Just remove the struggle mashing please!

Options

I see it so many times, where halfway through the survivor dies because they couldn't struggle fast enough. I play on Switch and so many times I died because my finger cramped or the game lagged and didn't register my inputs.

I beg you, just let us hold down a button to struggle. You been saying for months that you're looking into it but nothing has changed. No one cares if the fix is lazy or not just please fix it so we don't die because the game arbitrarily decided we weren't button mashing hard enough.

Comments

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

And change the wiggle too.

• Cig
    Cig Member Posts: 33
    Options

I would like the wiggle to be a single button smash instead of a alternating buttons.

• theman0864
    theman0864 Member Posts: 39
    Options

I died to this today as well. And then I turned the game off. I'm pretty sure if the community were to vote on one quality of life update that could be implemented easily not having to mash a button for struggle would be it.

• BishopTheTroll
    BishopTheTroll Member Posts: 1
    Options

Literally just had this happen to me again on Xbox. DIdn’t die because of not tapping fast/consistent enough, it was because every now and then, there’s a frame dip and if you’re struggling when this happens, you’re dead every time. Just get rid of this ridiculous phase already.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    edited December 2019
    Options

@Peanits The devs thinking about ever fixing this problem since the games prone to lag? And im sure my keyboard doesnt like me mashing the button so fast. Either make it holdable or automatic?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Yes please. It is very tedious and annoying and adds nothing positive to the game.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Alright I know this thread has appeared about 10000000000000000000000 times, but there is a reason for this. So please devs my keyboard will thank you, my hands will thank you, my teamates that see me give up because of being force killed by lag will thank you. We need this change D:

• jamon
    jamon Member Posts: 18
    Options

I play on Switch too and have lost count of how many times I've died in struggle to a lag spike eating my button mashing.

Wiggle using the control stick is terrible too, this game has only been out on Switch for a few months and I've already worn out one pro controller's joystick from wiggling. Switch pro controllers are $90+ tax in Canada.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

I'll second this. There's not much to add, really. It's such a no-brainer improvement.