mechanic" when two people are stubborn and are just standing there.....

no but its a mechanic that allowed this to happen. the only other place you can find this is if the killer blocks the basement.

What? Ur still here? I thought u took ur ball and went home CUZ ur salty. 

me too. but i guess i didnt. and i thought you went back to school. this isnt a schoolyard rap video.

Lmao what is that even supposed to mean. A rap video XD maybe u should visit a school and have some of the kids go over comebacks with u. 
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

Look its been lovely "discussing" this with you two, but we wont get anywhere. you keep spewing "entitlement" nonsense and im just trying to argue my case.i did not start the entitlement talk, you guys did, because i know in the end it ends up being a mud throwing contest if we do use the word, "entitled" when you start mixing entitlement in to it, then all discussion is washed down the sink. The hatch is an additional exit you dont have to work for. im not against that, im really not, but im against the mechanic that allows the hatch stand off to happen. im mostly in favor of being able to close it, but frankly? id be fine with me not being able to legit stand on the hatch too. im ONLY interested in NOT being able to be in a hatch stand off. the mechanic that allows this to happen is bad. so if i simply cant stand on the hatch so i cant block it at all, i would be fine with that too. i wouldnt prefer it, but hey what ever. they just need to fix the stand off, so that the killer doesnt have to "allow" anyone to escape. it shouldnt be beneficial for me to "let" someone escape. and if i cant stand on the hatch, hey that solves the problem. but now we can do the hatch stand off. and if we ever get in to a game, trust me, i wont let you go. even if i have to take 45 minutes. maybe then you realize that you still have generators you can do. good day people.

It's not a "mechanic" when two people are stubborn and are just standing there.....

no but its a mechanic that allowed this to happen. the only other place you can find this is if the killer blocks the basement.

me too. but i guess i didnt. and i thought you went back to school. this isnt a schoolyard rap video.

Lmao what is that even supposed to mean. A rap video XD maybe u should visit a school and have some of the kids go over comebacks with u. 

you talk about balls and "cuz" and salty. sounds like a rap video. why do you even have the need to start flinging ######### at people.

its typical survivor main behavior, to be snide, sarcastic and a bit of a smuck. i bet you're the type that actually review bombed this game when the patch came out.

• KingArthanal
    KingArthanal Member Posts: 91

@KingArthanal said:
    Yes but why you say you can still win the game after killer found hatch? He close it and you can only open with doing a gen. Wasn’t that your words?

yes it was.

you can still do generators to power the exit to get out even if the hatch is closed.

Yes so we have a free kill after closing hatch and because killer find hatch in 80% of the case, it’s a unfair advantage. That’s it. It’s killed sided.
  • chemical_reject

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

Look its been lovely "discussing" this with you two, but we wont get anywhere. you keep spewing "entitlement" nonsense and im just trying to argue my case.i did not start the entitlement talk, you guys did, because i know in the end it ends up being a mud throwing contest if we do use the word, "entitled" when you start mixing entitlement in to it, then all discussion is washed down the sink. The hatch is an additional exit you dont have to work for. im not against that, im really not, but im against the mechanic that allows the hatch stand off to happen. im mostly in favor of being able to close it, but frankly? id be fine with me not being able to legit stand on the hatch too. im ONLY interested in NOT being able to be in a hatch stand off. the mechanic that allows this to happen is bad. so if i simply cant stand on the hatch so i cant block it at all, i would be fine with that too. i wouldnt prefer it, but hey what ever. they just need to fix the stand off, so that the killer doesnt have to "allow" anyone to escape. it shouldnt be beneficial for me to "let" someone escape. and if i cant stand on the hatch, hey that solves the problem. but now we can do the hatch stand off. and if we ever get in to a game, trust me, i wont let you go. even if i have to take 45 minutes. maybe then you realize that you still have generators you can do. good day people.

you talk about balls and "cuz" and salty. sounds like a rap video. why do you even have the need to start flinging ######### at people.

Did I say balls? I don't feel like looking but I don't remember mentioning any balls. 
  • Beardedragon

@KingArthanal said:
    Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

yes it was.

