Gideon Meat Plant - The Game

Let me first start off by saying I'm a killer main and get that out of the way. This map I feel is heavily tilted toward the killer for a number of reasons but the most obvious being that survivors don't really have a way to break line of sight during a chase as well as most maps like disappearing into a cornfield or tall grass. There are killers out there myself included that specifically target that map because of how heavily it's tilted toward the killer it's a guaranteed 3 kill minimum and honestly I kinda feel bad for the survivors when I get this map.

1.) A major tweak to balance it especially against the max terror radius mains out there and you know who you are xD, would be to simply make the terror radius confined to level IE if the killer is on the first floor that terror radius even if directly on top of them wouldn't bleed through to the second floor likewise for the doctors madness effect.

2.) Give them a few more clustered things to hide behind or a new hole or two to drop down from. Half the fun in this game is the chase and when you down people who almost literally have nowhere to go it get boring.

Being a killer is so much easier especially ranking up than it is being a survivor, I'm personally a trash survivor (Rank 12 currently) thus why I'm a killer main xD. (Rank 14 and quickly sinking) I haven't played killer long but it's not hard to pip especially with the killer buffs that went out and "balancing" xD

Staying on topic though, Gideon as a whole needs some tweaks in general perhaps remove the element of doors opening when gens are popped to give them more escape routes? Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

Comments

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

I agree & Love your suggestions!

• facundoj
    facundoj Member Posts: 52
    If the terror radius only works on one floor, then it's a buff for the killer. You can hear someone working on a gen below and just drop for a free hit. Also, imagine the last three gens are on one floor, the killer can just be on the other floor and hear if someone's working on a gen. The map is actually not that bad, I personally have trouble finding gens, but it's possible to win. You need to know where the loop spots are, there are at least three I can think of right now. I'm saying this as a rank 3 survivor and rank 9 killer, so I'm not killer main xD
  • Confused_Senpai
    Confused_Senpai Member Posts: 60

@facundoj said:
    If the terror radius only works on one floor, then it's a buff for the killer. You can hear someone working on a gen below and just drop for a free hit. Also, imagine the last three gens are on one floor, the killer can just be on the other floor and hear if someone's working on a gen. The map is actually not that bad, I personally have trouble finding gens, but it's possible to win. You need to know where the loop spots are, there are at least three I can think of right now. I'm saying this as a rank 3 survivor and rank 9 killer, so I'm not killer main xD

What you're saying though is something that a killer main usually wouldn't do, I'm not going to stand on floor 2 to listen for a gen on floor 1 and waste my time trying to find a way down because there isn't a hole for every gen to surprise the survivor xD when I could just cycle around on floor 1 between the gens and not risk them being done while I'm on floor 2 trying to find a way down. It's actually a bit of a nerf in the sense that if the terror radius isn't on your floor you know the killer is elsewhere or on the bottom floor buying you more time to do a gen. It would allow for a sort of stealth play somewhat I suppose but with how massive terror radius is it would literally be a very slight change if that and they could put the terror radius change trigger to be halfway up the stairs for example.

The way I honestly hun on that map is like any other map, I walk around on the bottom floor listening for a gen being worked on then respond accordingly.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Just nope.
    The game is only good for a couple of niche killer and killer builds, no need to take that away.
    There are a lot of killer that do not benefit from this map at all.

• BillCosby
    BillCosby Member Posts: 27

DeadByDaylight
    ∟ Maps
    ....∟ GideonMeatPlant
    ......... * [DELETE]

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@facundoj said:

I have trouble finding gens there as well. There are tons of places to lose the killer there and i SUCK as surv. I dont mind that map. Yes, it can be a pain to find a totem ther if they run ruin and they protect it but i am taking on the idea now of just pushing through the gen instead of wasting too much time to find a totem that might be protected. I haver seen far too many games where the survs throw themselves at the killer in order to get the totem rather than stay away adn power through the gens.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Who cares about broken terror radius?
    The two things that should be fixed in Gideon Meat Plant - its floor colour and overall map brightness. If you injured - its almost impossible to break LOS, since your blood is glowing like Christmas Tree. It wasn't an issue on Lery, since there always were windows and hallways where you can break LOS. But on Gideon there is blood, there is a big amount of emty space AND map is very bright itself.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Why do you act like having a killer favoured map is such a bad thing.

Hell there are several maps that are Survivor favoured with the preschool probably being the one that has become balanced when it used to be heavily in the survivors favour.

Also hard to rank up as a survivor I'm a trash tier survivor (I can't really juke and end up messing up loops) and I find it incredibly easy to reach Rank 1 without trying

Anyway seriously it's one map out of how many I legitimately think we can let the fact that it's killer sided slide at least once.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited August 2018
    Have you any clue how many safe pallets and horrible loops there are on the meat plant? And even if it is a little geared towards killer 1 map that actually goes toward killer compared to the coldwind maps, Macmillans, autohavens, swamps... soo many go against the killer and we're going to whine about 1 damn map that comes out and is nice for killer...... really?
  • JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78

The game may be a bit killer favored but when looking at all the maps in general there is actually far more maps that are survivor sided like ironworks or groaning storehouse, maybe when the devs finally get around to reworking maps so all are more fair for both sides they might make some slight adjustments to gideon.

Also the game isn't really geared for all killers, trapper only has a few viable spots to put traps without it being the most obvious thing in the world and there are some jukes that survivors can do to lose the killer.

• Wolf74

Please anybody complaining about The Game... name another killersided map.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Killersided? How?
    It is literal labyrinth with many safe pallets over and over again not allowing any mindgames.
    Trapper is near useless on this map as all the paths are too wide for traps to block them.
    Nurse is very hard on the lower floor as line of sight allows you to see 5 m in front of you.

• foxboxunionttv
    foxboxunionttv Member Posts: 48
    As someone who quit being killer to do suvivor cause the killer side has become nothing but a snooze fest of hoping hex ruin isnt broken in 5 minutes unless im on nurse or billy and as someone who now plays almost entirely as a suvivor i love the game. Its one of the only maps that feels proper. This game should tilt everything in the killers side. It is how asymmetrical things work. I love going to this map as a suvivor cause i it feels like a map with a real challenge to it. No real infinites, no easy ways to ruhn a killer infinitly i dont know if they are bearing me down or not. The game is a great map. 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It's fun as both sides. Plus it's one of the only (if not the only) killer favored map in the game.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The only killer that ened to be adjusted for there is the Doctor since super extended range he's more op than the nurse. It's usually a 4k game with 1-2 gens done if lucky and or a bunch of dc's. IT wouldn't be so bad if his madness inducing effect didn't go through floors/ceilings.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

The randomness of closed doors is what makes me hate the map. Cant find generators unless you run dejavu. If the map wasnt random but just fixed as one than its easyer for survivors to get used to it without killers losing their powerrole on it.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

You know, when I see "I'm akiller main" at the start of the thread, I know that some salty survivor is roleplaying and trying to push his ideas against killers. I would put here "Hello, fellow killer mains" picture, if I had one on my phone...

• Wolf74

@RSB said:
    You know, when I see "I'm akiller main" at the start of the thread, I know that some salty survivor is roleplaying and trying to push his ideas against killers. I would put here "Hello, fellow killer mains" picture, if I had one on my phone...

Can I help you out?

https://imgflip.com/i/2fd4tz

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Wolf74 said:

@RSB said:

Can I help you out?

https://imgflip.com/i/2fd4tz

That's the spirit ;> there has been similiar picture, but with Clsudette wearing Huntress' mask, but this pic is good too

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

wow every single map isn't bloodlodge how I feel for those poor survivors