Decisive Strike is bad for the game

2»

Comments

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

This is exactly how I feel. Whenever I don't bring those two perks I get tunneled into oblivion.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited December 2019

funny how everyone is like "just slug to avoid it and its fine, dont tunnel" but when the killer runs noed he is a scumbag because just cleaning all 5 totems is too hard. you kids should stop only playing one side. love the double standard.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Which just lasts another 10-15seconds in 99% of the cases. Yeah what a problem. OMG

• Mystic_Flower
    Mystic_Flower Member Posts: 11

Killers are overpowered, and many times they camp a hooked survivor. Killer bots will b better.

• Cinnabon488
    Cinnabon488 Member Posts: 64

I know it can be annoying as killer but without it most killers would just tunnel you off the hook so I think having something to prevent that is good.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2020

I think DS is great. It pushes killers to tunnel less, but still leaves them the option to do so if they want to take the risk. Personally, when I play killer I almost always assume every survivor has DS, and I'm fine with that. I feel I am less frustrating for the survivors to play against, I get more GG's post game and the odd time I do make the call to chance DS, there's a good reason for it and it's a tense moment.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Get your bottle of milk and go to bed already.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

It will be perfect when they actually make it an anti-tunnel perk, i.e. no more survivors hopping in lockers, unhooking, or doing gens in my face because they know they have 60 seconds of immunity.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Can people stop bringing old threads back from the dead and just make a new topic about it?

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

This doesnt make any sense because how can he be abusing it if your off chasing someone else. It only last a minute from when you get unhooked.

This sounds like you seen someone going for the unhook and ran back over and then decided to go after the guy who just came off hook to apply more pressure or to go after the easy target. Either way is not fun for the survivor and is the sole purpose of why DS exist.

If you just went after the guy who made the save generally speaking by the time you down him and hook him and then make it back to the other survivor his ds ran out. You run into problems when trying to slug for extra pressure ect.

Dont be greedy and ds is almost never a problem. The only problem with DS is if you get unhooked during egc and still have ds your almost guaranteed a free get out card.

This is coming from a rank 1 killer who mains billy so i know all about downing survivors real fast. Just never go after the guy who was just hooked or just eat it and move on.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427

Bruh is literally 60 seconds, if you find the survival in 60 seconds or you are hyper lucky or you are tunneling for you heal someone takes 20 seconds i think i dont really know, and a bad chase can take 40 seconds easily, and you dont have any warranty that he is not going to pop a gen in your side and this will make you lose you last 5 seconds of ds. in others word 60 seconds is nothing and if you are not tunelling you will be fine

• Lumpytoad
    Lumpytoad Member Posts: 16

(survivor main, console, red ranks):

When I play killer, I know I can purposely down the guy that was just rescued, and reduce pressure on me by 25%+ once more...

However, I purposely target the rescuer before I chase the unhooked individual. If I do have to switch on to the unhooked individual, I typically slug not because of DS, but just to give them a chance. If no one comes for the slug-rescue then I'll capitalize on it n' hook 'em and just tell myself their teammates don't care.

I know factually getting someone out of game as soon as possible reduces pressure so so so much, but I also know it is terrible to do to another individual playing to enjoy themselves. I feel like Borrowed Time should just be a built in mechanic for anyone unhooked *shrugs* but I am also aware my empathetic playstyle is the minority in ranks that typically play to do well and win.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

So you can do gens or sit in the locker for eternity. Nice

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

So you can just... Chase someone else..? Or bait them till they're out the locker, slug, then go for someone else? Or eat it really early? Wasted perk slot.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Oh my god this thread aged horribly Lmao.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Obviously the perk is abused. The antitunneling thing is needed, especially for new players. But when in combo with lockers and unbreakable is well known 60 seconds invulnerability. But thats not the real problem, because a slug survivor cant work on gen. The real problem only survivor mains dont admin (I play both role, I only claim balance fun games), is that a survivor not slugged can rush gens with it, with also other shields like teammates borrowed time, bodyblocks, instaheals, etc... And if I slug him unbreakable, soulguard, for the people, any means necessary etc. This for possible 4 decisive that can activate a total of 8 times, and is a real nightmare in maps like ormond with 1000 tiles and furious genrush. Change my Mind.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

you aren't playing killer much if you're saying such silly things

• GoodBoyKaru

Oh okay I guess I'm not a rank 1 killer main I understand completely.

That's my steam profile. Karu_TC being my twitch (that i've talked about on here many times before), as well as obviously sharing my name "Karu", which isn't exactly common. Looking under my previous aliases oin steam there's also "Wraith's Simp" which, if you check my Twitter (also under Karu_TC) I've talked about simping for Wraith before, "Karu", or "Default Blendette", and I've been open about me being a Blendette main when I play Survivor. Just in case you don't think that's me.

So yeah, I guess I don't play much killer. @MusicNerd_TC @JawsIsTheNextKiller @Aneurysm I've lied to all of you I guess I'm still a survivor main.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I don't know you very well but you are quickly becoming one of my fav members, along with the others <3!! DS isn't the best perk, and I find that using it just makes the killer come after me the second the stun is over. So, I use perks that help me get away before I can get hooked or attacked, because I know that most killers expect DS at this point.

• GoodBoyKaru

well if i dont joke around about people calling me a survivor main every 2 seconds ill start crying, but im glad im becoming one of your favourite members lol <3

you're really wholesome yourself tho, don't give me too much credit for being a sarcastic bastard lmao.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Can confirm @GoodBoyKaru is a pure survivor main, have watched him play multiple survivor games with a weird cosmetic that gives you first person view and a big knife, probably one of Jeff's

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 537

DS is fine

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

yes this would work so well against new bubba now he revs the saw and downs you both even trough bt

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

Funny if I get DSed i usually will tunnel that guy, it's really funny.