Yes so we have a free kill after closing hatch and because killer find hatch in 80% of the case, it’s a unfair advantage. That’s it. It’s killed sided.

your logic fails here. you dont get a free kill when there is an exit you can power.

and its not an unfair advantage. stop thinking this is a 1v1 game. its 4v1 game where your entire TEAM was molested. it will NEVER be fair when you're alone. get over it.

the hatch is closed, now do your generators. play better or find pray you get a better team next time. its not a 1v1 game, so yes its unfair. its supposed to be unfair 1v1.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said: Beardedragon said:

Look its been lovely "discussing" this with you two, but we wont get anywhere. you keep spewing "entitlement" nonsense and im just trying to argue my case.i did not start the entitlement talk, you guys did, because i know in the end it ends up being a mud throwing contest if we do use the word, "entitled"    when you start mixing entitlement in to it, then all discussion is washed down the sink.    The hatch is an additional exit you dont have to work for. im not against that, im really not, but im against the mechanic that allows the hatch stand off to happen. im mostly in favor of being able to close it, but frankly? id be fine with me not being able to legit stand on the hatch too. im ONLY interested in NOT being able to be in a hatch stand off. the mechanic that allows this to happen is bad.    so if i simply cant stand on the hatch so i cant block it at all, i would be fine with that too. i wouldnt prefer it, but hey what ever.    they just need to fix the stand off, so that the killer doesnt have to "allow" anyone to escape. it shouldnt be beneficial for me to "let" someone escape. and if i cant stand on the hatch, hey that solves the problem.    but now we can do the hatch stand off. and if we ever get in to a game, trust me, i wont let you go. even if i have to take 45 minutes. maybe then you realize that you still have generators you can do.    good day people.

It's not a "mechanic" when two people are stubborn and are just standing there..... no but its a mechanic that allowed this to happen. the only other place you can find this is if the killer blocks the basement.

Did I say balls? I don't feel like looking but I don't remember mentioning any balls. 

oh no you said took your ball. my bad. i didnt read it thoroughly because i thought you were spewing nonsense. which you did but hey my bad.

are we going to keep throwing mud or are we done?

• chemical_reject

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

its typical survivor main behavior, to be snide, sarcastic and a bit of a smuck. i bet you're the type that actually review bombed this game when the patch came out.

No no review bomb from me. And if u look at some of my previous comments on the forum I was very open about my dislike for the review bomb cuz it was petty. 

And ur just acting like the typical "killer main" raging on forum and then going HAM on ur keyboard when someone doesn't agree with u 
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

Look its been lovely "discussing" this with you two, but we wont get anywhere. you keep spewing "entitlement" nonsense and im just trying to argue my case.i did not start the entitlement talk, you guys did, because i know in the end it ends up being a mud throwing contest if we do use the word, "entitled"    when you start mixing entitlement in to it, then all discussion is washed down the sink.    The hatch is an additional exit you dont have to work for. im not against that, im really not, but im against the mechanic that allows the hatch stand off to happen. im mostly in favor of being able to close it, but frankly? id be fine with me not being able to legit stand on the hatch too. im ONLY interested in NOT being able to be in a hatch stand off. the mechanic that allows this to happen is bad.    so if i simply cant stand on the hatch so i cant block it at all, i would be fine with that too. i wouldnt prefer it, but hey what ever.    they just need to fix the stand off, so that the killer doesnt have to "allow" anyone to escape. it shouldnt be beneficial for me to "let" someone escape. and if i cant stand on the hatch, hey that solves the problem.    but now we can do the hatch stand off. and if we ever get in to a game, trust me, i wont let you go. even if i have to take 45 minutes. maybe then you realize that you still have generators you can do.    good day people.

It's not a "mechanic" when two people are stubborn and are just standing there..... no but its a mechanic that allowed this to happen. the only other place you can find this is if the killer blocks the basement.

No no review bomb from me. And if u look at some of my previous comments on the forum I was very open about my dislike for the review bomb cuz it was petty. 

And ur just acting like the typical "killer main" raging on forum and then going HAM on ur keyboard when someone doesn't agree with u 

copy paste where i was raging? im arguing why the hatch stand off is #########, as a mechanic that allows this to happen. then you start calling entitlements, which is a declaration of you, throwing away all arguments from this discussion.

the moment you say free kills, free saves, entitlement, all that, the discussion is pretty much over.

i didnt start that, you did.

• chemical_reject

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

oh no you said took your ball. my bad. i didnt read it thoroughly because i thought you were spewing nonsense. which you did but hey my bad.

I've got all day. If i were home I'd be busy playing dbd ( which is what u should be doing until u improve)
  • chemical_reject

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

copy paste where i was raging? im arguing why the hatch stand off is #########, as a mechanic that allows this to happen. then you start calling entitlements, which is a declaration of you, throwing away all arguments from this discussion.

the moment you say free kills, free saves, entitlement, all that, the discussion is pretty much over.

i didnt start that, you did.

Like I said. Ur VIBE is the raging type. 
  • Beardedragon

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:    Beardedragon said:

It's not a "mechanic" when two people are stubborn and are just standing there.....        no but its a mechanic that allowed this to happen. the only other place you can find this is if the killer blocks the basement.

