Bear Traps to only hit Trapper when carrying a Survivor

Exactly what I've said in the title.
You know how Iridescent Stone is out and it activates any one random closed trap every 30 seconds in-game?
Well the problem with this is how poor Evan MacMillan here can end up getting his foot stuck in a trap that, with a 'life of its own' decided to munch on some Killer leg.
But the traps can work more critically against the Trapper when he's carrying a Survivor - if Trapper is caught while carrying a Survivor, he automatically drops them from his shoulder to open the trap and get out.

So why not do the most simplest thing you can possibly do, and make Trapper ignore traps by default and only be caught while carrying someone?
This is much simpler than tweaking hitboxes for the traps to accommodate Evan or block both him and Survivors, considering he gets caught in traps with gaps that Survivors can barely squeeze through.
And it would prevent any uproars about the Iridescent Stone or completely lost games because one decided to eat Trapper's leg instead of the Claudette that's been looping, flashlighting, and teabagging him the entire game.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I agree

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

Make it so that the trap only snags the Trapper's leg if he's carrying someone instead of any time he walks through it? I like it but am unsure on if it would be more of either a buff or a crutch mechanic.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Make it so that the trap only snags the Trapper's leg if he's carrying someone instead of any time he walks through it? I like it but am unsure on if it would be more of either a buff or a crutch mechanic.

How would it be a 'crutch mechanic' though?
    Having bear traps around makes the Trapper need to watch his step, and the Survivor can only hope that when they're wiggling they make him walk right into one and go free, but it won't be a guaranteed chomp on the Trapper's leg unless the Survivor is lucky or the Trapper was inattentive.
    This is not so much a buff as much as it is a fix to a looping problem exclusive to this one Killer. Like I said in my original post, Survivors are able to squeeze through a tiny gap without the trap hitting them, but the Trapper can't because he's larger and the trap will get him. The entire thing about how traps are right now is that Survivors could loop the Trapper around his very own traps as they can squeeze through a gap that he can't, them not getting trapped while he does.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Maybe like an uncommon addon. Like reinforced boots?
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i think he should be unaffected PERIOD.... i mean - he ******* put it there. its not like he can't step over it. it would definitely be a QOL adjustment for him....

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    M2Fream said:
    Maybe like an uncommon addon. Like reinforced boots?
    Then he’d become the same as Wraith - reliant on add-ons to be viable.
    No, this needs to be a change to his base kit. An add-on should never be a bandaid to something so petty, to prevent a Killer’s own power from harming themselves.