Decisive Strike is bad for the game

I began to realize when I am not using the perk, killers slug me because they think I have it, but if theres no obsession then they tunnel the entire game. I myself have punished people for not using it whereas I used to be nice to the people without it and punish those who brought it in.

This perk is ruining it for me honestly. Survivors have figured out how to abuse it and I get punished as killer vs it and punished as survivor for not using it. That was never a problem for me before the locker tech abuse bs

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

it's like deliverance in most cases you only have one chance to use it

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

Yeah, I'm not really against that idea. Most run ruin anyway. And it's only 60 seconds of immunity if you give them that immunity. Thats on you. Then they can just use it next time anyway, so if you're gonna grab em, grab em and get it over with. And if they escape, it's not the end of the world.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

Ok, I can see that. I'm in red ranks, but not 1, so that's a different ballgame. I'm only speaking of my experience at this level, this console, with this console's group of players.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

you can abuse it by jumping in a locker in front of the killer if he tries to down u to apply pressure. You can literally not be tunneled and still use the perk. They say its anti tunnel but it isnt. I have an unpleasant experience as killer and survivor because of the perk.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338
    edited December 2019

they are surv mains they dont udnerstand that, how would they understand it if the only thing they know is that they can make multiple mistakes per match and dont get punished for it, because there are still other people in the game to help them. they dont play killer they dont know how much stress the killer (one single person) go trough per match (in red ransk at least) how much one simple DS can change the entire game because the simple (i have no pressure now, i had it but i got punish even without tunneling and i lost the pressure i had and i needed u dont have everytime 60 seconds sometimes you need to kill people, u dont have tiem to slug, sometimes u need to have people out of the game) they dont understand that, they never will maybe if they start to play killer they could understand how survivor sided the game is punishing the killer for simple mistakes, they probably think killer is like survivor being able to fu*k it over and over again and nothing will happen. as a killer you cant fuk it over adn over again, and that is a problem the game has.

• Skarin
    Skarin Member Posts: 11

I've never had problems with DS precisely because I hate tunneling. I almost never eat the stun and if I do, the fault is mine for not being more attentive to who I was chasing. So no, it seems to me that fit perfectly in the game and a counter is needed for the tunneling.

• WickedMilk03

I am rank 1 in both and have 2.6 K hours. I definitely play both sides evenly and never really play swf.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

None of those “weaknesses” that you listed actually matter. The survivor gets to do whatever they want, such as make dumb saves and commit to gens. Meanwhile, the killer is forced to eat a stun or slug and lose a gen.

Why should the killer be punished because the unhooked person is bad at getting away? If I go back to the hook after the save, I should be able to down someone that runs in front of me. You shouldn’t be immune because you ran a perk.

• WickedMilk03

well if its meant to tunnel, shouldnt it deactivate when the killer hooks a different survivor?

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Yes, DS is an anti-tunnelling tool, however, it's also a perk, just like any other perk that can be used to win the game and can and should be used in whatever way the player wants to get an advantage. I don't see people complaining on forums because dead hard wasn't used to avoid a hit and was used for distance instead. If you feel that the purpose of decisive strike should purely be to stop tunnelling then I'll concede that it should be nerfed, if and only if it's base kit. Otherwise it's a perk like any other and can be and should be used to gain an advantage, just like any other perk would be used.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I also thought that ds should deactivate once another survivor is hooked, but sometimes it's the only thing that can save you from bad team mates and unsafe unhooks.

So, now I think it should deactivate when you heal or start working on a gen or opening the exit gates.

• Skarin
    Skarin Member Posts: 11

It could be a good solution, yes. But of course it is a difficult issue to deal with without falling into advantages on one side or the other and creating a good balance in the process. I still think that the DS is no problem if you know how to choose correctly who you are chasing.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

It dosen't need a buff in place of that nerf, it just needs that nerf. I am tired of survivor powers getting buffed and nerfed at the same time while that rarely happens to killer perks.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Survivors abusing a perk?

Color me surprised.

• ygnea
    ygnea Member Posts: 116

It needs a buff if it’s getting nerfed. It’s supposed to be a strong perk. There’s no reason the way I said it should work shouldn’t work. It would simply be anti tunnel perk that way.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Why is it supposed to be a strong perk when there are plenty of weaker perks? Was MoM supposed to be a strong perk? Because it only got nerfed with no buff recompense. I don't understand what logic your trying to go for.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

That last sentence is BS. Night before last I was stunned by DS after downing and hooking two other survivors. After the second hook, I saw one of the two Megs running in to unhook and grabbed her out of the unhook animation. I was stunned by DS and both hooks were rescued.

I posted in another DS thread about a game where I got THREE other survivors downed (thanks to Haunted Grounds) after the DS user was unhooked, and still got "punished for tunneling" even though I slugged 1 and hooked 2 other survivors before going after the DS user.