What? Ur still here? I thought u took ur ball and went home CUZ ur salty.  me too. but i guess i didnt. and i thought you went back to school. this isnt a schoolyard rap video.

I've got all day. If i were home I'd be busy playing dbd ( which is what u should be doing until u improve)

nice one, but with the new hag i feel like ive gotten quite the hang of 4ks. you can only improve so much in this game without specific perks that extends the game.

i dont really need to improve, i play casually. but as far as i can tell maybe you should work on your survivor skills too. if a killer stands on the hatch you seemingly just go to him waiting for him to move so you can get by. you never once thought about the fact that you could keep doing generators.

• KingArthanal

@KingArthanal said:
    Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

yes it was.

your logic fails here. you dont get a free kill when there is an exit you can power.

and its not an unfair advantage. stop thinking this is a 1v1 game. its 4v1 game where your entire TEAM was molested. it will NEVER be fair when you're alone. get over it.

the hatch is closed, now do your generators. play better or find pray you get a better team next time. its not a 1v1 game, so yes its unfair. its supposed to be unfair 1v1.

Ignoring what Iam saying doesn’t help to solve any problem. In 99% of the cases you won’t be able to do any single gen with a average killer. And that’s my definition of free kill, yes. You have to stop thinking that asymmetrical games mean you’re entitled to get last kill when you’re killing 3 survivor. Already killing 3 is definition of asymmetrical but that doesn’t mean last one should free kill. What you’re telling us is the definition of an unbalanced game, what is a completely different thing. Maybe you should play more than 200 hours and come back to talk again. Guys like you make this game even worse. You have so many chances to kill last survivor before the hatch even spawn. Whatever you say, devs know why it is, how it is. Gladly nobody listen to your completly insane ideas.
  • KingArthanal
    In fact hatch thing is already unbalanced. Otherwise I wouldn’t get so often 4K.
  • chemical_reject
    Once again refer to my above post about not minding if I escape or not. 

Let me just wrap this up for u.....here I go.

"BOOOHOO hatch stand off NERF NERF NERF. WAHWAHWAH. If u don't agree with me ur a survivor maining snob who should git good. Killers have a hard knock life.  KILLERS RULE AND SURVIVORS DROOL!"

There that about sums u up. 
  • KingArthanal

"BOOOHOO hatch stand off NERF NERF NERF. WAHWAHWAH. If u don't agree with me ur a survivor maining snob who should git good. Killers have a hard knock life.  KILLERS RULE AND SURVIVORS DROOL!"

I don’t want to disrespect someone but that’s so true.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@KingArthanal said:
    Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

yes it was.

Ignoring what Iam saying doesn’t help to solve any problem. In 99% of the cases you won’t be able to do any single gen with a average killer. And that’s my definition of free kill, yes. You have to stop thinking that asymmetrical games mean you’re entitled to get last kill when you’re killing 3 survivor. Already killing 3 is definition of asymmetrical but that doesn’t mean last one should free kill. What you’re telling us is the definition of an unbalanced game, what is a completely different thing. Maybe you should play more than 200 hours and come back to talk again. Guys like you make this game even worse. You have so many chances to kill last survivor before the hatch even spawn. Whatever you say, devs know why it is, how it is. Gladly nobody listen to your completly insane ideas.

assymetrical gameplay means its unfair in a 1v1 situation versus the killer.

you can do generators even when you are alone. ive done it as survivor, and ive gotten it done to me as killer. some people just play that well.

the idea to close off the hatch was taken off the table again after it was implemented in a patch, because survivors complained. in fact, developers listened to survivors for so long and are now realizing how much they ######### up doing so. thats why many of these perks are now being nerfed. everyone screamed at DS being OP, and several years later, will it finally potentially get the nerf it should have had ages ago.

the idea of closing the hatch isnt bad. its not a balanced game in a 1v1 scenario. you are also responsible for your teammates deaths because you didnt aid them, you didnt block the killer, flashlight him, help them, unhooked them. you are part reason, they are dead.

if you stop thinking 1v 1+1+1+1 and start thinking 1v4, as a team, maybe you would do better.

im not ignoring anything, in many cases you CAN do a single generator. its possible. and in many cases where the hatch stand off happens, there are exactly only that left, 1 generator. not always but many times. close off the hatch and its STILL possible to do 1 generator. if you have several generators left? yea maybe you die. it happens. your team was bad, its now 1v1 dont expect to live. but, its not impossible. like the new pickup time and flashlight saves. its not impossible to do either, its just harder.

you completely over exaggerate the numbers when it comes to being alone. its perfectly possible to do one generator when being alone. if the survivor plays his cards right which you seemingly dont.

you have to stop thinking being 1v1 means you are entitled to survive. you see what happens? use of entitlement = all discussion ends up being a mud throwing fest.

