[SUGGESTION] Pallet stuns should break the pallet

Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Simply put, if a Survivor manages to slam a pallet on a Killer, that pallet is immediately broken. You could add 0.5-1 second to the stun for the sake of balance.

Comments

• Dav105
    Dav105 Member Posts: 73

I like this suggestion. I feel like currently the stun penalty is favouring the survivors. You get stunned and then you have to break the pallet in order to catch up to the survivor (and if you go around the pallet, it's still a waste of time sooo...).

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited July 2018

They have a perk to counter the stun a pallet stun gives and if you get pallet stunned, it's 'cause you ran into the pallet. That's like saying a survivor should still get their flashlight save, despite starting the flash too early or too late.

• Orion

@fluffybunny said:
    They have a perk to counter the stun a pallet stun gives and if you get pallet stunned, it's 'cause you ran into the pallet. That's like saying a survivor should still get their flashlight save, despite starting the flash too early or too late.

I'll assume you haven't read the suggestion, since I wasn't complaining about pallet stuns. Let me know when you read it.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

Hrm how would the stun work with enduring? also i suggested in the past that maybe killers get a new perk which instead of kicking the pallet to break it that they kick it to make it fly full speed in that direction and if it hits the survivor it's a instance down.

Take that teabagger!

• Orion

@DepravedKiller said:
    Hrm how would the stun work with enduring? also i suggested in the past that maybe killers get a new perk which instead of kicking the pallet to break it that they kick it to make it fly full speed in that direction and if it hits the survivor it's a instance down.

Take that teabagger!

Enduring reduces stuns. How do you think it'd work.

Your perk idea is horribly unbalanced and I hope you didn't suggest it as a serious thing.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Sounds very imbalanced.

Just take Enduring and eat all pallets. Eziest game ever.

• Orion

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    Sounds very imbalanced.

Why do you believe it's unbalanced?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I do like this idea.. the devs would make it a perk though because everything is a bandaid 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

I'll assume you haven't read the suggestion, since I wasn't complaining about pallet stuns. Let me know when you read it.

If you run into a pallet, isn't that a mistake on your part? Especially if you don't have a perk to counter the stun. Whether you literally said "pallet stun" or not doesn't matter. Point still stands.

• Orion

@Bravo0413 said:
    I do like this idea.. the devs would make it a perk though because everything is a bandaid 

They could add it to Enduring, but then the additional stun time would have to be removed. I think it'd work better as a base mechanic.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    Sounds very imbalanced.

You should be doing this anyway, Steve

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The killer gets no points for breaking said pallet unless it's free points for being bad and getting stunned. If you break the pallet automatically then enduring should be removed as well. You get pallet stunned then you're stunned for at least 3 seconds. 2 seconds of the actual stun and 1 second is for the animation on both sides to be dealt with.

The biggest issue is you're making it way too easy on the killer by auto breaking pallets. You don't want to have to break the pallet and or run enduring and are basically asking for a freebie then. The killer has to make a choice, break the pallet or leave it if it's not a safe pallet.

• soshidow
    soshidow Member Posts: 104
    edited August 2018

@Orion said:

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    Sounds very imbalanced.

Why do you believe it's unbalanced?

Lemme throw some numbers in this

1 - Base pallet stun : 2.1 seconds
    2 - Enduring pallet stun : 1.2 seconds

3: Base pallet break: 2.6 seconds
    4: Brutal Strength pallet break: 2.16 seconds

Enduring increases recovery rate by 75% or rather, stuns last for 43% less time. (I can explain the maths if needs be)

So Lets say we increase stuns by 1 second

5 - New pallet stun: 3.1 seconds
    6 - New Enduring pallet stun: 1.77 seconds

Hmm, still waaaay better than Brutal Strength. How about we add 2 seconds? (sorry non-Enduring users)

7 - New new pallet stun: 4.1 seconds
    8: New new Enduring pallet stun: 2.34 seconds.

Okay, so now to break a pallet Enduring takes 0.18 seconds longer than Brutal Strength, so as long as you respect every single pallet, never get stunned and survivors never loop you again due to respect then it's more efficient.
    But:

• If you get stunned even once it will take you 10 stun-free pallet breaks to match Enduring efficiency again.
    • If you get looped even once more that's probably going to be what... at least a 3 second loop? that's 16-17 stun-free pallets you're going to have to break to match Enduring.

EDIT: The point I'm making is, to make the pallet stun-break fair you'd have to add 2 seconds to a stun, nerf Enduring into an early grave, or buff Brutal Strength so much that it literally reverses time itself to balance it against Enduring.

Post edited by soshidow on
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

@only1biggs said:

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    Sounds very imbalanced.

You should be doing this anyway, Steve

I am :D

But if doing this broke pallets...? Mamma mia that'd be some broken #########...