DS does have issues. It grants 60 seconds of immunity from pickup, and good survivors will use those 60 seconds well. Hell, *I* use DS on survivor, and I've used those tactics. Intentionally get downed in front of the hook so I can DS and rescue with BT? Jump in a locker when I'm about to be downed, forcing the killer to either eat the DS or leave me unslugged? Bodyblock a chainsaw at the exit gate? Sure, I've got DS so the killer can't pick me up anyway.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

People who think even killers would stop slugging if DS was not in the game... Lmao

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

How did you come to the conclusion that DS is at fault? Its the fault of killer playing cheap and being scared of a tiny 5s stun. Thats the real problem.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

Easy solution,don't grab that Survivor.Go and find another one.If he hasn't Unbreakable there are 2 Survivor where doing nothing even if it is just for a few seconds.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@WickedMilk03 Are you certain the obsession is tunneled for DS alone? There is a tome challenge for hooking the obsession twice. Then perks like remember me, and that Ghostface hook one, exist.

You data might be corrupted if you failed to consider these factors.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

DS was fine till everyone started to abuse it as much as they could. It needs some tweaking cause it can make a Killer lose at higher ranks easily and rewards bad Survivor plays (like Survivors like to say NOED does for Killers). Also the amount of salty survivors in here... wow. I've played both sides, but even if I hadn't that shouldn't invalidate my opinion. That's like saying survivors have no right to talk about Killers, and yet I still see "nerf wraith" threads for crying out loud.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Decisive Strike has next to no effect on me as survivor or killer. I don't run it and other survivors who do generally get downed 10-20 seconds later. I can count on one hand I've been hit by it with killer in the past several months.

• kaio_stk
    kaio_stk Member Posts: 92

Let me say, NO!

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

People are still complaining about DS? I used to be rank 1 survivor and killer (took a break, but I started playing again). It's perfectly fine the way it is right now. I rarely ever get hit by DS. I think killers need to start playing better. SMH

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

It's not a5 second stun though, if it just dropped you and your stayed in the dying state that would be fine. But it's a5 second stun and an entirely new chase. It's the chase that's the problem, not the stun

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354

100% agree. I feel that everyone hasn't been able to play Killer at the highest ranks, nor know how important time and pressure are to each trial. The moment you run into a team that can Gen Rush and survive on loops effectively (plus infinites, etc), you just get bullied and stomped so hard.

I always slug the potential survivor that has it anyways (there are a fair few clues the survivor can give that they are running it). However, this again wastes time that could be spent chasing someone else or disrupting Gen progress around the map.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

I dont believe he is. He is responding to Yoi that said the same thing but to survivors. There are things on both sides that are a bit to strong. But I dont know how to balance DS without breaking it.

People will still abuse it.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145
    edited December 2019

i disagree because it counters moris.

(this was sarcasm.)

i wish it was used to counter moris.

imma go make a post about this actually.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

Yes I would like to see ruin purple ranks and up to balance things out. Perhaps make it so when all totems are broken the Ruin disappears just to make survivor actions less optimal.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

I would actually be fine with reducing the stun to 4 seconds. That makes 1 second stuck in animation and a 3 second stun which is right in line with headon.

I would also be good with it being turned off if the survivor tries to hook save. As you said it would be totally on the survivors hands at that time.

I would also be fine with the perk time being changed to 30, 35 and 40 seconds respectively. Still wastes the killers time but doesn't give the full minute of god mode.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    edited December 2019

Literally 3 people out of 10 use DS for countering tunneling.

This perk is heavily abused and its no surprise that everyone and their mother runs it.

60 immunity seconds with no downside ? Ofc its gonna be meta.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

As someone who enjoys killer much more than survivor, I actually have to agree with this. Winning without tunneling is completely doable, even at red ranks. If you get your rocks off from making someone else miserable and tunneling them, you're toxic.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

Pretty much this, at this point.

Guys, DS is fine where it's at other than maybe abusing locker grabs. Everything else is a simple slug away from not eating that stun and losing your game over.

I play red ranks with both roles and I'll admit I get hit by DS every now and then, and it's completely my fault regardless of whether or not I actually did tunnel. Is it annoying to get hit with DS after hooking someone else? Well yes. But you really should try and mentally keep track of who you've hooked in the past 60s.

Just. Slug. If anything needs nerfing when it comes to DS, it's locker grabs. Stun duration and activation timer are both fine.

• SaintsxSinners
    SaintsxSinners Member Posts: 52

Built in mechanic?

Stop talking and leave this establishment...immediately.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Hell, exhaustion perks are bad for the game.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

If you're going through stress playing a video game, I suggest you stop playing. Video games are supposed to be fun.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    edited December 2019

I try to use fun perks, get punished for it.

Bring DS and Unbreakable? I get opportunities to survive against the sweaty killer I am playing against.

It’s fine the way it is, just equip it every single match.