• chemical_reject
    And for clarification I play killer and survivor probably equally, I just don't rage on the forums about stupid things
  • Beardedragon

@KingArthanal said:
    chemical_reject said:

I don’t want to disrespect someone but that’s so true.

yes you do. and you did.

• KingArthanal
    edited July 2018

@KingArthanal said:
    Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

yes it was.

you can do generators even when you are alone. ive done it as survivor, and ive gotten it done to me as killer. some people just play that well.

the idea to close off the hatch was taken off the table again after it was implemented in a patch, because survivors complained. in fact, developers listened to survivors for so long and are now realizing how much they ######### up doing so. thats why many of these perks are now being nerfed. everyone screamed at DS being OP, and several years later, will it finally potentially get the nerf it should have had ages ago.

the idea of closing the hatch isnt bad. its not a balanced game in a 1v1 scenario. you are also responsible for your teammates deaths because you didnt aid them, you didnt block the killer, flashlight him, help them, unhooked them. you are part reason, they are dead.

if you stop thinking 1v 1+1+1+1 and start thinking 1v4, as a team, maybe you would do better.

im not ignoring anything, in 99% cases you CAN do a single generator. its possible. and in many cases where the hatch stand off happens, there are exactly only that left, 1 generator. not always but many times. close off the hatch and its STILL possible to do 1 generator. if you have several generators left? yea maybe you die. it happens. your team was bad, its now 1v1 dont expect to live. but, its not impossible. like the new pickup time and flashlight saves. its not impossible to do either, its just harder.

you completely over exaggerate the numbers when it comes to being alone. its perfectly possible to do one generator when being alone. if the survivor plays his cards right which you seemingly dont.

you have to stop thinking being 1v1 means you are entitled to survive. you see what happens? use of entitlement = all discussion ends up being a mud throwing fest.

As I already said, killer is already in a unfair advantage 1v1. So it doesn’t need a additional nerf. The only thing is too get rid off hatch standoff’s with making it impossible to grab but 1 shot in a 15 yards radius. And this would be more than fair to killer then.

btw you shouldn’t use cases of your rank 20 matches because this end in really silly things. Balance should be between 1-10 and their is no problem with hatch standoff so far. Don’t do gens 1v1 = dead survivor as long he’s not camping hatch but that won’t be case in your example.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    And for clarification I play killer and survivor probably equally, I just don't rage on the forums about stupid things

i dont rage either. i used arguments, but you threw free kill and entitlement in my face.

the fact this degenerated in to a mud throwing fest is because of you guys, not me. and its nice you have a butt buddy that can help you, but it doesnt make you more right.

then afterwards, you went on to make a baby post where you try to "sum up" what i do. thats about as childish as it can get.

if you think the hatch stand offs are great thats fine. just remember that if we ever find a game together, and this happens, ill be standing on that hatch and you're gonna have to do generators to go out, because you wont get out otherwise. then we can see how "fun" that mechanic is when everyone wastes 30 min.

• chemical_reject
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:

i dont rage either. i used arguments, but you threw free kill and entitlement in my face.

the fact this degenerated in to a mud throwing fest is because of you guys, not me. and its nice you have a butt buddy that can help you, but it doesnt make you more right.

Lol aww ur ego must be really fragile if u have to resort to name calling and finger pointing. Ur arguments don't hold water and  it wasn't about being "right" or "wrong" but ur raging and just can't seem to let it go. Just like when a survivor is at the hatch and instead of hitting them and moving on you'll waste ur time standing there. 
  • chemical_reject
    I feel bad. U got really worked up over basically nothing so here, let me give u exactly what u want. 

I'm wrong, ur right. I'm dumb, ur smart. Killers are awesome and survivors suck. 

There's ur 4K enjoy it. 
  • Beardedragon

@KingArthanal said:
    In fact hatch thing is already unbalanced. Otherwise I wouldn’t get so often 4K.

how does the hatch have anything to do with 4k? if you kill them be> @KingArthanal said:

Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said: Yes but why you say you can still win the game after killer found hatch? He close it and you can only open with doing a gen. Wasn’t that your words? yes it was. you can still do generators to power the exit to get out even if the hatch is closed.

im not ignoring anything, in 99% cases you CAN do a single generator. its possible. and in many cases where the hatch stand off happens, there are exactly only that left, 1 generator. not always but many times. close off the hatch and its STILL possible to do 1 generator. if you have several generators left? yea maybe you die. it happens. your team was bad, its now 1v1 dont expect to live. but, its not impossible. like the new pickup time and flashlight saves. its not impossible to do either, its just harder.

As I already said, killer is already in a unfair advantage 1v1. So it doesn’t need a additional nerf. The only thing is too get rid off hatch standoff’s with making it impossible to grab but 1 shot in a 15 yards radius. And this would be more than fair to killer then.

btw you shouldn’t use cases of your rank 20 matches because this end in really silly things. Balance should be between 1-10 and their is no problem with hatch standoff so far. Don’t do gens 1v1 = dead survivor as long he’s not camping hatch but that won’t be case in your example.

i actually once did suggest a few changes to stop the hatch stand off, one of them was that hitting people near the hatch put them in the dying effect.

but yes its unfair, because its supposed to be unfair. its NOT supposed to be fair 1v1.

it is, however, still possible to win if theres 1 generator left, even if the hatch was closed.

i also dont use cases of my rank 20 battles since im rank 14. im a casual player, and those make up the majority of the game. we dont have all perks, so games are often not very long for us without game extending perks, BBQ and chili on all guys and so on.

i never said a hatch stand off happened regularily, its very rare to happen. but it DOES happen, and it should not happen. so if i cant block the hatch id be fine with that, but i would prefer if it could just be closed.

but hey either way is fine

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    I feel bad. U got really worked up over basically nothing so here, let me give u exactly what u want. 

I'm wrong, ur right. I'm dumb, ur smart. Killers are awesome and survivors suck. 

There's ur 4K enjoy it. 

survivors dont suck what are you saying.

but sure if you want to prove me right be my guest.i thought u said you had time though.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Lol aww ur ego must be really fragile if u have to resort to name calling and finger pointing. Ur arguments don't hold water and  it wasn't about being "right" or "wrong" but ur raging and just can't seem to let it go. Just like when a survivor is at the hatch and instead of hitting them and moving on you'll waste ur time standing there. 

says the guy that made a "sum up" of me sounding like a baby. look at yourself mate. you have to resort to childish behavior.

theres nothing wrong with not letting them go. im fulfulling my objective which is to kill them. how can you have a problem with me doing what im supposed to? you wanna let them go, go ahead. i wont. i want to fulfill my objectives.

• chemical_reject

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

says the guy that made a "sum up" of me sounding like a baby. look at yourself mate. you have to resort to childish behavior.

theres nothing wrong with not letting them go. im fulfulling my objective which is to kill them. how can you have a problem with me doing what im supposed to? you wanna let them go, go ahead. i wont. i want to fulfill my objectives.

Never said I have a problem with it. By all means fulfill ur objective  if u can but I bet 9 times out of 10 u end up standing there wasting ur time that could be spent in another match because ur fragile little ego wants his 4k for free. U don't like the "hatch stand off" but u are just as much the problem as the "survivor who shouldn't get out cuz not all the gens got done"
  • chemical_reject
    And I never said the sum up was u as a baby. That's just what u sound like and of it comes off as a baby to u maybe u should do some deep thinking 
  • chemical_reject
    Anywho, this has been fun but my road trip is over so I'm gonna go have some fun and actually have a life. Have fun standing at the hatch!! @Beardedragon
  • KingArthanal
    Yes but nobody want a killer sided hatch thing. Even not me as main killer, it’s already to easy 4K if only 2 are left. I mean survivor should be downed in a 15 yards radius not completly killed and than no grab animation. Only way to deal with this. I don’t know him but he’s just right, you’re crying about something and try make this game a killer sided while nobody is interested in such a thing. Deal it same way like hatch standoffs and move on. If you’re too bad and you end it in hatch standoff it’s your fault but then you should may the survivor let escape. Just accept you’re not good enough, I do the same if I lost a game. Who cares.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Never said I have a problem with it. By all means fulfill ur objective  if u can but I bet 9 times out of 10 u end up standing there wasting ur time that could be spent in another match because ur fragile little ego wants his 4k for free. U don't like the "hatch stand off" but u are just as much the problem as the "survivor who shouldn't get out cuz not all the gens got done"

again with the insults and i dont get why. you constantly, at every turn attempt to take a swing at me. you can keep saying im the guy raging, but you're the guy that constantly mocks me for trying to argue why i think the hatch stand off needs a fix.

you say i want my 4k for free, how is that different from the survivor im looking at, who wants his escape for free? how are we different? you want the survivor to just get out for free, but i cant get a kill for free?

how about no one gets anything for free and work for it. i dont have a fragile ego, i just want to do my objectives which is to kill. why would i let him out? he can still get out. i dont hold the game hostage. and yes most of the time is a waste of time because the survivor teabags and stands in front of me and doesnt do the generators that he could simply go do. if i see him go for it, i will chase him down. if i fail to do so he reaches the hatch and get out. i say GG. its done.

i dont have a problem with the survivor being able to leave the game because generators arent done. he just have to get to the hatch before i do so i cant close it in. that or the killer shouldnt be able to block the hatch, that way there also wouldnt be a problem. i dont care what the "Fix" for the stand off is dude, it just needs to be so that i cant physically stand on the hatch to block it or grab him. because if i can, i will because i dont want to let him out as well as i can.

its like being a survivor and saying: I COULD survive, but im going to let myself die. it makes no sense.

• KingArthanal
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

again with the insults and i dont get why. you constantly, at every turn attempt to take a swing at me. you can keep saying im the guy raging, but you're the guy that constantly mocks me for trying to argue why i think the hatch stand off needs a fix.

you say i want my 4k for free, how is that different from the survivor im looking at, who wants his escape for free? how are we different? you want the survivor to just get out for free, but i cant get a kill for free?

how about no one gets anything for free and work for it. i dont have a fragile ego, i just want to do my objectives which is to kill. why would i let him out? he can still get out. i dont hold the game hostage. and yes most of the time is a waste of time because the survivor teabags and stands in front of me and doesnt do the generators that he could simply go do. if i see him go for it, i will chase him down. if i fail to do so he reaches the hatch and get out. i say GG. its done.

i dont have a problem with the survivor being able to leave the game because generators are done. he just have to get to the hatch before i do so i cant close it in. that or the killer shouldnt be able to block the hatch, that way there also wouldnt be a problem. i dont care what the "Fix" for the stand off is dude, it just needs to be so that i cant physically stand on the hatch to block it or grab him. because if i can, i will because i dont want to let him out as well as i can.

Just one question. How is it a free escape when you have to survive 300 sec during mate downed and after that he hooked with bbq, he can see you and have another 120 sec before you gonna can go through hatch. Then the hatch open but you still have to search it while killer already found it. You have really a weird point of view and no real valid arguements.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@KingArthanal said:
    Yes but nobody want a killer sided hatch thing. Even not me as main killer, it’s already to easy 4K if only 2 are left. I mean survivor should be downed in a 15 yards radius not completly killed and than no grab animation. Only way to deal with this. I don’t know him but he’s just right, you’re crying about something and try make this game a killer sided while nobody is interested in such a thing. Deal it same way like hatch standoffs and move on. If you’re too bad and you end it in hatch standoff it’s your fault but then you should may the survivor let escape. Just accept you’re not good enough, I do the same if I lost a game. Who cares.

i will not, and is never going to, let a survivor out when i can prevent it. im holding nothing hostage here he can do the generators if he wants. if he goes for them, i follow to kill. if i fail, he gets out. if i succeed, he doesnt get out.

its that simple. im a casual player, my skills are limited. i have never said anything else.

and how many times must i say i dont give a ######### if he gets out or not. im simply interested in this hatch stand off not being a possibility. it needs to be removed because if i CAN prevent him from leaving i will. if the game takes away my ability to let him leave, i will not be angry about it. if i cant grab him in the air im fine.

its the MECHANIC itself that bothers me. that im essentially supposed to LET him get out if i dont want to waste time. thats a bad mechanic. im not supposed to "let" anyone do anything.

if i cant grab him in the air and cant block the hatch, then the ability for me to let him out, gone. thats fine. but im given those options, so i will use those options.

but lets not forget that he also has the options to do generators. and right now, you cant close the hatch. so the killer wont move too far from the hatch either. it gives ample opportunities to do the generators.

asking a killer to let someone go is like asking a survivor to kill himself purposefully. if the game forces me to, (exits, hatch and im far from it) then its acceptable. of course it is. but if i can prevent it? why wouldnt i take it?

• chemical_reject

@KingArthanal said:

i will not, and is never going to, let a survivor out when i can prevent it. im holding nothing hostage here he can do the generators if he wants. if he goes for them, i follow to kill. if i fail, he gets out. if i succeed, he doesnt get out.

its that simple. im a casual player, my skills are limited. i have never said anything else.

and how many times must i say i dont give a [BAD WORD] if he gets out or not. im simply interested in this hatch stand off not being a possibility. it needs to be removed because if i CAN prevent him from leaving i will. if the game takes away my ability to let him leave, i will not be angry about it. if i cant grab him in the air im fine.

its the MECHANIC itself that bothers me. that im essentially supposed to LET him get out if i dont want to waste time. thats a bad mechanic. im not supposed to "let" anyone do anything.

if i cant grab him in the air and cant block the hatch, then the ability for me to let him out, gone. thats fine. but im given those options, so i will use those options.

but lets not forget that he also has the options to do generators. and right now, you cant close the hatch. so the killer wont move too far from the hatch either. it gives ample opportunities to do the generators.

U being to stubborn to just let it go and start a new match is NOT a MECHANIC
  • Beardedragon

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@KingArthanal said:

and how many times must i say i dont give a [BAD WORD] if he gets out or not. im simply interested in this hatch stand off not being a possibility. it needs to be removed because if i CAN prevent him from leaving i will. if the game takes away my ability to let him leave, i will not be angry about it. if i cant grab him in the air im fine.

U being to stubborn to just let it go and start a new match is NOT a MECHANIC

of course im stubborn.

but the mechanic allows me to be stubborn so i will be stubborn.

telling me to let him go is like telling a survivor to kill himself for the sake of the killer.

if the mechanic doesnt allow it, ill accept it whole heartedly. but it does, and i will kill him.

• chemical_reject
    edited July 2018
    I really gotta get off here but I want to do this for anyone just now tuning in. 

TL;DR
     @Beardedragon is raging cuz when they play killer they can't figure out a strategy againts survivors getting the hatch (like slugging the second to last one) so they want the devs to change the hatch so they can get their EZ4K.

AND got triggered when they were called out on their attitude of entitlement 
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    I really gotta get off here but I want to do this for anyone just now tuning in. 

TL;DR
     @Beardedragon is raging cuz when they play killer they can't figure out a strategy againts survivors getting the hatch (like slugging the second to last one) so they want the devs to change the hatch so they can get their EZ4K.

im not going to stoop to your level. but you cant say you are not childish, you have proven that over and over again with remarks like these.

theres also nothing "ez" about getting 4k. the game isnt a walk in the park for killers where we just molest everyone left and right. if it is to you you should play better as survivor.

• KingArthanal
    Ok, so let’s ask for a no grab animation and we are all fine. If you just want to get rid off hatch standoffs
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@KingArthanal said:
    Ok, so let’s ask for a no grab animation and we are all fine. If you just want to get rid off hatch standoffs

i would be fine with that.

i would prefer a closed hatch because i feel like generators are fine, but yes, i would be fine with a no grab animation.

• KingArthanal

@KingArthanal said:

i would be fine with that.

i would prefer a closed hatch because i feel like generators are fine, but yes, i would be fine with a no grab animation.

Ok Thank you
  • dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

ok i wake up to about 80 comments. right the main issue is. i found the hatch first. as far as i could tell i walked away 3 times in a row just for the survivor to take the hatch. so you are damn right i should of been entitled to close the hatch to those saying i should of slugged etc. anyway i got the achievement so kudos to those guys for not dcing on me on haddonfield

• dannyfrog87

@DraconDirnc said:
    I wish you the best of luck.

i finally got it lol. i never want to have to do or try that again!

• dannyfrog87
    edited July 2018

@chemical_reject said:
    Then the killer should just hit him and move on. NOT entitled to a 4K

i damn well was entitled too a 4k i worked hard enough for it to gain max ew3 and i made it to the hatch FIRST! this guy was not entitled to an escape but got one anyway. i walked away at least 3 times still no survivor then walked away a fourth time he got away oh yeah because it favoured them if i can manage to get enough evil to gain my tombstone to murder you all. your damn right im entitled to that but no this stupid mechanic favours them even if i make it to the hatch first. i hope to hell this change comes soon for the hatch it isnt fun for me having to wait around or even slugging etc and oh i was checking the gens but where i had them it was a stalemate they was boxed in with the gen locations but because of them letting me get enough evil the guy still gets an escape. damn well ridiculous

• dannyfrog87

@chemical_reject said:
    Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said:

Beardedragon said:

@chemical_reject said: You are not entitled to a free kill or an achievement.  how does he get a "free kill" by chasing down a survivor and.. well killing him? if you could close the hatch, the survivor could still get to it before the killer does. if he doesnt, he can still finish repairing generators. the hatch stand off needs to go away, as its, from a mechanic point of view, does not work. how they want to fix it, im not really interested in, just that they do.

It's a free kill because he didn't catch the survivor BEFORE the hatch was found. 

and if the survivor gets to the hatch thats fine.

but the killer should be able to close it. survivors dont need a free escape either.

the stand off is just stupid because it means people will just stare at one another

At that point it's just a game of who's more stubborn. 

and thats exactly why the hatch stand off has failed as a mechanic and needs to be fixed.

No the mechanic hasn't failed. The players have. If the survivor gets their first he should leave. If the killer gets there first, well he should patrol around for the survivor. If he camps the survivor should do gens. If he leaves the hatch then the survivor has a chance to escape thru it. 

It's stupid for both parties to just stand hatch. BUT being able to close the hatch and then go find the survivor on a gen is just a free kill. 

problem is that survivor never does gens. just camps around the hatch waiting for you to leave than actually think oh il go do that. so yeah this mechanic does fail as it has no counter when it should have one. ie i made it to the hatch FIRST i should of been able to close it! if this was a real life scenario no killer is going to look at you and be like hey jump down this hole and have a free escape or a movie etc you know what i mean? this mechanic is stupidly unbalanced and it just doesnt belong in dbd. me i think it should be removed but thats me but obviously that wont happen. simple thing to countering stand off no more hatch. or patch it in to the next update devs so we can close it

• dannyfrog87

@KingArthanal said:
    And what if they find the hatch at the exactly same time and how long does it take to close hatch? That are essential question had to be answered.

well in the ptb it was almost instant a quick stamp on the ground boom closed. and thats how it should be. it should of made it to the final build but they said they needed to it around the end game. well they already did oh yeah close it. exit gates powered but maybe points or other things. either way they should of just added it with the mechanics in the ptb. anyway its flogging a dead horse debating this any more so yep lol

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

ok i wake up to about 80 comments. right the main issue is. i found the hatch first. as far as i could tell i walked away 3 times in a row just for the survivor to take the hatch. so you are damn right i should of been entitled to close the hatch to those saying i should of slugged etc. anyway i got the achievement so kudos to those guys for not dcing on me on haddonfield

The killer's objective isn't finding the hatch. It's finding the survivor before they found the hatch. That's the point of the asymmetrical game. You are entitled to closing the hatch as much as you are to closing an exit gate or locking a generator: not at all.

Here's an easy solution:
    1. Increase hatch spawn requirements by 1 generator.
    2. Two chests respawn with a temporary key.
    3. The hatch now spawns closed even with one survivor left, but makes a quiet noise.
    4. Killer can no longer stand on the hatch.
    5. A survivor automatically opens and enters the hatch when near it using the key. 
    6. Survivors cannot be grabbed out of the hatch.

Survivors need to work harder to get, find, and use the hatch. Killers have more time to find the survivor. Neither are able to do a standoff.
  • Beardedragon

@Visionmaker said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

The killer's objective isn't finding the hatch. It's finding the survivor before they found the hatch. That's the point of the asymmetrical game. You are entitled to closing the hatch as much as you are to closing an exit gate or locking a generator: not at all.

Here's an easy solution:

3. The hatch now spawns closed even with one survivor left, but makes a quiet noise.

5. A survivor automatically opens and enters the hatch when near it using the key. 

Survivors need to work harder to get, find, and use the hatch. Killers have more time to find the survivor. Neither are able to do a standoff.

i... like the proposal.

• dannyfrog87
    edited July 2018

@Visionmaker said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

Here's an easy solution:

cannot be grabbed. get out of here with that and cant stand on the hatch. more survivor entitlement. so yeah we are powerless then cant grab them. yeah thats a no. the devs would never implement that then and if they did my word. the stupidity would be real. a temporary key giving another free save than doing a gen or actual objective. no

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2018

@Visionmaker said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

Here's an easy solution:

cannot be grabbed. get out of here with that and cant stand on the hatch. more survivor entitlement. so yeah we are powerless then cant grab them. yeah thats a no. the devs would never implement that then and if they did my word. the stupidity would be real. a temporary key giving another free save than doing a gen or actual objective. no

You aren't entitled to a free kill.

How about you find and kill them before they completed 3 generators, get a key, and find the hatch? If you can't do that, then you've failed.

Also, don't ######### about a hatch standoff when you're not open to changing it.
  • dannyfrog87
    edited July 2018

@Visionmaker said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

@Visionmaker said:

dannyfrog87 said:

Here's an easy solution:

• Increase hatch spawn requirements by 1 generator.

• Two chests respawn with a temporary key.

• The hatch now spawns closed even with one survivor left, but makes a quiet noise.

• Killer can no longer stand on the hatch.

• A survivor automatically opens and enters the hatch when near it using the key. 

• Survivors cannot be grabbed out of the hatch.

You aren't entitled to a free kill.

How about you find and kill them before they completed 3 generators, get a key, and find the hatch?

are we going to go over this again? i found the hatch first so your damn right i am if i managed to get enough evil to gain perma ew3 with only one gen left .... to kill everyone and i patrolled gens 3 times they did nothing in all of that time. just like they are not entitled to a free escape. i have my opinion. and your idea of "balance" just favours another free escape cant grab and allow their to be a key equalling another free escape. nothing more else to say because its just entitlement. now if i hadnt of gone through all that to gain enough ew3 then fair enough. so i was entitled to the kill as its hard enough as it is. survivor is easy mode. so save it. before doing 3 gens? i was trying to get the evil within achievement not murder them instantly. the hatch standoff breaks the balance when going for this what part of that dont you understand? ok ive nothing more to say your just ignoring whats said.